Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Hassar

Scholar
Only 3 hours left. Here the english version. I'm hyped to see what poorly written character we going to kill and not care at all this time around :smug:

pls bring devil survivor and strange journey writers for the love of *Record scratch*

We will know we have achieved next gen graphics when characters’ hair can fall directly onto their skin and clothes instead of floating stiffly above other parts of the model.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Brute Fuu-Ki: One of the Four Oni used by Fujiwara no Chikata, a noble of legend who quelled Iga and Ise Provinces during the Heian Period. He was a summoned being who possessed the power to cause heavy winds to blow away enemies. He was referred to as one who performed many extraordinary deeds of bravery, or also the origin of the ninja. He uses Zandyne and Titanomachia (medium Phys damage on all enemies, high critical rate), while nothing else is listed.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Brute Fuu-Ki: One of the Four Oni used by Fujiwara no Chikata, a noble of legend who quelled Iga and Ise Provinces during the Heian Period. He was a summoned being who possessed the power to cause heavy winds to blow away enemies. He was referred to as one who performed many extraordinary deeds of bravery, or also the origin of the ninja. He uses Zandyne and Titanomachia (medium Phys damage on all enemies, high critical rate), while nothing else is listed.

woohoo slime. The other soul hackers/Strange Journey design is better though.

To some extent I wonder what this marketing is about, those who are most likely to want to buy the games are quite familiar with most of the Monsters shown. And I am not sure what the effect it should have on people who are unfamiliar with the franchise.

d1r

Patron
Friend of mine told me that the "Die for Me" skill shown in the newest SMT5 trailer is some kind of throwback to the Raidou manga, where he gets sucked into her little mini world (Carnival Wonderland). It's a pretty obscure reference. Maybe a hint towards Raidou making an appearance in SMT5?

https://chap.manganelo.com/manga-hp91909/chapter-20

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I don't think that Die for Me skill is anything new. I'm 99% sure she had that in the mobile game too

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Sentinel

Arcane
What the hell? How did they manage to make Wikia even worse?
How is it worse? Looks way better, has floating index, can expand the page to fit width of monitor, doesn't have fuckhuge worthless bar at the top, loads faster.

Sentinel

Arcane
Genma Cu Chulainn: A beautiful hero of Ireland. Son of the sun god Lugh, he was a brilliant and valorous warrior able to defeat an army on his own. Because he rejected the courtship of Morrigan, the goddess of battle, he was cursed to die, being pierced by his own spear, Gae Bolg.

Next: Megami Scathach

d1r

Patron
The more I see about this game, the more I think that this actually could have been another SMT IF... prototype. The Nocturne feeling is kinda gone with such a large cast that follows you around in the game.

Also, ANAHITA'S FUCKING ASS.

Screenshot-3776.png

Sentinel

Arcane
Megami Scathach: A goddess of Celtic myth. She is also the queen who rules over the Land of Shadow. While a sorceress, she is preeminent in martial arts, later becoming Cu Chulainn's teacher and passing the magical spear Gae Bolg to him.

Puukko

Arcane
Long haired girl: heroine
Scarf girl: neutral rep
Her bro with the glasses: law rep
Blonde Masao: chaos rep...? He doesn't fit the edgy loner archetype for sure.

I'm also getting Reiko/Hazama vibes from the siblings, design wise.

lightbane

Arcane
Long haired girl: heroine
Scarf girl: neutral rep
Her bro with the glasses: law rep
Blonde Masao: chaos rep...? He doesn't fit the edgy loner archetype for sure.

I'm also getting Reiko/Hazama vibes from the siblings, design wise.

They're mostly annoying except for the Prime Minister, who's likely a Lawful Stupid "hero". Hopefully we get to kill most/all of them in some endings.

d1r

Patron
Brute Kin-Ki: One of the Four Oni used by Fujiwara no Chikata, a noble of legend who quelled Iga and Ise Provinces during the Heian Period. He has a solid body capable of deflecting any weapon, and guided Chikata to victory. He uses Deathbound (medium Phys damage to all enemies), while Berserker God and "Shockbound" are listed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom