Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Puukko

Arcane
I started with the intention of going world of STR but the difficulty forced me to focus more on tankiness. Bit of a hydrid support role too.

Puukko

Arcane
Fiddled around with NCP a bit and I dig the results. Forced AF, 2x SSAA, sharpening and low latency mode and it all seems to work well. This is in addition to 2x internal resolution. I still have no idea what the actual native resolution is - it strikes me as higher than 720p, but not by much. 900p maybe.

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-11-12-19-08-33-02.png

Now if only the draw distance wasn't ass. It's probably the lowest I have ever seen. I really hope the guy who did the enhancement mod for NMH3 works his magic with this.

PS this area reminds me of Nier Automata a fair bit. The music, calming nature juxtaposed by ruined buildings, mostly.

spekkio

Arcane
EU version with all DLC is out, didn't see NA DLC anywhere so far luckily i waited with my playtrough for the DLC so i just switched to the EU version.
Oh yeah, I'm on NA and that's a bit of a bummer, hope it gets uploaded soon.
Ziperto is your friend (screens from US .xci version):

TJz25j8.png

The "Japanese Voices" DLC is still missing, though (only EU is available):

NnQ9dR5.png

:(

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
EU version with all DLC is out, didn't see NA DLC anywhere so far luckily i waited with my playtrough for the DLC so i just switched to the EU version.
Oh yeah, I'm on NA and that's a bit of a bummer, hope it gets uploaded soon.
Ziperto is your friend (screens from US .xci version):

TJz25j8.png

The "Japanese Voices" DLC is still missing, though (only EU is available):

NnQ9dR5.png

:(

You could have at least disabled those Money Cheat DLC's. Yikes! Also, Japanese DLC is available for download, and it's working too.

spekkio

Arcane
You could have at least disabled those Money Cheat DLC's. Yikes!
I'm just checking if files work, I don't plan on playing this game before 2023 or sth (I still have 4 & 4A to play before 5).

On the other hand, it's nice to know that someone here is even more autistic / retarded ("OLOLO how can you play the game in less prestigious way than I do???"), than me. :roll:

grimace

Arcane
I dabbled into this a little and gotta say this game is some serious good shit. So good that I'll now just wait for the inevitable PC release so that I don't have to spoil this glorious game with shitty hickups and sound crackling.

They just don't make games like these anymore (tm).

I walked in to Wal*Mart and there were 3 standard physical copies in the display.

I purchased one. Was $53.62 total.

I already look forward to the remastered director's cut with all the DLC playable on better hardware.

Owning a physical copy means I can always sell that copy to someone else. I don't know if there is a low print run on these carts or not.

Jinn

Arcane
Have no doubt this will get a PC release, and will be waiting until then to get it. Sounds good so far though. Have fun, and don't forget to support Megaten coming to PC when the time comes!

Jinn

Arcane
Why would they release not only Persona 4, but SMT III on PC too if they didn't have further plans to do the same with future titles? There's also been a lot of these "soft" exclusives happening, where the game usually comes out on PC within a years time. There's nothing optimistic about it.

dacencora

Why would they release not only Persona 4, but SMT III on PC too if they didn't have further plans to do the same with future titles? There's also been a lot of these "soft" exclusives happening, where the game usually comes out on PC within a years time. There's nothing optimistic about it.
As much as I would be happy for this to happen, I'm a bit skeptical. Seems like a logical step, especially since they're using Unreal Engine. Why wouldn't they just do a release on all platforms? Atlus gonna Atlus, I guess.

Jinn

Arcane
As much as I would be happy for this to happen, I'm a bit skeptical. Seems like a logical step, especially since they're using Unreal Engine. Why wouldn't they just do a release on all platforms? Atlus gonna Atlus, I guess.

Because Nintendo gave them money to have it exclusively on their platform for 6 months to a year. Nintendo is lacking in RPG exclusives, so they'll get what they can get. Beyond that, Sega isn't playing that all-time exclusive game anymore, and since they own Atlus, Atlus does what Sega says, and Sega says "our games are going on PC now" - thank fuck.

dacencora

Because Nintendo gave them money to have it exclusively on their platform for 6 months to a year. Nintendo is lacking in RPG exclusives, so they'll get what they can get. Beyond that, Sega isn't playing that all-time exclusive game anymore, and since they own Atlus, Atlus does what Sega says, and Sega says "our games are going on PC now" - thank fuck.
Well you’re certainly not wrong that Sega has been porting more and more games. I suppose we’ll see. I’m gonna play SMT V on the switch, however.

Jinn

Arcane
Sega is - and has been for quite a long time - the leader in porting Japanese games to PC. As a corporation, I don't always care for their practices, but I am thankful to them for tearing down the walls consoles put up, and forcing these bitch-ass Japanese developers to put their shit on PC.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
After all the lame excuses to not port P5 or Catherine: Full Body I'm not going to get my hopes up no matter how good the chances are. If it comes to PC I'll just play it again next year.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just started my game in Hard mode.
Two Petras got Magatushi bar full and then kikck my ass with two powered critic Bites.

10/10 , A true SMT experience.

SMTV game is ludo kino incarnation anons but it does need Maniax wifes renovation anons! It does! SMTV game is empty as Josh Sawyer sexual history! It is! Give me cute SMTV Extra Wifes Maniax Edition with big breasts and fat butt! I am Soul Hacker wife scholar! I am!

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Got to the second world, playing on normal. My thoughts so far:
-Reasonably challenging even on normal. Had to try several times to get through Hydra. Got barely through Anahita on first attempt with only one demon alive, had to use bead on Nahobito too. And it's still difficult even though spyglass gives reveals you both the resistances and the move list.
-Not a huge fan of the changes in buffs/debuffs. I'm level 24, but so far I've only found sukunda and rakunda useful because of single targeting and their temporal nature. Playing around the fact that the boss had dekaja/dekunda was more preferable to this.
-To me it seems like they wanted to make Smirk more telegraphed and deterministic so they came up with magatsuki. It effectively does the same job, but I found it thematically much for entertaining that your crits and dodges are caused by sheer smugness.
-They've iterated the fusion options pretty well. For Hydra it felt like you don't really have any no-brainer options to it. The ones demons with good offensive affinity tend to be weak to the boss damage, while the ones with resistance will run into mana issues if you try use them on offense. So using a demon with weakness and trying to time guarding on it without shitting your action economy is encouraged. It's really miles ahead of IV where making effective generalists was really easy.
-Money feels properly scarce. I wince whenever a demon asks for a large wad or I have to resort to compendium to fuse something.
-Good amount of narrative content. Offers a change of pace for the combat, but doesn't force half an hour of cutscenes and dialogue on you. And no irritating companions like in IV:A. Writing is nothing special, but managing to be inoffensive tends to be a plus in JRPG.
-Tying power ups to exploration feels like an appropriate choice.

Apart from the buff/debuff thing I think it's a clear improvement to 4A.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Why are you here Valerie anon? Will your ban ever be lifted from cuckchan?
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I am at RPGCodex anon for Monk anon anon! I am! I am permanence ban nonsense anon from 4channel anon but do not worry anon it is okay anon because I do love you anon! I do! You are a good anon!
You were a lot less annoying when you were Nyx. If this were my forum I would have banned you for being an unfunny and annoying novelty account a long time ago.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I finally got some time to play a bit more and decided to turn off vsync since 30fps is horrible when you're used to 200+. I get between 70-80fps with it off but it does seem to change how the game runs a bit. Demons are moving around much faster on the field. I think whoever said that the game logic isn't tied to fps may be incorrect. I'm going to go back to turning it on and just deal with the low fps. It's still probably a more stable frame rate than an actual Switch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom