Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V is Nintendo Switch Exlusive

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Abu Antar, Oct 24, 2017.

1. tet666 Augur

tet666
    There is a 60 fps mod now so maybe try that, it can also improve the LOD optionally (but it's a bit costly)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l9dacvd5cyzhm5v/SMTV_Graphics_Mods.zip/file

• incline incline x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Anonymous Wife Scholar Arcane

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    No! I am not Nyx ! I am wife scholar! I am! You would ban because you are fat stupid sensitive butthurt cuckold! You are! Do you need ban for hugbox forum !! Do you! You are pathetic nonsense !! You are!

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    Nah, a the very beggining Sophia say that MC must face demon from ANOTHER world so SMTV and Nocturne are unrelated.

BTW Switch owners complain about performace heh, so we are a this point emulation provides better experience DAY ONE.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Fluent Augur Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    If that's the case, then I still think it's a non issue, the only times I get caught is when the world has invisible walls or the hitbox is bigger than expected, not because I couldn't outrun them. Not worth the tradeoff in my opinion, but that's your call.

Then again, I'm the guy who played the Astral Chain intro at 3x speed recently and thought huh, this seems a little fast.

Damn dude, you're on point with the info. Thanks!

^ Top  
  6. Anonymous Wife Scholar Arcane

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    Thank you !! You are a good !! I do love you !! I do!

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    I'm having trouble getting the packs above to work. Neither medium nor high seems to do anything, the game still launches locked at 30 and I see no difference in the draw distance. This is on 1.0.1. Did you confirm them to be working tet666?
    If you did, could you share your folder layout? As I understand, mods should show up in the addons properties window. Never tried mods on Yuzu before myself.

^ Top  
  8. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    All screenshots from FE3H file structure.

For Yuzu, .ips mods go to /user/load/[game_id]/ directory:

[​IMG]

You can create such directory via emu:

[​IMG]

For Ryu, mods go to the /mods/contents/[game_id]/ directory:

[​IMG]

Created the same way:

[​IMG]

Not sure about other formats, 'cuz Ryu has also "exefs_patches" and "nro_patches" subidrectories in the "mods" directory.

:roll:

And yes, mods should show up in the Add-Ons section of Properties, same way as Updates and DLCs do:

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    You people getting 60fps on Overworld exploration?

I am fighting with 30-45 fps here, and battles always seem to be locked at 30fps. Is my i7-4790K really that old? :cry:

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    There we go, got it working. Had to create a new mod folder "60fps" and then dump the mod in there. Just dumping the romFS folder on top of the existing one by that name did nothing. Deceptive.

Thanks spekkio!

Medium LOD cost me perhaps 1-2 fps while looking identical to high which cost way more. Yeah, this is the one to go with.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    My god, the exploration theme of the
    Show Spoiler
    second world map (Shinagawa) is absolutely FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    Looks like the JAP VA DLC for the US version is indeed out:

[​IMG]

:dance:

• Yes Yes x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Is anyone here actually playing the game with the minimap disabled? I am trying to find as much shit as possible in my first run without the map, and then proceed to NG+ with the map enabled again.

^ Top  
  14. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Some random observations I've made after playing the game for 10h (I'm still in the Netherworld):

-The game's difficulty ramps up steadily. Some encounters are really hard, unless..

-Items are extremely useful in this game. The dampeners especially can trivialize otherwise impossibly difficult fights. Bosses hit like trucks and can easily one turn you if they hit a weakness and get extra turns. Casting spyglass on them on the first round to check what they use, what their weaknesses are and then blocking them from using their more likely damage type with a dampener is a nice way of beating otherwise tough fights.

-Continuing on items: Mitamas drop really good ones. Grimoires give your demons an instant level up and Gospels gives your MC a level up. Valuable stuff. Always carry Spyglasses and items for all element types so you can kill a Mitama when you find one. The macca they drop pays itself back (with a bit of excess) but the items they give are invaluable.

-It's worth looting all those random items that the little girl demon points out. You can get items to boost demon stats or even affinities. The worst thing that can happen is that you get pulled into a combat encounter, usually versus a Mitama, which is actually a great thing.

-Items seem to be one of the key elements to winning this game-

-The 5 Glory Miracle that sometimes gives you an extra relic is well worth it. Getting a double relic of a game cartridge which is worth a few thousand macca means you can use the compendium more liberally.

-Basically just hoard items and macca to win. You can grind your way out of a tough encounter, but the items they give you are invaluable in this game. I'm still putting most of my points into STR with some AGI and VIT. While the MC is a strong character, his strength comes in versatility via item usage rather than pure raw power like, say, Demi-Fiend or Flynn. They're using a more classical approach to how you should use your protagonist in SMT5 (support).

Edit: Also if anyone knows how to fuse the Hydra, let me know. Probably too late now but I'd still like to have it.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    I haven't come across any gospels. Hmm...

^ Top  
  16. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    I tried the 60fps mod and it seems to speed the whole game up the same as turning vsync off. I want the bigger LOD so I'll deal with it. It would be nice if another user could confirm that the game seems sped up at higher fps just so I can know that it's not my imagination. I'm using the version that turns the lod up to high and still getting a solid 60fps with vsync on. I have a 5800X and 3080 although I doubt my gpu matters much in this scenario.

• Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    That "World of Shadows" soundtrack on FULL MOON.

:shredder:

• incline incline x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Miner 2049er Scholar

Miner 2049er
    In the first big area, I discovered 4 points of interest where the party apparently gets a XP boost. Should I use those spots right away or save them for my mid game team ?

^ Top  
  19. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    use, unless your demons have no abilities left to learn. in that case go fuse/recruit new ones and go back to the xp spot.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    Also note it'll give exactly enough EXP to get to the next level. So if most of your team is say 50% to the next level, might be a good idea to save it.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    I don't know what to think. The exploration and combat are definitely there.

The rest however... I really don't like scouring deserts for hours and hours on end. I think it sucks. SMT is a game about progressively mapping out a series of creepy dungeons, with occasional, short romps onto an overworld map.

The music is not menacing or scary. I don't particularly like it.

It's a mixed bag so far.

^ Top  
  22. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^I was afraid of that. I'm sure that I will enjoy it either wat, but I had a feeling this would be a negative.

^ Top  
  23. Matador Arcane

Matador
    Yuzu is going smoothly for me.

Guys how I missed SMT music. Dungeon crawling is much better with these cool, beautiful and melancolic tunes.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Vorark Liturgist

Vorark
    Yuzu is unfortunately a no go here, it's either black screen or constant freezing with all cores stuck at 100%. Probably needs something better than a quad core.

Ryujinx on the other hand runs it with decent perfomance, fps hovering at 28~45 once vsync was turned off and resolution at 1x in docked mode. For all the talk about it being resource intensive, it fares much better on my aging PC; noticed the same with Metroid Dread.

Not much to comment on the game itself but the atmosphere in the ruins area, with ethereal-like music playing is top notch. Been waiting so long for a game like this, hopefully it won't disappoint.

[​IMG]

Heh, long time no see!:love:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Begone thot! Begone thot! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Silva Arcane

Silva
    Played a couple hours. The only thing I don't like is the protagonist visuals. Other than that, it's the exact Nocturne modernization I hoped for. A strange, moody and solitary experience, with a great combat to boot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.