Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Tigranes

Arcane
Welp, got to big story boss, dude gets in one regular attack against MC without any bonuses/maluses, and it's a 1HKO + reload. Good times.

Nuwa's standard Force attack vs level 20 MC. Might have to chuck 2k gold to get Force resist essence.

My god, OK, I am very glad that fight finished where it did.

Sentinel

Arcane
OD2Bs8N.jpeg

Sentinel

Arcane
Drake Hydra: A monster of Greek mythology. It takes the appearance of a giant snake with nine heads attached to its large body. Possessing an immortal life force, it immediately grew two new heads from its wounds.

Puukko

Arcane
Busted healbot.

:love:

In other news, each new area seems heavier than the last. I just went back to 1x res for the time being because being permamently in the 40s in the third area was a bit too low for my liking. I don't want to imagine this part on OG hardware...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Idun's unique heal ability makes me think that it might be worth keeping her as an end game demon and just buff her up with affinity boosters. It is supremely powerful.

Puukko

Arcane
Combining it with Bowl of Hygieia makes for stupid overheals on top of the luster candy.

This dumb retard fox from IVA is still tagging along too, though he's gonna get fused away soon. Probably my single most useful demon so far.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
When/how do the Super Sayan Mode Magatsuhi powers come online? I'm ~lv24 and just been using the base all-Crits one.

My understanding is you own X Talisman => your demon of X race can cast the special Magatsuhi, but you only learn what that is by setting it up and seeing what the demon has? Feels like I've collected like ten talismans so far. Are there fun ones to watch out for? Do the min/max stat ones make a huge difference?

Anonona

Learned
When/how do the Super Sayan Mode Magatsuhi powers come online? I'm ~lv24 and just been using the base all-Crits one.

My understanding is you own X Talisman => your demon of X race can cast the special Magatsuhi, but you only learn what that is by setting it up and seeing what the demon has? Feels like I've collected like ten talismans so far. Are there fun ones to watch out for? Do the min/max stat ones make a huge difference?

I found the Divine Talisman to be really useful. In fact it pretty much won me a boss fight I was sure to lose.

It allows you to recover MP for the whole party. With a Oni with Taunt and Fang breaker and a Kaya-no-Hime with Divine Harvest I was able to win by attrition alone thanks to the MP recovery allowing me to outlast the enemy

Some help you with other things, like fleeing without fail or giving you multiple chances when trying to make a demon join you. So far, all Critical is still the best one, but some of the others can be quite useful depending on your party set-up.

dacencora

I've followed the exact same line of answers with the same demon multiple times and it has always led to negotiation. I wonder if luck affects a demon's chances to flip you off at that point. They usually don't take "pick something else" for an answer more than once, except in some rare cases they do, or may immediately call off the negotiations if you tell them that.

At least I haven't had it happen to me yet where a demon roasts you for just saying yes to all their demands. Which game was that again... SJ? Raidou?

If i remember correctly that could happen also in Nocturne. The demon chick treated you as a loser provider and go away with all your resources.
I think it's been a staple for a while, usually Femme type demons will just "use" you for your Macca and Items. Happens in SMT4 a lot. Best part is when Redditors cry about not having Macca because they keep giving it away to demons.

Still overall favorite reaction from a demon when refusing their request is "Huh, you got guts."

dacencora

So are any of the DLCs worth buying? Can you not fuse Fiends without the Demi-Fiend DLC?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Kenjirou Tsuda plays the prime minister of Japan. That's reason enough to install the Japanese dlc

Tigranes

Arcane
Berith in my experience responds uniquely, getting pissed at any renegotiation - he seems to go for take it or leave it in terms of what he wants from you?

Motherfucker then said 3000 macca or he walks

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Does anyone know if it is possible to deactivate the automatic render scaling in Ryujinx? Or is that a "feature" of SMT5? The emulator/game seems to automatically lower the resolution in more performance heavy scenes and then locks it untill you close the emulator.

EvilWolf

Learned
Does anyone know if it is possible to deactivate the automatic render scaling in Ryujinx? Or is that a "feature" of SMT5? The emulator/game seems to automatically lower the resolution in more performance heavy scenes and then locks it untill you close the emulator.
It's most likely a mixture of both. The base game uses dynamic resolution and from your description your emulator doesnt like changing back to larger resolutions. There is a mod on gba temp, from masagrator, that's supposed to be more optimized.

Jinn

Arcane
https://www.rpgsite.net/news/11966-shin-megami-tensei-v-datamine-lists-pc-ps4-as-platforms

Shin Megami Tensei V datamine lists PC, PS4 as platforms
by Andrea Shearon on 15 November, 2021

Nintendo Switch may not be the only home for Shin Megami Tensei V in the future. In a new datamine, SMTV’s source code references PC and PS4 as target platforms.

The data comes from Pan-hime on Twitter, who shared a snippet of the code mentioning PS4, Switch, and Windows as target platforms⁠—obviously that Switch listing is all taken care of after SMTV’s launch last week. PS4 and PC are without any official confirmation from Atlus.

While this may not mean anything, at least not for a while, earlier GeForce Now leaks alleged that SMTV would launch for PC in February 2022. Nvidia responded to the first wave of leaks without dates and called them “speculative,” so it’s likely those timeframes are just placeholders. While the GeForce listings may include a lot of guesswork, some of them did wind up true like the God of War Steam release.

Ultimately, SMTV for PC doesn’t seem like too big a stretch. Back in 2017, Sega mentioned they would like to see more of their titles launch on PC. That venture with Atlus games has done well for them, too. Persona 4 Golden made its Steam debut in 2020 and reported over 1 million units sold a year later. Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne followed behind Golden this year, launching on PC, PS4, and Switch in May.

When asked about future plans following Persona’s success, Sega confirmed it would pursue PC plans for old and new titles. In an investor Q&A, translated by Persona Central, the company dropped a few details on those efforts.

"We will continue to actively promote porting previously released titles to Steam and new platforms. We are also negotiating with platform holders for new games in the future, and we’re considering ways to sell under favorable conditions for each title. Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind."

Hmmm, interesting. Pretty fabulously optimistic, huh guys?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I would've been more surprised if it remained a Switch exclusive. Sega just did a big thing about supporting PC more as they are finally awakening to all the money they can make on the platform. That's where all Japanese game dev is going toward.

Jinn

Arcane
I would've been more surprised if it remained a Switch exclusive. Sega just did a big thing about supporting PC more as they are finally awakening to all the money they can make on the platform. That's where all Japanese game dev is going toward.

I'm referencing myself affirming this very idea from a few pages ago, which was met with much disbelief.

Sentinel

Arcane
For the first time ever I experienced motion sickness while playing a game yesterday. The low FOV coupled with how much camera babysitting you have to do to find the glory midgets started making me dizzy.

I have never experienced this before. Can't wait for the PC version so I can put in acceptable FOV.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Help this is like fucking crack..

Also i just defeated Fin Mac CUMhail and Kumbhanda., Cironnup is completely MVP , if i could use him the rest of the game , i would. Little guy carried hard thought this two bosses.

So far , easily top 5 SMT to me , even if the story is kinda ass atm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom