Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can you find the original Kaneko design of this demon from SMT If...? I remember something about Doi's Amon not being very different from Kaneko's.

dVgTg0r.jpg

Is it this guy?
Wiki does not have a pic so I had to rely on Guguru

Sentinel

Arcane
Oh no, I found it. It was actually on that article linked above:
amon-png.png

Doi basically added an extra pair of arms for some reason and changed colours.

The first new demon revealed for Strange Journey Redux, Amon is not unrecognizable; he retains the serpentine body, owl head (though not the wolf's teeth), and wolf's legs (albeit in a vestigial fashion) of the original Dictionnaire Infernal print by Louis Le Breton. While those are all fine and good, what will ultimately win your eyes' attention is the pair of conspicuous, blood-red arms bursting out of his body in a manner similar to Satan's heads and textured with the same peculiar segmented musculature. In his design commentary, Doi coyly admits that the arms are a nod to Devilman's Amon, a creation of comic artist Go Nagai who otherwise has no relation to the Goetia’s Amon:

The main point of the design are the red hands. According to legend, Amon can offer his summoner knowledge about the past and the future and is known as an intellectual and erudite demon, so I thought I would be able to express this aura by adding those posing arms to an animal body. The design of his arms is based on Shin Megami Tensei if…’s (Akira route) homage to a certain work, but I’m not too sure how obvious it is (laughs). Nevertheless, respect for older works and imagination will always be important and the positive feedback received by this Amon makes me think this is a pretty good formula… [10]

amon_comp2.jpg

I think the worst this game could really be is for all and intents and purposes SMT3-2 that wallows in the nostalgia of that classic.

Dunno what would be wrong about that. It's already clear that SMT5 is Nocturne 2 and if that means: complex level design, no 'power of friendship' bullshit, war of various ideologies instead of generic law/neutral/chaos thing - that's fukkin fine.

Finally, a single game that will transform that miserable Wii-U-portable into beast.

Terra

Cipher
Running around Japan in your shorts in Nocturne didn't look great either to be fair.

Looks fuckin' great but I'm kinda embarassed by this tutorial-lish trailer- like it's being targeted to casuals.

If somenone do not know the difference between Agi and Maragi, Mabufu and Bufula, Garula and Magarudyne then he shouldn't even touch this geam.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Ok that UI is an absolute fucking disgrace. Looks like a phone game. The flowing hair is the gayest shit I've seen this year.

Lol @ that resolution and framerate. Definite skip unless there's a PC version.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Should've made her a girl to begin then. One of the worst MC designs I can think of in recent years.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It seems a rater bland and generic anime with gay neon oversaturated colors. Not impressed. At least it is still turn based and not an hack&slash or dance game. We will see...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We'll see if the Switch Pro is real. It seems that a few games would benefit from some extra power.

Last edited:

Brother Rat

Novice
Western devs shove chicks that look like dudes into every game. Nip devs shove dudes that look like chicks into every game. Why is this the state of the world?

Puukko

Arcane
Those heavily monocolor demons are definitely reminiscent of the early SMT designs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom