Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should I get Gat out of Hell?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm thinking about buying Gat out of Hell after the release but I am a bit hesitant.
On one hand I greatly enjoyed three previous SR's, on the other all of their DLCs were just shit. So does anyone know how expensive were SR3 and 4 on release? GooH 20$ and I just don't know if I should expect a second SR4 or just a bigger DLC. Also, are there any news indicating that Volition is now SJW-friendly company? On one hand in one interview they acknowledged FF criticism, on the other all of their games are as SJW-unfriednly as it gets. In fact I don't know how can they bitch about GTA series when SR lets you anally rape people for kicks.

Anthony Burch is a recruitable homie in SR4, no joke.

Yeah, but since he comes with a pack with his sister and father (ro was it grandfather?) it's obvious that it was about cashing on the audience of his sister's show and not endorsing this fucktard for being a great reviewer/writer/etc. I watched a few episodes of it and there he's just a guy whom Ashley humiliates and forces to cross-dress.

It is currently 0$ on torrent sites.

The point is to know how much was it on release to gauge how big will GooH be.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Do you like shit cashgrab mini-expansions? If so, knock yourself out. Bear in mind SR4 was planned to be an expansion for SR3 but Derp Silver wanted to milk it for full retail price since they acquired the IP from THQ.

Do you like shit cashgrab mini-expansions? If so, knock yourself out. Bear in mind SR4 was planned to be an expansion for SR3 but Derp Silver wanted to milk it for full retail price since they acquired the IP from THQ.

I don't. That's why I'm trying to determine if it's going to be another SR4 or a slightly longer Enter the Dominatrix crap

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
When a AAA publisher prices something at $20 it should give you a pretty big tip as to how much content to expect.

When a AAA publisher prices something at $20 it should give you a pretty big tip as to how much content to expect.

I'm not an American and usually buy games when they are cut to below 10$ so I really don't know, that's why I was asking how much was 4 at launch.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I don't. That's why I'm trying to determine if it's going to be another SR4 or a slightly longer Enter the Dominatrix crap
It's costed at 20 Euro, so it probably won't have the length of SR4, but I'm expecting at least some degree of open worldness.

Also, it's out? Steam says a week more, but maybe there's some release date shenanigans.

It's costed at 20 Euro, so it probably won't have the length of SR4, but I'm expecting at least some degree of open worldness.

Also, it's out? Steam says a week more, but maybe there's some release date shenanigans.

If it was out I'd just read a review or something.

If it's not going to be as long as 4th, I'll probably avoid buying it at full price.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If it was out I'd just read a review or something.

If it's not going to be as long as 4th, I'll probably avoid buying it at full price.
I'm pretty sure 4 was 40 euro at release. Of course, it is very hard to say how long the game will be.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not hard at all, I'll say ten hours tops. Probably closer to five.

deuxhero

Arcane
Is it any good though? I keep going back to the series for dress up (which isn't in GoH) and was pleasantly surprised at 4 when I got for on the free weekened and wonder if it would even be worth the 2 bucks complete it will be on the christmas sale.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, are there any news indicating that Volition is now SJW-friendly company? On one hand in one interview they acknowledged FF criticism, on the other all of their games are as SJW-unfriednly as it gets. In fact I don't know how can they bitch about GTA series when SR lets you anally rape people for kicks.

They've been on this path since Saints Row the Third. Tons of twitter-jerks who would normally be on her side disagreed with Sarkeesian's blanket condemnation of the Saint's Row series.

It's also resulted in improved writing. SR one's "clueless white nerds writing black gangsters" was garbage.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
No. Go to hell instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pqj8Be8kU

And then escape.

gXTfXCv.jpg

Then escape.

I can't believe people even consider to play some of this modern crap if they haven't exhausted the possibilities of the past.

They've been on this path since Saints Row the Third. Tons of twitter-jerks who would normally be on her side disagreed with Sarkeesian's blanket condemnation of the Saint's Row series.

It's also resulted in improved writing. SR one's "clueless white nerds writing black gangsters" was garbage.

Saint's Row the Third is one of the most SJW-unfriendly games out there.
-One of the opposing factions hire strippers as female goons and suited men as male goons
-A women character gets killed to show how evil/bad-ass a male villain is
-One of your best friends is a pimp
-There are female strippers hanging-out in your crib
-Every in game parties have strippers. Including the one where they want to kill you. Merging sex and violence is a big no-no to SJWs.
-"Bitch" is one of the most used insults there
-Shoundi gets to be a damsel in distress (again)
-You steal a cargo of human merchandise and instead of releasing the women you get to hire them yourself (or sell them back to their captors)
-Cultural appropriation of both Japanese and Mexican cultures
-Promoting "toxic masculinity" whatever that is.
-Using "being a pussy" as something negative
-Talking about "punching your enemies in their collective pussies"
-More revealing clothes for women than for men, including stripper outfits

Seriously, is there in anything these games that shouldn't piss off?

In other news I am retarded. I spent some time looking-through official sites looking for clues, only to now realize that every news worh mentioning should be on official forum. An lo-behold:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is about 6-8 hours of gameplay.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Saint's Row the Third is one of the most SJW-unfriendly games out there.
OTOH Kinzie and Viola were a step-up when it came to female characters and each PC voice had its own unique lines in places so playing as a female PC felt less like playing as a man in all but voice and appearance. 4 improved even moreso.

OTOH Kinzie and Viola were a step-up when it came to female characters and each PC voice had its own unique lines in places so playing as a female PC felt less like playing as a man in all but voice and appearance. 4 improved even moreso.

They were exactly the kind of characters that SJW like to complain about. One is a nerdy girl who's into BDSM (again violence + sex) other is a "hypersexualised" prostitution ring-leader. Actually I don't think that there are any positive characters in the game feminists wouldn't call hypersexualized.

Voices aren't really SJW related. Head over to the SR wiki and check some missions, there are not only different dialogue lines for women, in most cases there are different dialogue lines for all 6 voices.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One is a nerdy girl who's into BDSM (again violence + sex)

IME a lot of feminist women fucking love to get dominated. It's disconcerting.

Voices aren't really SJW related. Head over to the SR wiki and check some missions, there are not only different dialogue lines for women, in most cases there are different dialogue lines for all 6 voices.

It's an across-the-board improvement.

IME a lot of feminist women fucking love to get dominated. It's disconcerting.

Normal feminists - perhaps. SJW - no. Roguey, they are the people who say that plots about rescuing women from oppression promote rape/sexism, how can they support BDSM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom