Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Should the ignore feature be mutual?

• Thread starter Can't handle the bacon
  • Start date

Should the ignore feature be mutual?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

• I am Schizoid666 and I find this offensive

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is a retarded idea. We have people with literally hundreds of entries in their ignore list and if these people have ever created a thread in their life, half the forum would no longer be able to see that. Also, what kind of pussy do you have to be, if ignoring someone isn't enough? The user can never interact with you again, so why does it matter if he can read your posts? I am baffled that anyone would even come up with this idea.

Trithne

Erudite
Remove the ignore feature entirely and return GD to the Thunderdome it was always meant to be.

Or people could just stop being big girl's blouses about people they don't like.

Radiane

Cipher
Imagine if in real life, one would just try to ignore you, try to not look, speak, interact with you... That would be a true, 100 percent faggotry, childish, wymanish behaviour. The very same is true for the ignore function. I´ve always regarded ignore funtions this way, nothing more than such a ridicolous option, they only serve to show the world who is a faggot and who is not. Now, you can´t really compare real life with a stinking forum 100 percent, so there may be (and most probably are ) instances where it´s actually healthy to ignore someone in RL... heh... but in a fucking forum like this?? and overall??:roll:

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
No, not ignoring anyone on a forum, is like letting any schizo hobo, or deranged preacher on a street engage you, instead of just walking past them.
That said two way ignore is an overkill and makes it unusable for me. I used ignore to just mark posters, I usually considered reading/arguing with a waste of time and sanity, I wasn't really ignoring them completely.

Bring old ignore with "show ignored content" button back, also make ignore poster to not hide threads, just posts in them.
I personally never felt a need to block someone completely from engaging me and was occasionally responding to "ignored" posters.

I used "show ignored content" button often, but was more prone to go TLDR, or to not engage ignored posters.
Reading some ignored posters was also necessary, if they were part of a discussion and other posters were engaging them.
In practice I'd skip 1/3 of ignored posts, skim through, or TLDR 1/3 and read 1/3 of it, so it was more of a reminder to pay less attention and to not engage, not a hard ignore for me.
I also don't care if someone ignores me, but it doesn't mean that I want to loose access to their posts and discussion context.

Last edited:

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
No, not ignoring anyone on a forum, is like letting any schizo hobo, or deranged preacher on a street engage you, instead of just walking past them.
That said two way ignore is an overkill and makes it unusable for me. I used ignore to just mark posters, I usually considered reading/arguing with a waste of time and sanity, I wasn't really ignoring them completely.

Bring old ignore with "show ignored content" button back, also make ignore poster to not hide threads, just posts in them.
I personally never felt a need to block someone completely from engaging me and was occasionally responding to "ignored" posters.

I used "show ignored content" button often, but was more prone to go TLDR, or to not engage ignored posters.
Reading some ignored posters was also necessary, if they were part of a discussion and other posters were engaging them.
In practice I'd skip 1/3 of ignored posts, skim through, or TLDR 1/3 and read 1/3 of it, so it was more of a reminder to pay less attention and to not engage, not a hard ignore for me.
I also don't care if someone ignores me, but it doesn't mean that I want to loose access to their posts and discussion context.
just use your scroll bar lmao

Peachcurl

Cipher

just use your scroll bar lmao
Yeah, that's the equivalent of walking past deranged hobos. No need to wear blinds and earplugs while you "walk past" them.

SumDrunkGuy

I want my fucking thread making skills back. DU needs to learn to ignore my drunken requests. If I tell him I want banned and/or I don't want to be able to make threads, that means I'm fucked up and I don't actually want those things.

passerby

Arcane
Ok, there is an option to enable showing ignored content at the bottom of the ignore list, the only reason I've found out is because I've logged into a dormant account with an empty ignore list.

Make it default and move the option to the top of ignore list FFS and please no automatic mutual ignore, a terrible idea and show threads by ignored posters, hide only posts.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I want my fucking thread making skills back. DU needs to learn to ignore my drunken requests. If I tell him I want banned and/or I don't want to be able to make threads, that means I'm fucked up and I don't actually want those things.
Prove you aren't drunk by playing Star Stable. Make a video of you playing so I know it's real. Get a character up to the free limit. We've had some people fraudulent claim Star Stable playing in the past and we need to take measures these days.

Do this, and your thread creating privileges will be returned to you. Don't do this, and I'll put Crispy in charge of approving all your posts.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In before SDG gets addicted to Star Stable and tries to get a Star Stable Codex Guild up and running

Harthwain

Magister
Aweigh, Latro, and Thor I have no idea. These are people who are in the shoutbox sometimes but I don't know them. Probably got offended by comments I made about the President of Lebanon or something.
I saw some people appear consistently whenever I was checking ignore lists (Aweigh, Lutte, for example). It's somewhat funny, considering I never really saw them posting (or it was once or twice in literally years) and as a result I was all like "Who's this guy again?".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Aweigh is ignored because he ignores everyone else, leading to situations where he's pretty much talking to himself in Shoutbox. If you can't respond to him, why see his posts there at all? Thus the counter-ignore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom