Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Shoutbox gone?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Could we get some sort of popamole feature to toggle the shoutbox from showing up or not? If not is there any work-around to make it go away? I am not a fan.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I am scared of real life interaction with others even at a most basic level.

Which is why most of you use the thing, I'd imagine.

I, on the other hand, have no real use for watching friendless loser virgins reveling in their xenophobic bigotry and general loneliness while reading about games I'm interested in.

P.S. Oh yeah...

:troll:

Telengard

Arcane
I risked peering into the void of Front Page GD a couple of times. And this is what I saw:

Niggers!
Gays just want to be loved.
Fag!
fag.
Loser.
What is a game?
Niggeers! [sic]
It's all shit!
Slant eyes
Chik! [sic, probably. I think it was meant to be chink]
Hitler had the right idea
Niggers!
Why doesn't DU post here? Doesn't he love us? [a conversation that, I believe, was carried over into Site Feedback]
DA:O was good
Yes
Yes!
It was good for what it was
Yes

And with that last, the void won. I dared not look again.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am scared of real life interaction with others even at a most basic level.

Which is why most of you use the thing, I'd imagine.

I, on the other hand, have no real use for watching friendless loser virgins reveling in their xenophobic bigotry and general loneliness while reading about games I'm interested in.

P.S. Oh yeah...

:troll:

Cry moar fagget

If you were reading threads about games you wouldn't see the shoutbox.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
If you were reading threads about games you wouldn't see the shoutbox.

One sees it in-between such moments of solice for shoutbox is nothing but a leak in the pipes from the toilet of GD! If I want to sit on the GD toilet and stir shit up, that is my own nefariously dubious choice. But to have the slow and steady diarrhetic drip of GD landing so near everything else whilst minding one's own business...why it must be plugged I say, plugged!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Here's what's currently going on in Shoutbox:

Renegen Renegen: it plays itself way to often and the ui sucks
tuluse tuluse: galciv is the most by the numbers game I have ever played
tuluse tuluse: it's not exactly 4x, but star wars rebellion is a really cool space empire game
asfasdf asfasdf: galciv is meh
circ circ: OH ENRIQUEEE
circ circ: U HEARBREAKERRR
circ circ: every 4x game is better than sins of a solar empire
circ circ: altho i guess thats real time?
circ circ: if you dont mind real time and not having much to do, try stardrive
circ circ: too bad its pretty much abandoned
asfasdf asfasdf: tried that one
asfasdf asfasdf: ship component stuff is interesting

Games are discussed. So it's not that bad. You just have to know when to watch and when not to watch, just like with TV.

I risked peering into the void of Front Page GD a couple of times. And this is what I saw:

Niggers!
Gays just want to be loved.
Fag!
fag.
Loser.
What is a game?
Niggeers! [sic]
It's all shit!
Slant eyes
Chik! [sic, probably. I think it was meant to be chink]
Hitler had the right idea
Niggers!
Why doesn't DU post here? Doesn't he love us? [a conversation that, I believe, was carried over into Site Feedback]
DA:O was good
Yes
Yes!
It was good for what it was
Yes

And with that last, the void won. I dared not look again.
The last example is hyperbole surely? GD is not that depraved.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It is not very *prestigious* to have a gaping maw of chaos splattered across the holy forum, luring unsuspecting observers and pious CRPG pilgrims into the corrupting warp of General Discussion. It also makes the entire forums NSFW at those times when discussion rages on about massive dongz, untasteful rape, the amazing world of prolapses and "games" such as Dragon Age 2 and KOTOR. Making it possible to prune this evil entity from view (without being banned or banished to the watch, obviously) would be a nice addition.

(And if its absence would be deemed unaesthetic, one could always replace it with a Horikita Maki portrait)

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The shoutbox is the best feature of the Codex. Take it away and the people will definitely riot.

Xeon

Augur
In FireFox there was an extension that allowed you to hide things if you don't want them. Hide Element or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom