Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shut the fuck up!

• Thread starter overly excitable young man
  • Start date

Do you care?

• Total voters

Kainan

Learned
Sry i really can't tolerate biowarian* companions anymore.
I don't care about your curse.
I don't care about your missing grandma.
I don't care about your quest to change class from fighter to monk.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHKA!
Just kys and leave me alone!

Do you care? Why you faggot?

*= also encountered in obsidian games and other bg likes
You seem really emotionally shaken by these characters. How is that not gay as fuck?
Why dont you just solo the game if they bother you that much, or kill them which at least you could do back then.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
and BG was a massive step up from Goldpox.
BG, while being a decent game (I'm not in a mood to argue about that, so here's a compromise) is the one which brought decline to all of us. It established a formula: combat - loredump, ad infinitum, accent oh companions, while dumping reactivity, C&C, solid dialogue system and other staples of good RPGs. Looking at Mass Effect you can see the same formula at work: combat (now popamole instead of RTwP) and loredump (cutscenes instead of textboxes). Thus, Bioware should be disposed in a eternal fire along with other decliners, like Bethesda.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
and BG was a massive step up from Goldpox.
BG, while being a decent game (I'm not in a mood to argue about that, so here's a compromise) is the one which brought decline to all of us. It established a formula: combat - loredump, ad infinitum, accent oh companions, while dumping reactivity, C&C, solid dialogue system and other staples of good RPGs. Looking at Mass Effect you can see the same formula at work: combat (now popamole instead of RTwP) and loredump (cutscenes instead of textboxes). Thus, Bioware should be disposed in a eternal fire along with other decliners, like Bethesda.

You're talking about BG2, not BG. I was clearly talking about BG. Also, BG didn't "dump" reactivity anymore than Jagged Alliance 2 did. What a silly thing to say. I've posted several write-ups about BG's reactivity.

Also, not sure why you, and a few other newfags I've had no dealings with before, are constantly quoting, tagging me and talking about me. Are you lonely? You won't get any kind attention from me.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Also, not sure why you, and a few other newfags I've had no dealings with before, are constantly quoting, tagging me and talking about me. Are you lonely? You won't get any kind attention from me.
The fuck you talking about, woman? I addressed you maybe a dozen times - out of 600 posts. Curb your narcissism.

Also, welcome to internet.

Harthwain

Magister
Looking at Mass Effect you can see the same formula at work: combat (now popamole instead of RTwP) and loredump (cutscenes instead of textboxes).
Loredump was done in the form of Codex entries, not cutscenes.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Sry i really can't tolerate biowarian* companions anymore.
I don't care about your curse.
I don't care about your missing grandma.
I don't care about your quest to change class from fighter to monk.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHKA!
Just kys and leave me alone!

Do you care? Why you faggot?

*= also encountered in obsidian games and other bg likes
you gay

Maxie

People who argue for d&m* companion writing in western cRPGs are the same people who dismiss jRPGs as social life simulators, despite clearly yearning for one and the same, except with comically gruff middle-aged father figures instead of cute anime lolitae

*deep&mature, the go-to term of game writing enthusiasts who don't like books very much

overly excitable young man

I dont want stupid babbling companions at all anymore.
The most i can tolerate at this point are silent followers like Ian but full party creation is optimal.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It depends entirely on the quality of the writing, the characters, and the worldbuilding.

I would have happily played with Tiax from BG1 in my party and done a quest of his, but Jan Jansen in BG2 made me wanna CTRL-Y him. Who was brooding and dark in BG1? Nobody. Let's say who was the most serious, humourless, and a bit of a pain in the ass: Faldorn. But I would have had her in the party in a heartbeat over the quntari guy in Dragon Age.

I have to keep reminding myself that David Gaider wrote HK:47 and Korgan, but that fucking guy in DA...:argh::argh::argh: I played through his story on my first playthrough, but each time I passed him in the cage on a replay I was thinking: "I wish I could watch the crows devour your eyes. You infuriating, miserable, boring, perfect example of an asshole companion".

Vatnik Wumao
I have to keep reminding myself that David Gaider wrote HK:47 and Korgan, but that fucking guy in DA...:argh::argh::argh: I played through his story on my first playthrough, but each time I passed him in the cage on a replay I was thinking: "I wish I could watch the crows devour your eyes. You infuriating, miserable, boring, perfect example of an asshole companion".
Pleb taste. Sten was a true kadan.

overly excitable young man

You read it but i'm not sure you got it.
It's about the receiver of the message shutting the fuck up.
You are the receiver in this situation, yet you didn't shut up.
But why not?

Kainan

Learned
Only shitty because of RTwP.
Icewind Dale as ToEE mod would be amazing.

IWD has kind of fucked up dungeons and maps with a lot of back and forth. And kind of popamole with a bunch of goblins and skeletons. I like it but fuck i couldn finish it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wait.... so there are
Combatfags
Storyfags

what's left?
hoarding/management fags
Walking fags (for those walking simgames)

Can't you uh, kill off companions or NOT take them? There be a silent mod? I love to see how broke games are when they force companions on you.

Do they magically come alive or start talking? (Via programned cutscenes)
Does the game freeze?
Does it become an asshole and not allow progress.

Choooo-choooo-chooooo!

COMPANIONS ARE GREAT!!!
:hype:
chugga chugga choo choo.

Games might be cheaper with no voice actors. Romance make me think of the japs and old MSX computer VNs they'd peddle before getting a decent idea. Bloody pervy VNs.

Vatnik Wumao
Wait.... so there are
Combatfags
Storyfags

what's left?
hoarding/management fags
Walking fags (for those walking simgames)
Don't you forget the forumfags who complain about games which they've not played. Quite a few around these parts. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom