Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shut the fuck up!

• Thread starter overly excitable young man
  • Start date

Do you care?

• Total voters

thesecret1

Arcane
I hate how retarded almost all the companions always are. There's traditionally someone insanely annoying (bonus points if you can't decline him or he fills a vital role that no other companion can do), someone literally insane or at least severely deranged, a faggot, someone high and mighty yet also somehow incredibly lame... Just give me some normal fucking people as companions, not these archetypal caricatures.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
scooby-doo-gang.png

Semiurge

Cipher
I hate how retarded almost all the companions always are. There's traditionally someone insanely annoying (bonus points if you can't decline him or he fills a vital role that no other companion can do), someone literally insane or at least severely deranged, a faggot, someone high and mighty yet also somehow incredibly lame... Just give me some normal fucking people as companions, not these archetypal caricatures.

You just descibed DA:I. No wait, all DA games.

Reader

Scholar
bioware companions as PST, BGs, Pathfinder, DOSes and PoEs
You can't talk to companions on a whim in BG at all. You knew that, right?..
(and i wonder why even Lilura didn't point that out)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Well the first thing we must understand about narrative interactivity is that it comes through characters, as interaction is social in nature, and no social relationship can exist without the mediation of personalities (which present certain characteristics) ; but as we interact about interactions we come to the realisation that the narrative is relative to this forum and the posts therein - a new entity that acts as the substrate of a new kind of narrative in which we become the characters ; as such we cannot strictly differienciate ourselves from characters, and so the moment of tension, of drama (as they say) comes : are you or not a faggot ; you screech loudly to proclaim the contrary but I am not quite convinced

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are some good moments though. We get to blow up an elf in P:K. We get to partner up with a guy in Underrail simply because he's utterly bored, and he steals a robot, and then we fight a big monster made out of psionic sentient blades of cool black stuff. And then there's Calisca that died before Sawyer could make her live in Eora.

So, not all is lost.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are some good moments though. We get to blow up an elf in P:K. We get to partner up with a guy in Underrail simply because he's utterly bored, and he steals a robot, and then we fight a big monster made out of psionic sentient blades of cool black stuff. And then there's Calisca that died before Sawyer could make her live in Eora.

So, not all is lost.
Given the chance, I would have brought Calisca with me for the entire game. She was a cool pal.

Ash

Arcane
There's a simple solution: stop playing Bioware games. They got three strikes from me. First Bioware game I played? Extremely mediocre. Second? Mediocre. Third? Mediocre. Then I vowed never to play a Bioware game again. I've been quite satisfied playing actually good games instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom