Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shutting This Forum Down

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Real hell of a time to start meeting your deadlines, Cleve.

GinsengSamurai

Literate
This Cleveland Blakemore banned me from the game's Steam forum, because I asked about being a bit more creative with genders in the various races for the game. He called me a Marxist for trying wage ideological warfare. O_O I mean, I'm a MUDCRAB on RPGCodex!

Doesn't make any sense. Then he goes to my personal blog, that really has no traffic because it's meant to be a personal journal, and flame me for the right-wing nonsense he was spouting.

I would LOVE to talk about the game, because I thought it was actually a GOOD game I could buy one day and play, but this guy doesn't promote discussion of the game if it extremely remotely goes against his far-right-wing ideas. Wouldn't it be great if Cleve was actually a moderate with some sanity to him? Would love to talk to him intellectually about the game's mechanics, rather than outright call people all sorts of totally unrelated things, then ban them. My god.

Last edited:

GinsengSamurai

Literate
because I asked about being a bit more creative with genders in the various races for the game.

Human races only have two genders, can't really be creative there. Suppose you could do like 40k Orks for other species but wi human races you're stuck wi fact.

No no, not like that. Not multiple genders. In the Grimoire game, the developer made it so all females have flat-stat attributes 'lowered' than their male counterparts, regardless of their race and class. I was suggesting more creative ways to implement stats based on their race and classes. More like the following examples:

- Human Males have XYZ strong points over Human Females. Human Females have ABC strong points over men.
- Dwarven Males have XYZ power over Dwarven women. Vice versa.
- Drow Males can have XYZ abilities and Drow Females have ABC abilities.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Can't believe DU won't give Cleve his own
latest
so he can keep the other kids out.
Actually... Having Cleve's own subforum operated like Cartmanland's plot would be goddamn hilarious. Cleve gets to moderate his own subforum... But only at say 1 moderator action per N+5 posts in the subforum.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This Cleveland Blakemore banned me from the game's Steam forum, because I asked about being a bit more creative with genders in the various races for the game. He called me a Marxist for trying wage ideological warfare. O_O I mean, I'm a MUDCRAB on RPGCodex!
So i would guess you made a comment in similar fashion:

aldreier said:
May I suggest eliminating the gender difference? It's a little chauvanist, as it makes the idea of a party of all women ridiculous if one is trying to minmax. If there needs to be a noticable difference between the genders, why not have it be race specific and/or affect other stats aside from str and fel in other races? Maybe giant or aeorb females are bigger and stronger than males (as is the case in many species of animal and insect)? And maybe drow females get a boost to int and/or wis whereas drow males get a boost to str/con like in the D&D games? There are plenty of ways to do this that would lead to more diverse and strategic party creation without singling females out completely as someone you just use for barter and diplomacy then ditch when a better npc roles allong. (this conjures up the image of her waiting back at town cooking and cleaning waiting for her men to return, lol)

I'm aware that I will be under heavy fire for saying this but I would agree with what's quoted above. Differences between the sexes tend to differ between different races and could make for fun gameplay as well as be rooted in the game world lore. Look at the beastmen in Tyranny for example.

For humanoid races I would probably not have any sex differences in stats at all. As you point out, why would you ever have an all woman party in that case? For some reason I enjoy playing female chars in rpg:s, dunno why.

Having said that I still believe in Cleve.

GinsengSamurai

Literate
So i would guess you made a comment in similar fashion:

aldreier said:
May I suggest eliminating the gender difference? It's a little chauvanist, as it makes the idea of a party of all women ridiculous if one is trying to minmax. If there needs to be a noticable difference between the genders, why not have it be race specific and/or affect other stats aside from str and fel in other races? Maybe giant or aeorb females are bigger and stronger than males (as is the case in many species of animal and insect)? And maybe drow females get a boost to int and/or wis whereas drow males get a boost to str/con like in the D&D games? There are plenty of ways to do this that would lead to more diverse and strategic party creation without singling females out completely as someone you just use for barter and diplomacy then ditch when a better npc roles allong. (this conjures up the image of her waiting back at town cooking and cleaning waiting for her men to return, lol)

I'm aware that I will be under heavy fire for saying this but I would agree with what's quoted above. Differences between the sexes tend to differ between different races and could make for fun gameplay as well as be rooted in the game world lore. Look at the beastmen in Tyranny for example.

For humanoid races I would probably not have any sex differences in stats at all. As you point out, why would you ever have an all woman party in that case? For some reason I enjoy playing female chars in rpg:s, dunno why.

Having said that I still believe in Cleve.

Not nearly as aggressive. All I said in the news post he deleted and banned me for, was that he implement creative ways in implementing differences, instead of outright, Male = 100 strength and female = 95 strength. You know?

As for coming under heavy fire, not sure why anyone would flame you for that. It's not like anyone was trying to undermine the developer's design choices. Just suggestions.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This Cleveland Blakemore banned me from the game's Steam forum, because I asked about being a bit more creative with genders in the various races for the game.

Should also ask Cleve to be a bit more creative with sensory disability options. The Deaf Dumb & Blind Society have had enough of this "zero recognition" stance by the games industry.

GinsengSamurai

Literate
This Cleveland Blakemore banned me from the game's Steam forum, because I asked about being a bit more creative with genders in the various races for the game.

Should also ask Cleve to be a bit more creative with sensory disability options. The Deaf Dumb & Blind Society have had enough of this "zero recognition" stance by the games industry.

That's taking things out of context. The reason why gender was even brought up was because Cleveland's game actually has the gender flat-stat system implemented. No one would have brought it up, if it was wasn't already in the game.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

That's taking things out of context. The reason why gender was even brought up was because Cleveland's game actually has the gender flat-stat system implemented. No one would have brought it up, if it was wasn't already in the game.

I bet you do like blobbers. You're totallly convincing. You fit right in here. It's just that you also have these other concerns about gender and stuff. But totally legit. You just want to help me make it it a better game. I bet you do.

!stealthsjw.jpg

Kerchooo

Barely Literate
I dunno dude, you kinda said you're leaving this forum forever and now you're here again trying to get that attention you want so badly. At least stand by your words lol

I bet you do like blobbers. You're totallly convincing. You fit right in here. It's just that you also have these other concerns about gender and stuff. But totally legit. You just want to help me make it it a better game. I bet you do.

View attachment 10012
Controversal opinion but I agree with Cleve. Lil needs to stop sockpuppeting with this gender stuff.

GinsengSamurai

Literate

Not necessarily a better game. I enjoyed games like Eye of the Beholder and Darkside of Xeen back in the 1990's. So since I saw Grimoire about two years ago, I thought it would be a game I would be into. I think not that long ago, you even posted that you would put out discounts if it gets wishlisted enough, which I wishlisted at the time.

As for gender, I didn't complain about anything. I made a suggestion about male and female genders specific to class and race. You read it differently and then called me a Marxist, which of course, makes absolutely no sense because Karl Marx was against homosexuality.

Trans-Financial-Man said:
Controversal opinion but I agree with Cleve. Lil needs to stop sockpuppeting with this gender stuff.

I thought Chad J Thundercock and Cleveland Mark Blakemore are the same person, since their IP addresses are the same on my visitor list and elsewhere. I mean, they talk exactly the same way too.

Not sure why Crispy associate Lilura with me, sharing the same IP address apparently. If you go to Steam, I actually have an account there for the last 11 years. If Lilura has a steam account, you could also see that we are definitely two different people. ^_^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom