Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SIGIL - 5th episode of Doom by John Romero

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy. John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy. John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy.
John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy. John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy. John Romero's bitch will make you a dull boy.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Pre-order it already, you blithe fool.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Romero just made me his bitch. :negative:

TzGrk6O.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You can just do to them what they do to you. Will never understand the hang up people have for the heavy dude guys.

But let's ignore the rest of bestiary too. No Hell Knight, no Arachnotron, no Mancubus, no Revenant, no Arch Vile. POINTLESS.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You can just do to them what they do to you.

you can't spawn on faraway ledges or suddenly appear behind them when your monster closet opens as they pass by

But let's ignore the rest of bestiary too. No Hell Knight, no Arachnotron, no Mancubus, no Revenant, no Arch Vile. POINTLESS.

apart from arch vile, largely pointless

hexer

I must confess, I almost forgot about him but I still remember his Playboy bunny girlfriend KillCreek

Dayyālu

Arcane
apart from arch vile, largely pointless

Just imagine having such bad taste and parading it around

It rarely happens, but this time yer opinion is outright laughable

Doom2's bestiary adds quite the amount of depth for fighting

Chaingunners are a high-damage low-resistance hitscan enemy that requires fast extermination, the logical extension of the Shotgun dudes
Mancubuses are high-damage enemies with slow, damaging projectiles, rather satisfying to fight particularly in groups (hell, Dead Simple, their presentation, is an excellent example of it
Arachnotrons are high-tier foes that require good reflexes, plasma guns being high-damage but avoidable
Revenants are great by definition
Arch-viles, if not abused, give excellent tactical problems
Pain Elemental is tactically similar to the Arch-Vile being a enemy spam with adequate mobility

Maybe only the Hell Knights, being a palette swap, can be argued as pointless

SS is a great complementary weapon point-blank range to the basic role of the standard shotgun of mid-range clean-up method

FFS having to defend Doom2 in this day and age, what's next, Blood2 is a great game

EDIT: When I agree with Lyric Suite it's sure the sign of the End Times

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The Hell Knights are weaker than the Barons, probably introduced because people complained about the Barons being annoying bullet sponges in the first one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Chaingunners are a high-damage low-resistance hitscan enemy that requires fast extermination, the logical extension of the Shotgun dudes

They eliminate the Shotgunner's weakness: Range. Chaingunners can (and will) hit you from across the map. There's a reason the term "chaingun snipers" exists in Doom vernacular.

With that said, the Doom 1 monster line-up could use more variety than it has.

Venser

Erudite

Maybe I should try Doom 64. Thought it was just a shitty port that people loved because it's the only Doom they played.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They eliminate the Shotgunner's weakness: Range. Chaingunners can (and will) hit you from across the map. There's a reason the term "chaingun snipers" exists in Doom vernacular.

Yeah but you can easily snipe them back. Range doesn't matter, your hit scan is as good as theirs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Maybe I should try Doom 64. Thought it was just a shitty port that people loved because it's the only Doom they played.

Plutonia and TNT "not that good".

And that's where i shut down the video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom