Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Site looks bad enough to push away people

It's doing for me. I know, it's not a big loss, but damn, it's painful to try to read stuff now. Quite literally so. Horrible layout, horrible tiny font, everything changed for the worse. I never asked for this. Pretty sure no one ever did.

Frozen

Arcane
Its made for phones. Do you guys not have phones?

On my ultra-wide monitor its like a tinny narrow line in the middle.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Its made for phones. Do you guys not have phones?

Nice avatar, dude

Hp6RnDt.png

I TOLD you in another thread. I told you Taluntan IS planning something. Taking over RPGWatch, with the rumours he shares all data with Larian when BG3 leaves EA. Now this.

Remember, an UI change is a deception. To bring away the attention from something else behind.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Agree, it's terrible... Completely broken on mobile, with the broken header and menu occupying half the screen.

Also Tapatalk is fucked with this update

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I TOLD you in another thread. I told you Taluntan IS planning something. Taking over RPGWatch, with the rumours he shares all data with Larian when BG3 leaves EA. Now this.

Remember, an UI change is a deception. To bring away the attention from something else behind.

My guess it's gonna turn into a news aggregator site with a heavy push for ads. That is what all the space on the side is for.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's doing for me. I know, it's not a big loss, but damn, it's painful to try to read stuff now. Quite literally so. Horrible layout, horrible tiny font, everything changed for the worse. I never asked for this. Pretty sure no one ever did.
Ctrl + to increase the font size.

It looks like shit, who the fuck decided to change it? Was there a secret poll or something?
I don't want to go into politics but something that heavily tries to look like a democracy usually isn't. Be it a country or an RPG message board forum.

Just think of it: in some countries children can decide their gender and if the parent is against it based on the scientific truth (a child identity under a particular age is still shaping/unfinished, thus unable to decide for himself), the parent may be put to prison. In Western, "democratic" countries. There is a modern, aggressive communism everywhere

Alex

Arcane
I can understand that the site's code needed to be changed for various reasons (making it compatible with xenforo version whatever, handling database stuff better, or whatever). But was there any reason this couldn't be done while keeping the old look? I think that technically, if you kept the same name for html element classes and ids, the old css would work, no?

El Presidente

Arcane
Since morning I open up the Codex, then I think "oh, that's right. This happened." and close it. I don't like it. Why change? It was good. The checkered background was beautiful, the font was good, things worked, sometimes it was slower than usual but "being consistently faster" doesn't justify this change.

I really don't feel like learning how to use this new layout.

gruntar

Augur
That tiny blurry font on gray background feels like its designed to destroy eyesight. You cant get used to that, basic html site would be better. It takes amazing skill to get things done so wrong on so many levels, so gratz on that I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom