Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory Teaser Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Raw Fury; Scape-IT; SKALD: Against the Black Priory

There's not much going on during today's summer gaming festivities. However, upcoming Ultima-like SKALD: Against the Black Priory did make a brief appearance during this year's Guerrilla Collective event with a new teaser trailer. Narrated from the perspective of a doomsday cultist who doesn't think much of adventurers, the trailer showcases some of the game's latest new visual effects. Check it out:

There's no launch date for SKALD yet, but a new demo representative of the final game will be available this month, presumably for Steam Next Fest.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

not butthurt, just aware of a pozzed developer. Bandersnatch will clear things up I'm sure

Scandinavians are good at many things.... looting and pillaging for one. Making visual novel games like this? Meh.

As far as the other stuff is concerned, I better not say too much lest I get sent back to the stocks again by Infini. The dev has tried hard to cover his tracks since people got wind of his wokeness (notice his conspicuous absence from the Codex after years of obsequious wheedling here) but all you need to do is look back through the tweets he likes to understand his true nature.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
For those interested in the game rather than the politics of its creator: it is a good and fun Ultima clone. The graphics are not jarring, gameplay is fun, sounds are atmospheric. Well worth its price. Check out the thread we have about it for more info.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

not butthurt, just aware of a pozzed developer. Bandersnatch will clear things up I'm sure

Scandinavians are good at many things.... looting and pillaging for one. Making visual novel games like this? Meh.

As far as the other stuff is concerned, I better not say too much lest I get sent back to the stocks again by Infini. The dev has tried hard to cover his tracks since people got wind of his wokeness (notice his conspicuous absence from the Codex after years of obsequious wheedling here) but all you need to do is look back through the tweets he likes to understand his true nature.
Doesn't look like visual novel game to me. Looks like Ultima-like and those weren't ones.
As to wokeness, at least in this teaser i din'd see any. There is always a danger though.

Pixel nostalgia was over years ago.
So what? You are like a woman saying: "i won't wear this nice dress because it is not in fashion anymore". Who cares - other than the woman? What matters if it's pretty. For me, as far as pixel graphics go, it ok.

For those interested in the game rather than the politics of its creator: it is a good and fun Ultima clone. The graphics are not jarring, gameplay is fun, sounds are atmospheric. Well worth its price. Check out the thread we have about it for more info.
The issue as always - are not the "politics of the creator" - but rather if his ideology made it into his creation itself, and how strongly, and what exactly did.

Overall, i think that i missed or don't remember previous posts on this game. Call me moderately interested.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Doesn't look like visual novel game to me. Looks like Ultima-like and those weren't ones.
As to wokeness, at least in this teaser i din'd see any. There is always a danger though.

Pixel nostalgia was over years ago.
So what? You are like a woman saying: "i won't wear this nice dress because it is not in fashion anymore". Who cares - other than the woman? What matters if it's pretty. For me, as far as pixel graphics go, it ok.

The issue as always - are not the "politics of the creator" - but rather if his ideology made it into his creation itself, and how strongly, and what exactly did.

Overall, i think that i missed or don't remember previous posts on this game. Call me moderately interested.

Bander in a blue dress.....
FVSYh6y.jpg

n5MSGLM.gif

Band.gif

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Needs gold brofists. And more
uzaCzOm.jpg

And
we need a brothel with rockin chick boucing to the beat of the meat.
Z74w2bB.gif

I just want to see it finished and judge the game on its contents.

nlfortier

Esturia Games
Developer
Who cares what the dev's politics are. I've played good games from folks with all sorts of different political beliefs and this game looks great.

Joyvankek

Learned
Who cares what the dev's politics are. I've played good games from folks with all sorts of different political beliefs and this game looks great.
I do. It's warning sign when you see people from certain ideology developing the game you're interested in. If you spot them then you have 90% chance that the game will be shit.
Instead of story, you will have their narrative pushed down you throat, game will be broken because people like them can't code.
Same goes for animation department:
4bc.png

Before 2011 you could have good games, no matter what ideology devs were subscribed to, they could focus on making a good game instead of making vessels for their propaganda. These times are long gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom