Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skill Checks

PrettyDeadman

Currently playing it and enjoying quite a lot, but it's not exactly what I expected.

I had an impressions that there are a lot of various skill checks in the game, but so far I don't really see that. The only skill check which is quite frequent is picklocks, but the kind of chests I can get with 28 tinkering mostly contain trash loot. I also think I wasnt able to advance a single level of tinkering via picking locks, I had to use xp and 1 training.
As far as speech checks go - I am not sure I've seen a single speech check. The only use for stealth I've found is avoiding enemy encounters.
Music is mostly used to get once ~30 gold coins (the same amount of money you get from a random encounter bandit).
Is pickpocket worth it? Is it better than music than it comes to making money? Is there important loot to take?

PrettyDeadman

I am also thinking about starting to write a guide. At least that way I wont have to go and start new game every time I want to check what skill thresholds are and what stat bonuses do they give.

It would be nice to compile locations of trainers and recruitable npcs too.
So far taking noncombat skills seems like a waste (not counting healing magic).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom