Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyblivion - Oblivion in Skyrim

DraQ

Arcane
Somehow it looks even more awful (and banal) than the original. Apart from bloom and faces, that is - can't beat that.

They want to make failblivion remake mod? They should try and make it the way it should have been in the first place first (and actually try to benefit from improved assets as well).

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
All these people working on shitty remakes, and all I want is people to finish fucking OpenMW and have Tamriel Rebuilt completed.

ortucis

Prophet
Despite my history with Oblivion, I am kinda curious to see what these guys do with the port.

Face-lift is always exciting, for better or for worse.

ortucis

Prophet
Despite my history with Oblivion, I am kinda curious to see what these guys do with the port.

Face-lift is always exciting, for better or for worse.
It looks more like face-drop, actually.
Apart from the actual faces that is.

Yeah but I think they're just starting out since they are looking for artists.. though I'm not sure why porting a game would require experienced artists.

Though making a jump to Skyrim from Oblivion isn't really a big step, some artists manage to do amazing thing with shit engines.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
All the excitement of Oblivion's innovative setting combined with Skyrim's even more degraded game-engine for twice the decline! :M

ortucis

Prophet
Found another video:

Blinding. Not sure what's with the tree pop-ups. They must be porting trees without LOD (or less LOD states). Also, not really any visual improvement. Are they actually trying to keep the quality same as Oblivion and not improve it a bit? Can't tell.

I still like the music though.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Found another video:

Why does everything look so bright? It looks like when you come out of the swimming pool after a few hours of swimming around and getting bleachy water in your eyes.

Is this was Skyrim looked like? How awful.

ortucis

Prophet
Found another video:

Why does everything look so bright? It looks like when you come out of the swimming pool after a few hours of swimming around and getting bleachy water in your eyes.

Is this was Skyrim looked like? How awful.

I think it's the overdone bloom by the modders. The lighting in everything they've shown is completely shite, to be honest.

Funny thing though, Oblivion originally had overdone bloom (+HDR) too, Skyrim doesn't. So while Bethesda learned, modders didn't.

Can't forget such great moments:
25-25-andthen.png

bS8gNMc.jpg

The whole point of remaking something in a "better" engine is to improve the visual quality and gameplay experience. If you're going to keep visuals shit, then what's the point? They don't even have to add better texture mods, what they have to do is to work on improving lighting and loading to make it better for most people.

Last edited:

pippin

Why do modders always choose to revamp old games of similar type in new engines? Why not port BG2 into Skyrim huh?! Or port Vampire the Masquerade into Fallout 4?! Sad. We could be playing Skygate: the Throne of Deus Ex, instead it's the same shite again.

It's probably the same crowd who asks for remakes of games released less than 10 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom