Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyblivion - Oblivion in Skyrim

The Walking Ways are six interrelated paths to achieving divinity, or "mantling", of which CHIM is the fifth. All paths seem to require some understanding of the Hamster wheel, the structure of the Aurbis. According to Vivec, the first to understand the concept was Lorkhan, whose curiosity and desire for change drove him to the rim of the Wheel and beyond, where he looked back at the Aurbis sideways and thereby learned the name of God: I (as a hamster wheel, observed from the side, is an "I").

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Walking Ways are six interrelated paths to achieving divinity, or "mantling", of which CHIM is the fifth. All paths seem to require some understanding of the Hamster wheel, the structure of the Aurbis. According to Vivec, the first to understand the concept was Lorkhan, whose curiosity and desire for change drove him to the rim of the Wheel and beyond, where he looked back at the Aurbis sideways and thereby learned the name of God: I (as a hamster wheel, observed from the side, is an "I").
Nah, hamster wheel from the side is an 'H'.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Skyrim + Oblivion? 1 engine can only handle so much decline.

deama

Prophet
I think the colours look a bit too dull, more saturation!

Also, more bloom would be nice too.

PorkBarrellGuy

64babd876e.png

Mustawd

Aren't these ppl gonna run into the same issues as FO3 remake in FO4?

i.e. Legal issues with audio files.

Dux

Arcane
I think that only pertains to well-known cameo voice actors, like the magnetic Sean Bean and Liam "Mr. Prozac" Neeson, as well as some real-life music.

The ordinary stable of peasant voice actors probably wouldn't count in such an affair. Although that is the sort of thing a modder really should look into before diving headfirst into this kind of uncalled for autism. But they don't seem too keen on such logic so who knows.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
My totally "expert" legal opinion is that if Skyblivion requires a working Oblivion installation (in other words, proof of Oblivion purchase), they should be fine to reuse voice assets. But nobody really wants to go to court with Zenimax for something so stupid, so they just avoid the issue entirely with new voice acting.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's pretty interesting how Fallout 76 and Starfield are the only reason Skyblivion and Skywind are still alive. The lack of a TES VI is a blessing for them. But that game will likely be out within 5 years, so the clock is ticking.

They can release it with a bang, or with a whimper. I mean, who will care about Skywind when a mod to play Skyrim in TES VI has already been started?

ironmask

Arbiter
They really improved the landscaping. Doesn't matter though, you can make the game look as pretty as you want but it will never fix Oblivion's shit writing.

DeepOcean

Arcane
My totally "expert" legal opinion is that if Skyblivion requires a working Oblivion installation (in other words, proof of Oblivion purchase), they should be fine to reuse voice assets. But nobody really wants to go to court with Zenimax for something so stupid, so they just avoid the issue entirely with new voice acting.
Voice actor unions don't allow for that, even if Bethesda allowed, there is a class based agreement prohibiting the re-use of voice on other projects without compensation.

Everybody's shitting on Skyoblivion, meanwhile i'm patiently waiting to expand my 'Sexlab Milk Mod'-financed, sexslave-built, real-estate empire to Cyrodil.

DraQ

Arcane
Also, why the fuck would anyone want to reuse OB VOs?
Or anything else for that matter.

About the only salvageable part of the base game was the soundtrack. Not great, but ok.

I wouldn't mind someone remaking the game in Skyrim's or even Oblibian's own engine (with extensively modded assets, mechanics and renderer settings) - except in an inclined manner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom