Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyblivion - Oblivion in Skyrim

Quillon

Arcane
They'll release remake of the 2006 game made in 2011 tech in 2030? :P ...if they actually finish it

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pay 10% more attention in that video than they want you to and you'll discover all they've done is port the overworld over, wasted a ton of time creating new assets because that's the "fun" part for them, and have done bupkiss on porting over actual quests and gameplay. They're also begging for help.

Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone who seriously cared about "porting" Oblivion to a better engine would be working on Oblivion support for OpenMW. Some of it is already implemented. It would also be the first step towards OpenFO3 and OpenFNV
This is just modfaggotry circlejerking

Yosharian

Arcane
Pay 10% more attention in that video than they want you to and you'll discover all they've done is port the overworld over, wasted a ton of time creating new assets because that's the "fun" part for them, and have done bupkiss on porting over actual quests and gameplay. They're also begging for help.
Yeah I kind of despair when people create just the world in these projects and then create videos like they've achieved anything. Just imagine all the work that has to be done to create all the quests and then bugfix them.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Oblivion as game is suck, but as meme material it endless.

Skyblivion will never capture the the same feeling as Oblivion.

Borian

There's still nothing funnier in games than Oblivion bodies jiggling in doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Oblivion was made for Wilburger alone to wield.

Funposter

Arcane
in oblivion i can at least cast a spell while wielding sword+shield or a two-hander. why the FUCK would i want to play oblivion's awful quests with skyrim's inferior combat?

Semiurge

Cipher
in oblivion i can at least cast a spell while wielding sword+shield or a two-hander. why the FUCK would i want to play oblivion's awful quests with skyrim's inferior combat?

In Skyrim you can't swing weapons or cast underwater, but Skyblivion fixed that.

Blake00

Learned
I've been following this project along with Skywind for years.. brilliant work (especially in the Skywind one).. but you get the feeling by the time they finish there will already be another Elder Scrolls out lol, if they finish!

In fact didn't that happen with the Morrowind mod for Oblivion? (think it was called Morroblivion) By the time the thing was reasonably playable/complete everyone was already off playing Skyrim and they started the Skywind project lol.

I noticed these guys were covered on gamespot recently which was cool. Sad that the main guy behind it got death threats though. People heavily invested in your fan project is great, complete psychos heavily invested in your fan project not so much lol.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Sad that the main guy behind it got death threats though. People heavily invested in your fan project is great, complete psychos heavily invested in your fan project not so much lol.
:what:

:lol::lol::lol:

Azdul

Magister
Anyone who seriously cared about "porting" Oblivion to a better engine would be working on Oblivion support for OpenMW. Some of it is already implemented. It would also be the first step towards OpenFO3 and OpenFNV
There is exactly one feature from Oblivion / New Vegas / FO3 (that I know of) in master branch of OpenMW, and that's handling compressed BSA files implemented by me. OpenMW do not plan to support other Bethesda games, and it is recommended to create your own fork if you want to implement other FO3, New Vegas or Oblivion features before OpenMW 1.0 release. A lot of great work:

was done on this older fork, but the code diverged from master branch years ago, and is heavily dependent on Ogre3D, while current OpenMW uses OpenSceneGraph.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Oblivion in Skyrim like Kanye singing Nsync.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom