Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyblivion - Oblivion in Skyrim

Blake00

Learned
Sad that the main guy behind it got death threats though.

For what, a re-model of some weapon didn't have the exact number of polygons they wanted, or did they expect him to work faster under threat?

Probably the latter lol, some wacko obviously thought the key to their future life happiness revolved around these modders finishing their project in a timely fashion and didn't take the disappointment of reality too well lol. It got worse.. as the guy didn't just threaten Kyle's (the main guy behind Skyblivion) life but he also start going on about Kyle's recently deceased girlfriend too. Real scum of the earth stuff. Kyle quit the project months ago because of it all (plus some other bad stuff covered in the gamespot video) and only recently returned.

Funposter

Arcane
In fact didn't that happen with the Morrowind mod for Oblivion? (think it was called Morroblivion) By the time the thing was reasonably playable/complete everyone was already off playing Skyrim and they started the Skywind project lol.

I'm pretty sure that Morroblivion was mostly playable well before Skyrim was released, but a lot of that is to do with some of the assets being straight ports from Morrowind and looking totally horrendous. The overall effort put into the project was much lower.

deama

Prophet
Let me guess "we did not include athletics or acrobatics because we feel it is not appropriate to the game. Love you todd xxx"

Harthwain

Magister
I am way more interested in Skywind than Skyblivion, because Skywind is based on Morrowind, which looks and feels like a different world/culture, whereas Oblivion is too generic to interest me. I mean, what's the point of creating a different world if it's NOT going to be unique?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems that the Oblivion fanbase was infiltrated by pro-Trump incels as well. Don't see what else can explain the cis-human xenophobic portrayal of goblins as a backwards and bloodthirsty troglodytes in 2021.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They just need to fix level scaling, make world interesting and rewrite the entire main quest, almost all side quests and dialogs and this just might become playable.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I don't believe in all these ambitious Elder Scrolls mods.
As events progressed, Andoran and MorOblivion were created as portfolios for their developers. We were lied to that these should be game projects.
Look at the GTA community. They don't really create portfolios, but game add-ons. They updated the graphics for the legendary Vice City and San Andreas (after all, San Andreas is the best GTA, it's like Daggerfall in the Elder Scrolls franchise), they created hundreds of mods that really offer a new game.
Hell, even the Elder Scrolls community has mods like this. Enderal and that mod about the island (forgot its name).

All Oblivion needs to update is a color change and some combat tweaks.

This, skywind, and underrail infusion are the only games I'm looking forward too. I'd say skywind visually looks better, but I definitely prefer oblivion to morrowind in terms of setting and quests. They're making undeniable real progress. Can't fucking wait.

purupuru

Learned
I never thought Oblivion's main quest was that bad, I'd say it's solid "meh" tier. The only part that stood out as Oblivion-ish stupid was when Ocato congratulates you on becoming the Champion of Cyrodiil immediately after Martin sacrificed himself. It's like, "Yeah, I know Martin died and all but DO YOU KNOW you'll get a full set of IMPERIAL DRAGON ARMOR? HOW COOL IS THAT!"

Codex Year of the Donut
I never thought Oblivion's main quest was that bad, I'd say it's solid "meh" tier. The only part that stood out as Oblivion-ish stupid was when Ocato congratulates you on becoming the Champion of Cyrodiil immediately after Martin sacrificed himself. It's like, "Yeah, I know Martin died and all but DO YOU KNOW you'll get a full set of IMPERIAL DRAGON ARMOR? HOW COOL IS THAT!"
Ocato is the main character of Arena :M

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Stupidest part for me was the last battle where you spent multiple quests to get allegiance of every city to gather an army for last stand and in the end the army is like 5 dudes, luckily the massive invasion force was no bigger.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I am way more interested in Skywind than Skyblivion, because Skywind is based on Morrowind, which looks and feels like a different world/culture, whereas Oblivion is too generic to interest me. I mean, what's the point of creating a different world if it's NOT going to be unique?
Sheogorath DLC is unique enough though.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sheogorath DLC is unique enough though.

Cyrodil in ESO looks unique and cool enough though, also the Vanderfell is cool, quests there are also above what Oblivion and Skyrim had to offer Comrade. It also feels and looks more Roman like although somehow the province is not lush jungle there neither.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom