Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak spoila

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Heresiarch, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Wait, I'm confused. Are we talking "mythological perspective" in terms of - literally - the Dunmer perspective on their mythology?

^ Top  
  2. pocahaunted Arcane

pocahaunted
    What about the inane Dark Brotherhood questline?

Show Spoiler
    Getting rid of the emperor changes absolutely nothing, I actually enlisted in the legion after killing the poor guy. Pretty fucking retarded.

Even the dudes I had been fighting previously, those occulati or whatever, simply ignored my presence henceforth

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Yes but killing *REDACTED* sounds EPIC d00d.

^ Top  
  4. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    so, did they use a unique NPC for the Emperor or just reused some generic Nord NPC like they did with Pelagius III?

^ Top  
  5. Stereotypical Villain Arcane

Stereotypical Villain
    He looked like that one Greybeard guy.

... although they did use a separate voice actor for the Emperor instead of the same old boring "imperial" voice. A mod will probably come along that changes the phrase he says to "You are the one from my dreams" before he dies.

^ Top  
  6. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    (SPOILERS)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Titus_Mede_II

I'm assuming it't the same guy from the shitty book.

^ Top  
  7. Edwin Scholar

Edwin
    "If the Emperor is killed before the conclusion of the Legion's questline, Jarl Elisif will not be able to be named High Queen of Skyrim. "

Thats just great,I murdered the old fag like 5 hours into the game

^ Top  
  8. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    The problem comes the Dunmer mythology is still Altmeri based and even if Boethiah changed things and later the Tribunal its still rooted on Altmeri belief.

The point I tried to make is there is no reason to why the Nevarine have to be Dunmer, in fact the game does pushes it for the Nevarine to be a outlander (outsider).

^ Top  
  9. Tel Prydain Augur

Tel Prydain
    I just finished the Reunification.
    Pretty anticlimactic.

^ Top  
  10. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    I finished the Legion quests and took Windhelm pretty early on, then did the main quest, and eventually did the orphanage quest & wiped out the bruddahud. At no point did I see anything happen relating to Elisif being made the new Queenie. If you talk to her about the subject of High Queen, she just uses the same line about how it might happen once the war's over. :M

^ Top  
  11. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    told ya.

^ Top  
  12. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    yeah is that a bug? its the same for me, no one cares the war is over.

:x

^ Top  
  13. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    No bug, just Bethesda being Black Isle Bethesda. I think one of the Solitude guards might have mentioned that the war had ended, then they all went back to asking me if I'd heard about a dragon attack in Kynesgrove (after killing Alduin).

^ Top  
  14. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    ...and that's why the thread is aptly titled "30 hrs down the drain" and not "30 hrs of quality time", I guess. :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  15. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    And of course, everyone asks the guy who personally cut down Ulfric Stormcloak if he's going to join the Stormcloaks soon.

^ Top  
  16. I didn't kill the Emperor until I finished every other major questline in the game (Main quest, Imperial Legion, all the cities etc), and I couldn't talk to Elisif about her becoming High Queen because she thought the war was still on. Like everyone else is saying, Bethesda didn't put in any consequences to your actions.

Remember in Morrowind how after you killed Dagoth Ur everyone called you Nerevarine and commented on how the Blight was gone and Red Mountain was all calm again? None of that in Skyrim.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    They did fix the tree in Whiterun though, that was pretty cool :lol:

^ Top  
  18. The most annoying thing is all is those effing dragons are still flying about even though Alduin is dead. I can understand leaving the dragon lairs in so people can get enough souls for all the shouts, but honestly, couldn't they have written into the code that when you get past a certain quota of souls, dragons stop appearing?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    People prolly want to grind Dragons for all 100 shouts or something. But yeah, once you get to a certain level and/or MQ point, you're getting attacked by a dragon pretty much every time you leave a cave. It's incredibly annoying. I would go so far as to say that they're worse than Cliff Racers at this point.

^ Top  
  20. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yup and the mod to turn them off doen't work... I'll have to finish MQ in speed run to get rid of them. :retarded:

Atleast Thalmor agents started to hunt me... nice touch, Another mile, another dead Elf. :smug:

^ Top  
  21. Gord Arcane

Gord
    I was attacked by a bunch of thugs carrying a note from Olfina Gray-Mane saying that they should give me a good kicking.

No idea what I did to her either, after all I had even agreed to find Thorald Gray-Mane, who should be related too her.

Maybe she thought I was taking too long...

I get the assassins, too, by the way.

^ Top  
  22. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Actually I finished the MQ ages ago and they're more prolific than ever. :smug:

^ Top  
  23. attackfighter Magister

attackfighter
    supposedly the assassins are sent after you by shop owners you have stolen from

^ Top  
  24. TrustNo1 Scholar

TrustNo1
    Dunmer PCs in Morrowind would still be an outlander. I even think there is a line about your dialect giving you away as one.

I hate how Morrowind forces you to be an Imperial spy to begin the mainquest. Fucks with my larping.

^ Top  
  25. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    the basic mythology yeah, but their beliefs are not at all similar to those of the aldmer, which is the reason they left. and the temple teachings (most likely), especially those of vehk vehk MC (most definitely) are very different.

though we sadly have not much indepth knowelege about aldmer/altmer culture and religion. besides knowing that most of them dream about a world were time is a garbled mess and some of them practice racial hygiene
    true. one of the prophecies even speaks of a "dragon"(empire) born outlander.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.