Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak spoila

Luzur

Good Sir
Ed123 said:
Edwin said:
Ed123 said:
Luzur said:
so, did they use a unique NPC for the Emperor or just reused some generic Nord NPC like they did with Pelagius III?

(SPOILERS)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Titus_Mede_II

I'm assuming it't the same guy from the shitty book.

"If the Emperor is killed before the conclusion of the Legion's questline, Jarl Elisif will not be able to be named High Queen of Skyrim. "

Thats just great,I murdered the old fag like 5 hours into the game

I finished the Legion quests and took Windhelm pretty early on, then did the main quest, and eventually did the orphanage quest & wiped out the bruddahud. At no point did I see anything happen relating to Elisif being made the new Queenie. If you talk to her about the subject of High Queen, she just uses the same line about how it might happen once the war's over. :M

yeah is that a bug? its the same for me, no one cares the war is over.

:x

Deleted member 7219

I didn't kill the Emperor until I finished every other major questline in the game (Main quest, Imperial Legion, all the cities etc), and I couldn't talk to Elisif about her becoming High Queen because she thought the war was still on. Like everyone else is saying, Bethesda didn't put in any consequences to your actions.

Remember in Morrowind how after you killed Dagoth Ur everyone called you Nerevarine and commented on how the Blight was gone and Red Mountain was all calm again? None of that in Skyrim.

Deleted member 7219

The most annoying thing is all is those effing dragons are still flying about even though Alduin is dead. I can understand leaving the dragon lairs in so people can get enough souls for all the shouts, but honestly, couldn't they have written into the code that when you get past a certain quota of souls, dragons stop appearing?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ed123 said:
People prolly want to grind Dragons for all 100 shouts or something. But yeah, once you get to a certain level and/or MQ point, you're getting attacked by a dragon pretty much every time you leave a cave. It's incredibly annoying. I would go so far as to say that they're worse than Cliff Racers at this point.

Yup and the mod to turn them off doen't work... I'll have to finish MQ in speed run to get rid of them. :retarded:

Atleast Thalmor agents started to hunt me... nice touch, Another mile, another dead Elf. :smug:

Gord

Arcane
I was attacked by a bunch of thugs carrying a note from Olfina Gray-Mane saying that they should give me a good kicking.

No idea what I did to her either, after all I had even agreed to find Thorald Gray-Mane, who should be related too her.

Maybe she thought I was taking too long...

I get the assassins, too, by the way.

TrustNo1

Scholar
Drakron said:
The point I tried to make is there is no reason to why the Nevarine have to be Dunmer, in fact the game does pushes it for the Nevarine to be a outlander (outsider).

Dunmer PCs in Morrowind would still be an outlander. I even think there is a line about your dialect giving you away as one.

I hate how Morrowind forces you to be an Imperial spy to begin the mainquest. Fucks with my larping.

The Wizard

Educated
Drakron said:
The problem comes the Dunmer mythology is still Altmeri based and even if Boethiah changed things and later the Tribunal its still rooted on Altmeri belief.
the basic mythology yeah, but their beliefs are not at all similar to those of the aldmer, which is the reason they left. and the temple teachings (most likely), especially those of vehk vehk MC (most definitely) are very different.

though we sadly have not much indepth knowelege about aldmer/altmer culture and religion. besides knowing that most of them dream about a world were time is a garbled mess and some of them practice racial hygiene
The point I tried to make is there is no reason to why the Nevarine have to be Dunmer, in fact the game does pushes it for the Nevarine to be a outlander (outsider).
true. one of the prophecies even speaks of a "dragon"(empire) born outlander.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hmmmm I think I've found choice 4: I'm going to torrent Batman: Arkham City and enjoy some good goddamn batman action.

What the f....

Now that I have uninstalled Skyrimjob because I've had enough of its shitness, I'm 1 hour and 30 minutes away from completing my Arkham City download. Is this a side effect of Skyrimjobitis?

DraQ

Arcane
Call me an racist conservative fascist misogynist, but from a mythological perspective I found a non-male Dunmer Nerevarine a jarring concept, even just to play as.
That depends on how much sense of irony does Azura have and how much does she want Dunmer to feel the burn, even regardless of whether the Nerevarine is an actual reincarnation of Nerevar or anyone at all.

Still, they could have added some more adversity if you're from a particularly disrespected race.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That depends on how much sense of irony does Azura have and how much does she want Dunmer to feel the burn, even regardless of whether the Nerevarine is an actual reincarnation of Nerevar or anyone at all.

Still, they could have added some more adversity if you're from a particularly disrespected race.

Nevevar was charismatic and persuasive individual judging from History (Hortator and/or first King of Resdyan able to befriend even King of Dwarfs) and Moon and Star ring bonuses but you can always try to play as Argonian or Kajit Neverarine with low Cha and enroll him/her/it into all Imperial guilds for more Dark Elf butthurt. :smug:

DraQ

Arcane

Nevevar was charismatic and persuasive individual judging from History (Hortator and/or first King of Resdyan able to befriend even King of Dwarfs) and Moon and Star ring bonuses but you can always try to play as Argonian or Kajit Neverarine with low Cha and enroll him/her/it into all Imperial guilds for more Dark Elf butthurt. :smug:
If only the game tracked butthurt in addition to disposition...
:smug:

Commissar Draco

Patron

Another thing missing from Skyrim.... :decline:

DraQ

Arcane

Another thing missing from Skyrim.... :decline:
Is it truly missing or just moved out of sight?
I figure the game does need some way of measuring it to determine the NPC reactions.

Anyway, I might finally cave-in and buy Skyrim ( :decline: ).
I'm still butthurt about the way it butchered good part of the mechanics and magic system, but I'm actually having fun playing it, and I appreciate a lot of diverse stuff put into the world, including dynamic things like characters wandering about and actually interacting with the world and seemingly random events.

In comparison, Oblivious caused me constant mental anguish when I attempted playing it.

The only curious side effect of Skyrim is that it makes me want to play Morrowind again.

Grathanich

Novice
I have 367 hours and still not finished the MQ or the civil war quest :( Modding loves misery

Perkel

Arcane
360h here mostly in Requiem and never got past first dragon battle.

"Oh hey ! I need you to find what is wrong with watchtower"
"Ok"
=Goes to watchtower, kills a dragon with guards=
"A Dragon ? Holy hell it's apocalypse i need you to take care of them IT IS IMPORTANT !"
" Wait what the fuck ? I started game like 10 minutes ago"

Now with requiem i can just hunt wolves and shit. Much more simple way of rpg.

Poor sad idiots thinking there's actually a difference to which side you choose beside what color armor and skin your allies have. I went with the stormfront trolls because it felt thematically better, but in the end anyone who has strong opinions on the civil war conflict in Skyrim needs to get their heads checked. The dossier is pretty much the great equalizer, since the rest of the world and game has already stated the empire is a "puppet" of the Thalmor. The text is supposed to cement the Thalmor as mustache twirling evil geniuses that are supposedly using everyone , this isn't New Vegas gais, don't kid yourself.

Luzur

Good Sir
Funny how you can marry that bitch from the Companions that complains the entire time about you being accepted.

It would just be like any general IRL relationship.

Also, you can marry women but you cant make babies of your own but have to adopt other peoples children? weak Bethesda, just weak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom