Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim: A hidden gem?

Ocelot

Learned
So I just got around to play this game and it's completely mind-blowing. It's versatility and depth is immense because everything develops organically, from your stats and skill builds to the world itself. The story is unique and flows like water. You can turn the game into a sandbox and role-play as pretty much anything. Mods are abundant and the graphics are still good enough for 2018 standards. And it has dragon bosses on top of everything else.

Frankly, I believe Codex is just too old, senile and declining in general to hate a game as good as Skyrim. It's a game that even surpassed Oblivion, the former Magnum Opus of Bethesda. Bethesda stopped developed single-player RPGs when they saw how good Skyrim was because they knew there was no reason to every make another action/RPG after that success. It's all downhill from here.

mbv123

Arbiter
I disagree, Fallout 3 is Magnum Opus of Bethesda.
Skyrim is a close second though. I love going through dungeouns killing dozens of Draugr with badass shouts. I feel like such a badass Dragonborn. (Which is exactly what Skyrim is all about)
Also the conflict between Stormcloaks and Imperials is so dense and deep that it puts WW1 to shame in terms of complexity

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
My first instinct was rage, pitchforks, burning bags of shit on your front doorstep.

Then I looked at the calendar. Carry on!

LordofSyn

Scholar
My first instinct was rage, pitchforks, burning bags of shit on your front doorstep.

Then I looked at the calendar. Carry on!
Well played. You had me at pitchforks.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

DraQ

Arcane
Skyrim is actually surprisingly (everything before release suggested it somehow took a nosedive through the rock bottom the series was already embedded in by Oblivion) non-bad. It's a bit meh in vanilla state but just fun enough to play and at least an earnest enough effort to make a proper TES game (if not necessarily a full-blooded RPG) rather than an affront to both TES and gaming in general Oblivion was.

With semi-light sprinkling of the right mods it becomes genuinely great.

Half assed trolling effort, :1/5:, would not rage.

Mortmal

Arcane
30 pages minimum!

zCzcI.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom