Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim for Switch is just the same old rehashed stuff… but can’t help loving it

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got it yesterday as a gift from the wife and man… it is mindless but oh so much fun and satisfying

The Switch version looks better than I expected in handheld and other than the disastrous UI plays pretty much perfectly, if you could add a few easy of life mods like the unofficial patches it could be better but in any case guess the 10 years have given me perspective on the game.

It doesn’t have to be hardcore or deep it is simply simple fun and I cannot help myself loving it nowadays
I can always fire up my beloved New Vegas on my PC or any other “hardcore” games like Age of Decadence (which would be amazing to have on Switch btw) and I know it was fashionable to pick on Skyrim… but maybe old age has mellowed me out by damn is it fun to play as handheld

gruntar

Augur
07c.jpg

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Skyrim is the best fantasy crpg ever made. Doesn't matter on what platform you play it, whether it is your ancient windows xp core2 duo desktop or your smartwatch, it is always an exciting experience. Fuck the haters
Now now let’s not get carried away… it is good brainless fun but best game pf all time… yeah nope

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
God, it kills me I know this bartender chick who makes me happy but she's got a kid with this soylent motherfucker. I want her to ditch the kid and the faggot dad, but he'd probably come after us in Mexico and I'd have to kill his deadass, and then who would take care of their kid? Maybe this is kind of what wife's boyfriends think, but I wouldn't dick another man's wife anyway. Its disgusting my dick is renting the same pussy as this other dude, its like our dicks are living together, which makes everything gay.

Falksi

Arcane
A short while back I picked up the beyond dull Fallout 4 for £1 on PS4, and gave it another play for a laugh. Same as before, I enjoyed the first few opening hours and then when it got to the actual game it was boring as fuck. A proper 3/10 game. So I saw Skyrim SE for PS4 in the same shop pretty cheap too, so for a laugh I've gone and done the same and bought that as I'm currently changing PCs and the old one is in bits at the moment, limiting me to console play for a short while.

As someone who firmly had Skyrim down as "shit" after my first playthrough (I enjoyed the first 20-ish hours, but then it became....again...really fucking dull) I'm actually somewhat enjoying it more this time. I still wouldn't say it was great, but before I'd have rated it a 4/10 whilst his time round it's been a 6/10 even 7/10 experience at times....so far.

Obviously there's the fact that the SE edition has more content and tweaks to it than the vanilla version which I played years ago. This alone knocks it up a notch or two. But I think the key thing which is helping this time though is that I'm playing it as an action game when it comes to time allocation, instead of an RPG.

Usually I play 1 RPG and then dib into arcade style games to break that RPG up along the way. Here though, I'm just using Skyrim as the arcade-time filler, and instead of expecting an RPG experience I'm just popping it on "for a blast" 20-60 min each day. Now I wouldn't say that makes it a great game anywhere near the brilliance of Morrowind or Daggerfall, but it's certainly way more enjoyable than Fallout 4 this time round.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Needed a cross-save function for PC.

DoS2 + The Witcher 3 + Atom Rpg were great that you could carry around a 275g Switch Lite basically wherever you went and then get home and continue the game on Mouse + Keyboard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom