Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Skyrim is getting The Most Definitive Re-re-re-release once again at 11.11.2021

Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/e...us4UC/skyrim-10th-anniversary-fan-celebration

Whip out your cocks wallets for the umpteenth of time and into the breach my friends, into the breach once more.

"Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition.". Todd, you're too good for us.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Its all a part of a grand ritual, every new generation Todd must gather new batch of fresh gamer blood money so one day when the stars align he will finally be able to finish his magnum opus.
Redguard 2

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I actually thought this was a meme when I first saw it, like the fridge that can play Skyrim.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If Bethesda would go the extra mile and "port" it to the Fallout 4/76 engine generation, it would actually be a decent game for current gen. FO76 can look quiet nice considering what they had to work with, and Skyrim's world has enough mountains to hide the performance issues.

But since Bethesda's strategy is "invest no money so we earn more", it will not even be worth picking it up after it fell off a truck. Sad.

Codex Year of the Donut
If Bethesda would go the extra mile and "port" it to the Fallout 4/76 engine generation, it would actually be a decent game for current gen. FO76 can look quiet nice considering what they had to work with, and Skyrim's world has enough mountains to hide the performance issues.

But since Bethesda's strategy is "invest no money so we earn more", it will not even be worth picking it up after it fell of a truck. Sad.
creation engine used for SE is newer than the one used for FO4

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm glad that based Todd refuses to remake his games and just re-releases them with minor adjustments. First you re-make Skyrim with prettier graphics, and then what? Morrowind remake with map markers?

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
creation engine used for SE is newer than the one used for FO4
But not visually, no.
I meant It does not use the upgraded humanoid models from FO4/76, so everyone still looks like a low poly wood carving. Nor does it use the lighting FO76 has, where picturesque sunlight peeking through distracts you from those toddugly trees.

Consoletards are easily distracted by shiny. It was the whole design focus of Lolblivion. Either the Toddler has lost his touch or Microsoft really really needs some revenue back rite nao. :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
and what's then? Morrowind remake with map markers?
I got my Morrowind fix from ESO. Twas good enough to give me massive nostalgia of the good and bad things Morrowind had to offer. :obviously:

Good thing is, you couldn't just low cost remake the original. Simply because it requires far too much dialog and, *gasp*, reading to understand.
And if I learned one thing from dipping my feet into FO76 and ESO, seeing Todd's customer base: they are simple creatures. Mark something and they will run there and shoot it. The "all I have is a hammer" type.
But if the event/quest involves more that is not clearly marked, they will just run around like headless chickens, wildly shooting objects or go afk and look for a guide. Because they always skip dialog.

I am convinced that even WITH quest markers the most asked question still would be: "where in Balmorra is Caius Cosades?" :hahano:

Caim

Arcane
I'm glad that based Todd refuses to remake his games and just re-releases them with minor adjustments. First you re-make Skyrim with prettier graphics, and what's then? Morrowind remake with map markers?
No, Skyrim with even prettier graphics.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's not just the reading that is required from the player that is an issue, it is also the reading that is required from the developers that would be in charge of remaking the game, and they are just as deficient in that area as gamers are

This is without mentioning the fact that the entire time Pete Hines would be screaming at them to make everything simple enough so that he can play it

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Great, now I have a vision in my mind, where Todd runs everything through the "Hines Test" during early development.
Sitting him in front of an XbawX and asking: "Do. You. Grasp. This?"
:pete:
"Oh well, back to drawing board then guys. Less words, more markers, something awsome every 5mins tops."

Inconceivable

Learned
The first time I read this, I honestly thought it was a joke. But it was not the time for April's fools yet, so it must have been some other strange occasion...?
But it's the real deal. They are selling us Skyrim again. What in the flying fuck!?

If this is going to include some subtle engine changes, yet again fragmenting the SKSE/modding communities even further, I'm going to throw up.

Inconceivable

Learned
But seriously, fucking Bethesda, that can't even have the people who already own the game double and thrice over have a small freebie? We are going to have to buy an update? Greedy fucking bastards, seriously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom