Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Skyrim is getting The Most Definitive Re-re-re-release once again at 11.11.2021

Caim

Arcane
So do those 20 bucks also break all of your mods on top of getting all the Kreation Klub Kontent?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
So do those 20 bucks also break all of your mods on top of getting all the Kreation Klub Kontent?
even better, your mods will be broken even without paying 20 bucks

unless you download it now and turn off updates that is

double tapping buttons,

When Unreal (1998) came out with double-tapping for jumping sideways, it was a good move in the right direction. Earlier FPSs also had the feature, probably some of the Build Engine games, Blood, Shadow Warrior or maybe Redneck Rampage. They also had buttons for 180° turns.

"F" to interact instead of "E", as if the coder had never played a PC game before.

"E"* has been my go-to button for Jump for the last 25+ years with FPS games and "F" either Interact or Item Use.

Got nothing to say on the rest.

*: "E" or whatever correspondts to the key immediately to the right of Move Forward with any given configuration.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
When Unreal (1998) came out with double-tapping for jumping sideways, it was a good move in the right direction. Earlier FPSs also had the feature, probably some of the Build Engine games, Blood, Shadow Warrior or maybe Redneck Rampage. They also had buttons for 180° turns.
I am not opposed to holding or doubletapping per se, as long as it feels natural instead of a clutch for having limited buttons available or having no experience with PC control schemes. So DT for evade gets a pass, much better than some awkward ALT-direction combo. I was referring to stuff like doubletapping the key used to bring up the (on PC useless) consoletard weaponwheel to holster a weapon, instead of, just holding the reload button.
Or mapping 1 and 3 to move back and forth between menu points or cameras.
All that makes CP77 look like some lackluster port. Heh, so much in this game actually reminded me of Saints Row 2, my all time "worst port ever" example.
Disappearing NPCS when you turn your head? Check.
Most cars almost uncontrollable? Check. GTA has shown how to do it right years ago.
Actually, SR2 had at least a walk button. In CP77 you always have to blitz around like an ADS kid on sugar rush. :hahano:

Reminds me, can you actually drag and drop inventory items? Bethesda managed to dumb me down so much already I didn't even bother to try. Sad.

ferratilis

Magister
Get your wallets ready.
qe8obkm11byz.jpg

ADL

Prophet

ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH FOUR FREE CREATIONS
10 years of Skyrim is a big occasion, so we’re giving away not one, but four creations away to owners of Skyrim Special Edition, adding additional quests to uncover, gear to equip and yes, fish to catch:
Saints & Seducers: Originally released in 2019, this creation introduces an additional storyline across two quests (complete with side quests) for players to delve into. With additional armor sets, weapons, enemies and much more to discover, Saints & Seducers features some of the largest amounts of content we’ve ever packed into a single creation!
Rare Curios: Included as part of Saints & Seducers, the Rare Curios creation brings additional goods imported from all over Tamriel to Skyrim’s Khajiit Caravans. So long as you have coin, these merchants can supply you with all sorts of useful wares, including ingredients to concoct special potions, arrows and poisons!
Survival Mode: Looking to immerse yourself in Skyrim’s untamed wilderness like never before? Previously released in 2017, the Survival Mode creation has your Dragonborn contend with the very elements of Skyrim itself to survive! Players must wear warm gear and seek shelter in cold climates to keep from freezing to death, as well as mind their hunger and exhaustion on top of the usual threats like pesky bandits and ambushing dragons. Thankfully, Skyrim is rich in food to harvest (or scavenge), weather-appropriate armor and even taverns to rest your weary head. If you’re looking for a different way to experience Skyrim, we highly recommend you check Survival Mode out!
Fishing: On the topic of obtaining your own food, Skyrim’s all-new Fishing mode creation lets you angle over 20 unique aquatic species across the area’s many bodies of water. Cook your catch for a meal, display it as trophy in your den or even keep it inside your own home aquarium – the choice is yours! With many of Skyrim’s fishing spots located in the region’s most breathtaking and tranquil spots, there’s nothing like unwinding on the shores as you tackle (pun intended) the questlines in this upcoming free creation.

“I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this round of creations,” says Daniel Lee, Senior Artist and Creation Club development lead at Bethesda Games Studios. “I've wanted fishing in Skyrim ever since the beginning and now it is finally here. We've worked hard on this program and it has been a true labor of love; there are more than a few surprises tucked away and I can't wait for everyone to find them."
Is any of the paid creation club content worth the twenty bucks? I might pick it up for ten when they unbrick the script extender.

It's live. RIP SKSE64

Looks like Bethesda gave an SKSE64 developer an early build and they have a preliminary SKSE64 build available. I'll give it a spin tomorrow. If anyone else tries it let us know how stable it is.
https://old.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qrepbn/pc_sse_skse64_210_preliminary_release/

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane
SKSE might have a prelim build but every mod relying on it needs to be updated and none of the utilities (Papyrus etc.) are functioning from what I can tell, so it will take a little bit before even simple things are working again.

Oracscube

Formerly known as Oracsbox
Patron
Before.... Old Skyrim

skyrim1-vorher-pc-games.jpg

After..... Skyrim Anniversary Next-Gen Upgrade on the new consoles

skyrim1-vorher-pc-games.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Other than achieving 60fps which it already did with fps boost.

I was wondering why Bethesda hadn't released a video showing a Next-Gen upgrade comparison, it's because they couldn't.

Let's read some comments under assorted YouTube vids..

There’s no difference. I play on xsx and there is absolutely no difference. It’s fucked.
:D

It’s back to being buggy. Kill animations stalling out and having screen tearing on Series X.

Been playing for a couple hours, I did not notice any difference

Me neither..nor me

the graphics haven't changed at all

It's literally identical. Todd is laughing so damn hard right now...yes he is

I though the graphics update was free but that looks like basic skyrim lmao

anniversary edition/upgrade is a scam

Microsoft/Bethesda: we need to cash quick
Todd: just release Skyrim again, and call it something different, the sheep will buy..yes

I dont see a diffrence..bad spelling

anniversary edition/upgrade is a scam.

It's supposed to have visual enchantments......

Where is the next gen Upgrade in graphics?...

The so called graphics upgrade is s@#$

At least the horse armour is back

Also...

Old bugs are the new, new

Comments..

"T pose" optimal pose for traveling trough air as it is minimal air resistance for body while traveling in high velocity. Pioneers used this method to travel for miles as shown in this historically accurate game.

It's not a bug, he's just dodging too fast for the human eye to see: it's the Ultra Instinct mod

Good to see Bethesda sticking to tradition

He’s asserting his dominance

pickmeister

Learned
All of it was obvious and none of it is surprising.
What morons buy this? Do they enjoy donating all of their shekels to scumbags and being nothing but corporate paypigs?

It's moments like these that make me think "You know what? Perhaps people do need insidious overlords controlling their minds. Fuck them, they deserve it.".

Caim

Arcane
All of it was obvious and none of it is surprising.
What morons buy this? Do they enjoy donating all of their shekels to scumbags and being nothing but corporate paypigs?

It's moments like these that make me think "You know what? Perhaps people do need insidious overlords controlling their minds. Fuck them, they deserve it.".
This version of the game actively breaks the mods you have installed if you upgrade it. You're paying to make your experience worse, which I haven't seen since Endless Space 2.

Drowed

Arcane
So apart from the four "big" MODs (Saints & Seducers, Rare Curios, Survival Mode and Fishing - much wow, big mods, many bucks), essentially, what's different in the end? Some new generic enemies and some extra weapons and armour? Is that it? Oh, and new bugs, of course, but at this point I believe this is universally accepted as a game feature.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Just wanna say, that I've been one of those who missed it completely. Due to the fact I've started to play Skyrim just very very recently again. Modded for a year or so. Anyway. I've managed to successfully downgrade using the following pages. Using the "old" SKSE build 2.0.20 (Skyrim runtime 1.5.97)

1. I've not much of mods (40 or so). Notable mods - Ordinator, Unleveled, CGO, Better Archery, ARSO... etc... all seem to work properly so far.
2. Made the file appmanifest_489830 in SteamApps read only.
3. Chose to "Don't update my game until I start it" option in Steam. Bcs SKSE means you don't start it from the Steam.

Info on the downgrade
https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14578?BH=3

Downgrade patch (works for some, doesn't work for others)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=posts&BH=0

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
“Purchase if mentally challenged” would fit better.
I've just used your quote as my Skyrim SE-AE review. I'll issue all the thumbs dividendum towards your account here, you have my word.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom