Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Skyrim is getting The Most Definitive Re-re-re-release once again at 11.11.2021

ADL

Prophet
Rhetorical question but are they really counting a helmet, chest piece, greaves, boots and gloves as five separate pieces of "Creation Club content"?
Because I checked the creation club today and there sure as hell ain't 500+ entries on the creation club.

There's some talk that there's some performance increases and scripts loading so fast it's breaking mods under the old system.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Rhetorical question but are they really counting a helmet, chest piece, greaves, boots and gloves as five separate pieces of "Creation Club content"?
Because I checked the creation club today and there sure as hell ain't 500+ entries on the creation club.
I theorized about this earlier and I already suspected that they were counting because they phrased it as:

Todd Howard said:
We’re also excited to announce the most definitive version of Skyrim to date: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition. The Anniversary Edition includes Skyrim Special Edition and 74 creations, all 48 currently available and 26 to be released. These showcase over 500+ individual elements such as quests, items, armor, houses, etc.

Note the use of the word "these" in the last sentence. This would imply that the combined six dozen+ creations have a total of 500+ individual elements, not just the ones already out. But do you know what the absolute goddamn kicker is?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Horse_Armor_-_Elven
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Horse_Armor_-_Steel

Motherfucking horse armor. They're selling you horse armor again, in the exact same fucking styles that fifteen years ago laid the groundwork for the whole DLC clusterfuck we're in today. And not only that, they cost 250 Kreation Klub Kredits each, and the cheapest bundle you can buy is 750 for eight freedombucks/seven deutschmarks/six goodboy points.

And Todd just keeps getting away with it.

dacencora

So it's been a while since I last played Skyrim. Is there anything worthwhile in the CC? The trailer I watched showed some Morrowind stuff and that looked pretty cool, but is it worth getting?

Caim

Arcane
So it's been a while since I last played Skyrim. Is there anything worthwhile in the CC? The trailer I watched showed some Morrowind stuff and that looked pretty cool, but is it worth getting?
The ones most worth it (Saints and Seducers, Rare Curios) are for free with the Anniversary Edition, so if you want to get that first of all don't, second quite a bit of the stuff might actually be from the Dragonborn DLC. Also of note is the necromancy spellbooks one:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Necromancer_Grimorie

Not because of the content, but the name. They misspelled Grimoire, and instead it reads Grimorie.

Todd 0, Cleve 1.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly speaking, I would not mind them continuing with some form of Skyrim's development, but they quite obviously can't really commit to that. As of this moment I see Skyrim as a modding platform first and foremost. There are a couple of games like that – Neverwinter Nights or Warcraft III come to my mind, but there are others of course – games which were worth it for modding possibilities they provided. Skyrim is a good example and if they would only stick with expanding upon these possibilities it would be good. They however can’t really expand the game further, mainly due to the localisation issues (they would need to make content in all the original languages and, preferably, with original voice actors, and that’s not going to happen). Best they can do is paying Takahashi some more money to make them strangely narrated (through notes and books), half-aborted quest mods.

dacencora

Honestly speaking, I would not mind them continuing with some form of Skyrim's development, but they quite obviously can't really commit to that. As of this moment I see Skyrim as a modding platform first and foremost. There are a couple of games like that – Neverwinter Nights or Warcraft III come to my mind, but there are others of course – games which were worth it for modding possibilities they provided. Skyrim is a good example and if they would only stick with expanding upon these possibilities it would be good. They however can’t really expand the game further, mainly due to the localisation issues (they would need to make content in all the original languages and, preferably, with original voice actors, and that’s not going to happen). Best they can do is paying Takahashi some more money to make them strangely narrated (through notes and books), half-aborted quest mods.
Why not devote that time and money into TES VI, though?

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why not devote that time and money into TES VI, though?
Because that would require some, you know, actual work. And who wants that?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Old bugs are the new, new

Comments..

"T pose" optimal pose for traveling trough air as it is minimal air resistance for body while traveling in high velocity. Pioneers used this method to travel for miles as shown in this historically accurate game.

soulburner

Cipher
So...

- is there a list of mods which work and don't with the new rererelease? Has SkyUI been updated?

- how to activate the added premium content? - edit: seems to be integrated

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

3njnl6nm7b311.png

At least you aren't knocked out by 47 letters from your long-lost relatives, dropping on your head the second you leave Helgen anymore. I... tested some of those creations a year ago or so.

The biggest offender by far with those "creations" is that they have this repugnantly artificial aroma of being hamfisted like a third-rate mod, despite being advertised as "seamless". Sure, the assets are - they are high-quality and, above all, perfectly fit this special "fuzzy" Skyrim aesthetic/art direction, something 99% of mods struggle with. But it doesn't matter when it's immediately hamstrung by bullshit like dropping 5 artifacts in a single room.

They are also all handled by letters, out-of-place very urgent notices in front of innkeepers, or spliced dialogue like "take a look at this bounty letter', in a way that just reeks of laziness, and even new npcs just have empty dialogue lists with generic barks like "What do you need?" coming from a questgiver.

The icing on a cake is this:

Capture.png

Capture.png

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Tons of cool stuff added with the Anniversary Edition. I added a few graphics mod and a few big expansion quest packs I haven't played yet and am planning a Legendary Difficulty Survival Mode run. Heh. Excited! :)

Survival mode is another "fantastic" thing that I've checked out a couple of years ago, because it looks lit and "professional", with UI changes adding new cold status bars etc.

Too bad that it's
- obnoxious, getting a huge stat penalty every 15min you get "peckish", with no way to adjust it. Also you eat every couple of steps, but there's bizarrely no hydration system included
- it literally breaks the game, because you momentarily freeze to death in freezing areas, and this "creation" doesn't account for long-ass mandatory expositiions with Paarthurnax on the Throat of the World. With conversations and everything else following an in-game time of course. You literally need to have another mod to fix an official plugin :lol:

It's not like it's new or anything. One of the most atrocious game design we all know is starting the Tribunal in Morrowind GOTY "as curated by developers". You get pestered in your sleep by Dark Brotherhood assassins who will literally obliterate you on your lvl 1-2 (and you're on your own because the guards don't care). Unless you somehow beat them by savescummning, and then you're set for life because their phat loot buys out 2 merchants' stock at once. And they keep spawning in en masse, until you turn the quest in Ebonheart, which is a big deal because you organically won't be there for at least a couple of hours more.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
This entire fucking concept is something that would have been a shitty joke ten or fifteen years ago, the setup being a clueless con artist pitching a great idea to some investors, and the punchline being him getting tossed out the window when he tries to pitch it again a week later.

Because that was the axiom in sales for years. You never sell the same thing twice. Can't sell the same house twice, the same movie, so on and so forth. Y'know out of curiosity I looked up the specific phrase, "you can't sell the same thing twice," because I'm not hallucinating, I've taken business courses, this is shit they'd teach people, and the last recorded result on my search engine is from 2014. Y'know, right around when movie studios kicked into high gear with shitty reboots.

What a shitty fucking ecosystem of ideas we've trapped ourselves in

mkultra

Augur
survival mode in most games is just stupid, you can tell these people have no idea how the human body works and that they're fat fucks. You can go without food for many months or even a year (at least if you are said fat fuck), just make sure salt/mineral balance is kept. Not eating is also not slowing you down since burning your fat reserve is actually a better (more efficient) energy source than eating food.

Caim

Arcane
survival mode in most games is just stupid, you can tell these people have no idea how the human body works and that they're fat fucks. You can go without food for many months or even a year (at least if you are said fat fuck), just make sure salt/mineral balance is kept. Not eating is also not slowing you down since burning your fat reserve is actually a better (more efficient) energy source than eating food.
It'd be funny if such a survival game seemingly lets you survive on certain kinds of food only for you to slowly have your stats decrease more and more, and once you die the game informs you about rabbit starvation.

Ravielsk

Magister
Survival mode was always a iffy proposition for Skyrim because in game a day lasts only around 1 hour of real time. So there is never really any good configuration for it that would not be broken. Either you make it irrelevant by asking the player to eat only every 8-12 hours in realtime( so you let the player survive a whole week without a drop of food or water) or you turn it into a dumb annoyance by doing the same but in "Skyrim hours" thus making the player stop every few steps to eat some shit. The only viable solution to this would be to change the length of the ingame day into something more reasonable and work from there.

But something tells me that was never an option in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom