Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Skyrim is getting The Most Definitive Re-re-re-release once again at 11.11.2021

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
It's pretty fucking hard to get that in real life.
On the other hand, try to not eat for one day, going about your usual business, then go to the gym and see how much you lift for how long. Like, I'm not saying one wouldn't last a month, even a civilized softie, just that there would be a distinct difference in combat, acrobatics, outrunning things, carrying stuff around, climbing, swimming etc. efficiency. And this is what games are mostly about.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
1 more year and requiem might be out https://requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/...0+Anniversary+Edition+is+here+where+s+Requiem
Hi guys and gals,

as the Skyrim Anniversary Version has been released by now, I’m certain you all want to know when Requiem will finally be available on Skyrim Special Edition (SSE). As we haven’t managed to release Requiem well in advance of the Anniversary Edition, we concluded that it would be more appropriate to wait until the Anniversary Edition (AE) and its companion update to the base game are out and then analyze these changes first, instead of publishing a version that might be broken soon after its release. I’m sorry for not communicating this earlier to you; professional life has kept me very busy since our CEO change. (I should mention here that most of the changes I’ve seen so far are positive, so I’m not complaining about my workplace going to hell. But this time of change requires a lot of my attention that could otherwise have been put into Requiem.
1f642.png
)

So, let me quickly summarize what we know about the SSE 1.6.318 update and how it affects Requiem:

• The official master plugins contain a variety of changes, but only small overlap with Requiem – forwarding these changes to Requiem is easy. (There are no changes in the Papyrus scripts.)

• The Unofficial Patch has already been updated after the AE release and contains a number of fixes that need to be forwarded to Requiem.

• SSE 1.6.318 includes Survival Mode, Fishing, Rare Curios, and Saints & Seducers. This new content cannot be disabled by normal means and will therefore remain as unsupported content in the initial Requiem on SSE release.

• The Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) is already updated and appears to be working fine.

• Two SKSE plugins we identified as strongly recommended dependencies to fix important engine bugs have not been (fully) updated yet.
    • Engine Fixes is available as a beta release for SSE 1.6.318 since November 19th.

• Scrambled Bugs is undergoing a complete rewrite as SKSE plugin that will first be released for SSE 1.5.97.
The most important aspect here are the two SKSE plugins. These fix very important engine bugs that affect Requiem in severe ways. Those who have been around for long enough might remember the ancient days where enemies just seemed way too brutal sometimes. Eventually we figured out that perk effects can get applied twice to NPCs after you reload the game. Considering that Requiem’s perks often have strong modifiers (e.g. spell damage scaling) these effects are more pronounced than in the base game.

The relevant changes in the base game and the Unofficial Patches will be included in our the initial SSE release of Requiem. When exactly we’ll release Requiem on SSE also depends on how these SKSE plugins (or replacements thereof) will evolve. We will observe the situation for the next two weeks, hopefully getting some more clarity on timelines, and then decide when and how we should release Requiem on SSE.

Based on our analysis so far, we expect that Requiem will also run on SSE 1.5.97, but we will only provide official support for it on the 1.6.318 version. The new content added by the SSE 1.6.318 version will be evaluated and probably adapted to Requiem in a future release. However, we have no plans to integrate any of the new content offered by the Anniversary Edition into Requiem.

Best regards,

Ogerboss on behalf of the Requiem Dungeon Masters

Azdul

Magister
Requiem is arguably the best way to play Skyrim - but as always - it requires some content and at the same time it does not support it.

Requiem requires Dragoborn DLC - and at the same time - Dragonborn DLC is not officially supported. Requiem does recommend NOT using bashed patches - but it requires them for compatibility with many other mods. Requiem Dragonborn patch is not supported on Legendary Edition, but Requiem itself is supported ONLY on Legendary Edition. This time Requiem SSE release will probably require updating to SSE 1.6 - but at the same time will not support any content that comes with SSE 1.6. New Requiem SSE require USSEP, and USSEP itself will require 4 new free DLC masters - and none of them will be supported by new Requiem ...

It's madness.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
Great news guys, I have just purchased on Steam the anniversary edition for R300 which is about $20 so it was an excellent price
And its not a money making scheme designed to manipulate the support fans of Elder Scrolls have for the ES franchise and then paying for something that is no different to previous versions
If you watched that excellent interview with Todd Howard he explains why they released this version to recognize the millions of fans who still play Skyrim.

And I had to buy it because they have included every Creation Club Mods since release and when I use Vortex Mod Manager I can have my first Skyrim playthrough in a unique and unparalleled way with more working Mods than I have ever installed :cool:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing this a bit, and so I've found some interesting, and mildly interesting tidbits that I never knew existed, which, in turn, I did not appreciate 10 years ago when I played this last:

• Arnbjorn is an ex-Companion. You find this out if you talking to him while being "blessed" with the blood of beasts.
  • You get some dragon souls if you check the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller after you deliver it to the Greybeards. (and they put it back at his tomb, of course)
  • If you know 2 out of 3 of the words in Worldwind Sprint, and you're asked to... show your prowess, you CAN fly off the mountain. (consequently this is absolutely HILARIOUS)
  • Paarthunax will call you out for being an Orc, if you are one, which is funny, because Orcs are supposed to be a type of elf.

Semiurge

Cipher

The vampire lord form was cool, for a while. For high level characters it becomes an insta-win button, unless you prevent yourself from spamming that AOE life drain spell.

Zerofrost made cool reskins for both male and female vamperlord, and a very cool werewolf model. The skins are tagged adult because of the female's bare tits option, so you need an account to see them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom