Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Locked to Steam and Increased Landmass

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Country_Gravy said:
More interesting than that, it seems that most of Morrowind and Cyrodil are in the game beyond the borders for Obvious DLC cash grab purposes.

Obvious fix is Obvious.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think including all that extra landmass is for DLC purposes. I haven't even seen anything verifying the veracity of the article that claimed it was all there and accessible through the noclip command.

Even if it is, I think it hints at groundwork laid down for a TES MMO instead.

Morkar Left

Oops, completely forgot that Bethesda switched to steam only. Some money saved at least.

deuxhero

Arcane
Crispy said:
I don't think including all that extra landmass is for DLC purposes. I haven't even seen anything verifying the veracity of the article that claimed it was all there and accessible through the noclip command.

Or you know, the skybox...

Deleted member 7219

It was always there, it wasn't brought in in the new patch, and it is so you can go up a mountain in Skyrim and see LOD in the distance instead of just blankness. Try it. Go to the far south-east of Skyrim, past Riften, and you'll see a valley through the mountains with a gate at the end of it. Through that gate you can see Red Mountain and Vvardenfell.

Luzur

Good Sir
um, you could walk to Elsweyr, Hammerfell, Skyrim, Argonia or Morrowind in Oblivion too, if you disabled the borders.

although they are very compressed and empty landscapes, and if you venture far enough (around where Almalexia shoudl be) you fell thorugh the ground and in to the void.

Turjan

Arcane
Crispy said:

There's a Youtube video of what is contained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlbA2qiXsf0

It's basically High Rock, most of Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, the western half of Morrowind (half of Vvardenfell), plus a few other bits and pieces. Of course, all is very rudimentary with less detail the further out you go.

The rumor of DLC use came from the fact that Skyrim contains a road to an elaborate gate to Morrowind.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Crispy said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlbA2qiXsf0

Edit:
Turjan
:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom