Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The Skyrim remaster project will reportedly include "mods, all DLC [and] improved visuals,"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/skyrim-remaster-evil-within-2-wolfenstein-2-and-mo/1100-6440527/

screen-shot-2015-04-13-at-2-06-38-pm.png

Well of course. They'll slap on the HD textures PC got shortly after release, up the AA AF a bit and use a modified bit of Fallout 4's framework for console mods. Viola another couple billion dollars.

"Hey, Oblivion was from that console generation too!"

Yes but that remaster would require effort

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'll bust a gut laughing if this is all about mod support for Skyrim on consoles. I mean, who would realistically re-buy the game considering it sold like crazy as it did? Especially because I assume their remaster will just be HD textures and better framerate.

Plenty, actually. Can't count the number of times I've heard people buying copies on each of their platforms, or noting when a remaster comes out that "I've beaten it three times, can't wait to do it again". Many start asking for remasters even when the originals' lifespan is barely done. Mods are merely icing on the cake. Can't wait to read threads asking why Requiem won't work on their PS4.

Dux

Arcane
Bethesda can remaster both sides of my edgy entitled Scandinavian ass.

Space Insect

Arcane
You can really tell that they don't care at all about any other game in the series when they decide to remaster the latest game.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Apparently they will never remaster Morrowind because it's an old (2002!) and irrelevant Xbox game. I don't think they even acknowledge the very existence of Daggerfall and Arena.

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-skyrim-...eres-why-bethesda-will-never-do-morrowind-hd/

:gumpyhead:

Morrowind's a great game, but remastering it will just expose its flaws even further.

Also, I noticed that an unnamed dlc just got added to Skyrim according to SteamDB, I'm guessing this is it, hopefully they make it a free upgrade.

But, more importantly, this may mean we get a 64-bit exe for Skyrim. God, the possibilities.

Walden

Savant
I'll bust a gut laughing if this is all about mod support for Skyrim on consoles. I mean, who would realistically re-buy the game considering it sold like crazy as it did? Especially because I assume their remaster will just be HD textures and better framerate.
Lot of casual console gamers sold their ps3/360 to get a ps4/one, so a Skyrim remastered with mod support, or rather light sabers, house garbage and other facepalm material support, will yield another crazy return.

I have to admit it: shortly after 2015 E3 I was hopeful about F4. All things considered Skyrim was a step forward Oblivion, a faint one, but still. But then F4 came and I understood the visceral mediocrity of the actual studio. Same feeling I have when trying to stop smoking: when I come to the point I can barely breath after a party, I promise to myself to stop, because it's just stupid, the evidence of a weak will, it hurts me and I definitely don't want to give my money to the Devil. But then E3 friday comes and you think: "Things can't get worse as long as I stay away from Bioware heavy drugs".

“You go back and look at it. Do you remember the dialogue system in Morrowind?” points out Hines. “Do you remember what it was like talking to someone and scrolling through this long list of questions. You put that out for someone that just finished Skyrim and they’re going to be like ‘What in the hell…?' "

Well of course you'd say that Pete. You're on record having admitted that you don't have the attention span for questions or long dialogues. And fuck internal consistency, right? Why someone thought you'd be a great fit for the Elder Scrolls or Fallout I'll never know. It's like giving a fat hog who doesn't like playing games and prefers reading romances influence in a major rpg...wait.

JenniferHeplerBioWare.jpg

Never mind.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
No one likes to read anymore. Your degenerate western culture of "gimme gimme gimme" and "kill streaks" are ruining RPGs for all of us.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Apparently they will never remaster Morrowind because it's an old (2002!) and irrelevant Xbox game. I don't think they even acknowledge the very existence of Daggerfall and Arena.

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-skyrim-...eres-why-bethesda-will-never-do-morrowind-hd/

Morrowind was a shit game even then,it was just a walking simulator with horrible gameplay and writing.Gothic series was miles ahead of that pile of shit in almost every department,better story,characters, graphics,art design,gameplay every fucking thing.

Morrowind should stay in the past and never rear it's ugly head again.

Gentle Player

Arcane
I don't want to see Morrowind remastered. I just thought it was tragically amusing to see it being described as an "old" Xbox game.

Walden

Savant
Peter Hines on Morrowind remake: "Remember back in the days when you had to figure out how to find Caius Cosades?? Maaaaan, what an headache!! In Morrowind remake it won't trouble you anymore, you ARE Caius Cosades!!
Remember when you had to read endless dialogues?? I lost concentration in the first 2 minutes when a dun-thing, yes, the black elf started asking me a thousand questions <What's you're name, you were dreaming> and so on. Whaaaat an headache!! In Morrowind remake you'll have a voiced gps that will guide you through Skyrim or whateva was the name of that land!!

Peeete you're sooo good, can't stop fill you with $$$!!
:hearnoevil:

Sorry, I was looking that bird flying. What were you sayin'?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they will even add mod support for the console version!
"On launch day the console traffic for Skyrim Remastered is 1000 TIMES BIGGER THAN PC DESPITE THE LAUNCHING ON THE SAME DAY!"

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
You're greatly overestimating the intelligence of consoletards.

Epsilon

Cipher
Peter Hines on Morrowind remake: "Remember back in the days when you had to figure out how to find Caius Cosades?? Maaaaan, what an headache!! In Morrowind remake it won't trouble you anymore, you ARE Caius Cosades!!
Remember when you had to read endless dialogues?? I lost concentration in the first 2 minutes when a dun-thing, yes, the black elf started asking me a thousand questions <What's you're name, you were dreaming> and so on. Whaaaat an headache!! In Morrowind remake you'll have a voiced gps that will guide you through Skyrim or whateva was the name of that land!!

Peeete you're sooo good, can't stop fill you with $$$!!
:hearnoevil:

Sorry, I was looking that bird flying. What were you sayin'?
I don't think it's as much an expression of his personality, as it is him knowing the audience of their recent games.

Walden

Savant
I don't think it's as much an expression of his personality, as it is him knowing the audience of their recent games.
I give him the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know him privately, but, besides his well hidden secret wittiness, I think he's a PR without any remotely particular or singular ablity that justifies his position. He is not a developer and I'm quite sure he doesn't have a more in depth vision of their games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom