Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim video LP

Yay or nay?

• Do it fag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's too boring to play, let alone watch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I'm thinking of doing a video LP of Skyrim, since it seems like a retardedly funny game. Would you watch something like that?

Bonus question, what's a good program to record something like that?

Gord

Arcane
I'd hit it watch it.

Not entirely of course, thanks to excessive internet usage my attention span is just too small these days.

Angthoron

Arcane
As long as you're not mumbling some "jokes" into the microphone.

I dunno, I usually don't like video LPs since players feel the need to narrate, and most of them can't narrate for shit. If you can, then good, will totally watch.

If you edited parts together that are funny and retarded I wouild watch it,
but I aint watchin you jumping for 4 hours trying to increase your acrobatics skill.

Gord

Arcane
Don't worry, there's no acrobatic skill anymore...

Edit:
Actually that would be a pretty cool vid if you are into modern art...

GreyViper

Prophet
Will it be modded LP or vanila, would spice up if you included something from loverslabs. :D

Vibalist

Arcane
Do it, fag. I want to see an LP where someone actually mocks Skyrim like it deserves, rather than all these other faggy LP'ers who think every little detail in the game is OSSUM(!!11).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think the Majestic and Titanic game design of Skyrim would be better shown with a good LP by a good author. I'm not much of a fan of Video LP's (If I do watch any, it just to watch it a bit if it is a game I am interested in, and want a quick look to see how it is). I do this for a lot of Adventure Games I'm not sure if I want to play or not.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
while recording make mental notes of the things you actually want the codex to take note of and edit it down to those

sure lots of people will say rousing stuff like go for it faget but probably 5% of them at most are actually going to sit through your exploratory 4 hour video series

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Video lps are good as long as the lper is good.

If I was an honest horse I'd require some sort of test video from Demnowhatever before I neigh or yeigh him. But I'm not, so go, Demnowhatever, go! You can do it!

Luzur

Good Sir
just narrate it in finnish then, we'll be just fine.

uja uja saatana, että on yksi niistä lohikäärmeitä, aika kokeilla kuten Dovahkinlainen leijahuutaa on mahtava peto!

kyllä! KYLLÄ HAAKAPEELE!

on mukava päivä Tamrielinroutsi!

i can already hear it in my mind.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Data4 said:
I'd watch an Andyman Messiah Skyrim LP. :D You've got an ah'ight voice for snark.
Once I've finished writing my review I'll do some shit and audio the shit out of it maybe.

Demno-guy, what's the plan for the LP? I take it you're doing subtitles? Also, I guess something like FRAPS or Camtasia should do the tricks required. I'm no let's play superstar though so maybe not.

Stinger

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Data4 said:
I'd watch an Andyman Messiah Skyrim LP. :D You've got an ah'ight voice for snark.
Once I've finished writing my review I'll do some shit and audio the shit out of it maybe.

I expect a review as glorious as your DA2 Legacy review :salute:

FatCat

Educated
Video Lp is million times superior to what for god knows what reason Codexers do with screenshots which is both hassle to make and view.Being stuck up old snobs ftw.

Yeah I usually don't finish screenshot LP's since there's no easy way to do it. I'm starting this today, after I'm suitably drunk and have sorted out some technical difficulties... There won't be constant narration or something like that, personally I never watch playthroughs where somebody constantly talks. There will, however, be some Finnish swearing and such when appropriate - with subtitles. I'll attempt to play it in a fashion where I play until I pass out from either alcohol or boredom since my time isn't especially valuable right now.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Do it, hope that the process would not be fatal tho.

PS:
Obviously I won't watch it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom