Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim VR is pretty incredible.

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

:shredder:

Listen buddy, i was merely giving you friendly advice. If you react to shitposts like that you will draw more attention to it and make it worse. If you want continue having discussions about your VAST experience with rpgs here on the codex, you need to grow a thicker skin.

And by the way, i know how you look like in real life. You are not able to scare me. Sorry buddy.

I...wow...well, I didn't look at it that way. Thank you. No seriously, thank you. You've opened my eyes up quite a bit, haha. I didn't realize you were just giving some friendly advice, I took it as an insult against my being. Wow, how silly I was being, haha. Thank you again, you've done me a great service. I will try to not "take the bait" and "grow a thicker skin" in the future, definitely. Until then, I hope I can last here on the rough and tumble Codex. To think, I was going as far to say I would do something impolite to you if you were here! I'm so sorry about that, I was really buggering off and making an ass of myself. Sheesh, life can hit ya hard and fast sometimes, ya know? Sometimes you just go overboard and can't control your raging temper, well, MY raging temper i should say. Thanks again mate, you're the best. Talk to you soon. Best, Fluent

Deleted Member 16721

It is very important that Todd Howard stay in this building.

Just make sure the anti-ledge jumping window locks are enabled, okay? Also, Todd likes to start the day taking in a bath in a tub filled with money. Make sure it's $100 DOLLAR BILLS or you'll make him very angry.

danielseth

Literate
Skyrim VR with a couple of mods is actually as a matter of fact the most immersive thing you can currently play in the rpg genre.
But that is just because its in vr not really because skyirm is anything special in the open world rpg genre.

Deleted Member 16721

Any loverslab-compatible controllers?

What the hell is a loverslab? I'm getting a Logitech X52 or something for Elite: Dangerous. I.e. a joystick controller. Might pick up the wireless adapter for the headset too, which is a big antenna you stick on the already big helmet and that lets you use it wirelessly. Not familiar with any other controllers, just using the very well-implemented Vive controllers (once you get the controls down Skyrim feels good man, feels good.

mondblut

Arcane

What the hell is a loverslab? I'm getting a Logitech X52 or something for Elite: Dangerous. I.e. a joystick controller. Might pick up the wireless adapter for the headset too, which is a big antenna you stick on the already big helmet and that lets you use it wirelessly. Not familiar with any other controllers, just using the very well-implemented Vive controllers (once you get the controls down Skyrim feels good man, feels good.

In 2018 it's okay to use "joysticks" or "big antennas", but I am inquiring about something having "more depth".

Deleted Member 16721

In 2018 it's okay to use "joysticks" or "big antennas", but I am inquiring about something having "more depth".

Okay. I'm not familiar with other controllers, but the Vive controller does everything you need, although if you want to play seated and use the foot pedal controller you can. The joystick is very complex too, not an Atari stick, it's got over 20 buttons I think. It's designed for Elite Dangerous which itself has a bit of "depth". But sorry, I don't much about using other controllers with it.

Master

Arbiter

What do your parents say about all this VR equipement?

Deleted Member 16721

What do your parents say about all this VR equipement?

They said if I keep up with my paper route I can keep it, as long as they can do random checks on me that I'm not playing VR Kanojo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane

The rule is always true, if you think about it, a japanese dude already built it and more in depth that you could possibly dream of. Just have to browse jap sites to find what you need.

Deleted Member 16721

I just realized there is a wireless adapter for it for 300 that I have to grab. And the joystick for Elite Dangerous is 200, so a total of 2 grand will be spent excluding the 6 games I purchased (and I want to get more, VR is fun). So it can get expensive but IMO VR needs to be experienced. It's unlike anything you've ever played and even if it's early gen it still has a lot going for it. I predict it will be the future as the tech gets better because it's just ridiculously fun and already good. Already spent hours on Google Earth VR just looking at the pyramids and foreign cities and countries. The scale and scope of something like Google Earth VR has to really be seen. It's amazing that the view they give you seems to be coming from all around you when it's just a headset over your eyes.

Deleted Member 16721

I'm testing it right now. I agree, a car is more important if you need one. In terms of testing I've played roughly 10 hours of various games so far. Not a huge sample size but so far, so good.

Generic-Giant-Spider

My first and last experience in the realm of VR was with a Virtual Boy back in 1997. The black and red world reminded me too much of Hell and I could only conclude that Miyamoto was attempting to convert me and many other children into joining his Satanic sex trafficking cult and so I had the device burnt and buried and I expect you to do the same with your copy of Skyrim VR.

Mortmal

Arcane
Skyrim VR or Skyrim on switch , which is better and why ?
Discuss!

Are you seriously comparing glorious 'Race with a Nintendo toy?
Well glorious race, not so much anymore. This year almost everything i bought on PC was broken buggy or completely unfinished. Launching a console game and just playing a full game is somewhat refreshing . Also Nintendo consoles are in my opinion mandatory for any true gamers, for their exclusives only.

Deleted Member 16721

My first and last experience in the realm of VR was with a Virtual Boy back in 1997. The black and red world reminded me too much of Hell and I could only conclude that Miyamoto was attempting to convert me and many other children into joining his Satanic sex trafficking cult and so I had the device burnt and buried and I expect you to do the same with your copy of Skyrim VR.

I haven't had any urge to join a cult because of the game...yet. Maybe the Imperial Cult but that was only in Morrowind. :(

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I haven't had any urge to join a cult because of the game...yet. Maybe the Imperial Cult but that was only in Morrowind. :(
In Daggerfall, there were separate temples to each of the eight divines, all of them joinable factions. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom