Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim VR is pretty incredible.

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Funposter

Arcane
I haven't had any urge to join a cult because of the game...yet. Maybe the Imperial Cult but that was only in Morrowind. :(
In Daggerfall, there were separate temples to each of the eight divines, all of them joinable factions. :obviously:
Which was cool for ARR-PEEING but they were all functionally the same in terms of the quests they gave out, and the rewards available to the player. The exception to that is the temple of Julianos iirc, which offered some services otherwise exclusive to the Mages Guild.

If Bethesda was run by people that weren't lazy/incompetent, they would have included a Temple of the Eight Divines faction, and then either a faction which still worships Talos in opposition to it (running along the same divides as the Civil War), or a faction which worshiped the traditional Nordic pantheon. This is essentially the Morrowind formula of Imperial faction vs. Native faction (Mages/Telvanni, Fighters/Redoran, Imperial Cult/Temple etc.), which is good because it allows the developers to properly differentitate two things, and allows more oppurtunities for the player to define their character in a genuine way instead of just a nominal one.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
fluent do you live with your parents? What’s your source of income? Generally speaking.

Deleted Member 16721

fluent do you live with your parents? What’s your source of income? Generally speaking.

I have a few investments that went my way. My mom and I live together but I own the property. I have disposable income that let's me get whatever gadgets and small things I want (sub $5000 is small). We might be moving to Europe where I will consider getting my own flat (or just getting one epic flat for us all). Want to take my stepdad there with us when we go. But generally speaking things have been good financially for me lately.

Deleted Member 16721

why would you willingly do this

I like it there. We're going to visit Poland next spring and see how we like it there, but I'm thinking of moving to Warsaw or maybe Krakow. Kind of set on Warsaw though. Plus easier access to other countries for visits, vacations, etc..

Edit - It's also closer to Lisbon which we want to travel to. Not to mention the other cities in Europe. We'd like to do a retreat in Monte Sahaja, Portugal at some point and living over there would give us easier access.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

Closer to Lisbon? Sure...

I'm not familiar yet with European travel. Is there a train one can take from Poland to Portugal or Spain? Right now living in the U.S. it's a flight over the Atlantic every time we'd like to visit Portugal. We'd also be closer to India in case we decide to do a retreat there sometime, but generally the retreats take place in Europe.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

I have a few investments that went my way. My mom and I live together but I own the property. I have disposable income that let's me get whatever gadgets and small things I want (sub $5000 is small). We might be moving to Europe where I will consider getting my own flat (or just getting one epic flat for us all). Want to take my stepdad there with us when we go. But generally speaking things have been good financially for me lately.

I've seen what you pool like pal, unless you work as a cookie monster you don't have good income.

Also your mom is probably as ugly as you are.

Theldaran

Liturgist

I'm not familiar yet with European travel. Is there a train one can take from Poland to Portugal or Spain? Right now living in the U.S. it's a flight over the Atlantic every time we'd like to visit Portugal. We'd also be closer to India in case we decide to do a retreat there sometime, but generally the retreats take place in Europe.

Dude, did you check out the distances? More like you have to get a plane. Probably on Germany.

Codex Year of the Donut

Dude, did you check out the distances? More like you have to get a plane. Probably on Germany.
if he's from USA then it's just a normal car trip for him

Theldaran

Liturgist

Well, yes, but it doesn't work that way in Europe. Also multiple languages and different governments.

YldriE

Learned
Eurobus is cheap as shit if time and comfort can be compromised, otherwise you can easily get direct Warsaw-Lisbon flights.

Codex Year of the Donut

Well, yes, but it doesn't work that way in Europe. Also multiple languages and different governments.
all he has to do is inform them that he's american and they'll let him through lest they be repeatedly hit with dronestrikes

Deleted Member 16721

I've seen what you pool like pal, unless you work as a cookie monster you don't have good income.

That's funny, because even growing my beard all out and having long scraggly hair I still get called gorgeous by women. My mom is also very pretty and was model-caliber in her younger years. Your jealousy is delicious.

Deleted Member 16721

Not yet, I thought there was a train that crosses Europe we can take. We're still figuring things out obviously, we have all winter here to learn more and then our visit will be in spring or summer of 2019, so many months yet to learn.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

That's funny, because even growing my beard all out and having long scraggly hair I still get called gorgeous by women. My mom is also very pretty and was model-caliber in her younger years. Your jealousy is delicious.

possibly_retarded.png

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

The distance between Krakow and Lisbon is greater than the distance between NYC and Los Angeles. So I doubt that's a regular fucking cartrip for the average Kwan.

Codex Year of the Donut

The distance between Krakow and Lisbon is greater than the distance between NYC and Los Angeles. So I doubt that's a regular fucking cartrip for the average Kwan.
Except that's wrong.
Hint: 1 mile is longer than 1 kilometer.

Deleted Member 16721

I'll probably take a flight though if it's that long of a distance. But we'd like to take a train to at least visit neighboring countries if that's possible. As I said, we still have a lot to learn, but we're getting in touch with expats and real estate agents in Warsaw to learn certain things about what it's like living there.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WTF does VR do to a game anyway? I'll just give it 5 years or so (when your're experienced and wise enough to know that every new technology needs 5 years or so) and when people start to go blind because their brains think the dragon is far away, but their eyes are still focused on the boobs in front of them...and everyone starts having seizures while jacking off and suffering brain damage/retardation...before going back for more Elder Scrolls games.

Although I suppose that might have happened already to some Elder Scrolls fans. And Todd Howard is smarter than we think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom