Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyway VS EVIL PUBLISHER!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Well where would a 100-something men developer studio operating 8 digit budgets find a few thousand dollars to afford a lawyer? Devs live in cardboard boxes you know.

Well, lets say they are 100 men. So, if the lawyer charged $300, that's $3 per hour if everyone chips in. Lets say the Lawyer spends a day. So that's $72 to look over a contract for one day (how much you pay as an individual).

So for the price of a shitty EA game and some shitty DLC, your group of 100 game devs could pay a lawyer to look over a contract.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Good lawyer doesn't cost million dollars per hour and one hour is more than enough to read any contract.

Not about reading, but about actually fighting a breach of contract. Doubt that's one hour.

You cry for days now about how publishers force poor Shadowrun devs to cut out inventories and make infinite ammo since Kickstarter money ain't free or some other hipster shit you spew.

Like I said, make up crap and argue against that crap. That's a sure way to win.

You are the only one who ever brought up Shadowrun in this topic you fucking imbecile. And personally I don't give a shit about Shadowrun. All this started from whether Larian lied or not about the publishers. And siding with some developers doesn't mean you think all publishers are "evil", shithead. Even though, according to you, Shadowrun and Banner Saga are enough to assume all developers lie. That's all you have: HURR LARIAN LIED JUST LOOK AT SHADOWRUN LOLOL. Keep fighting the windmills.

Oh yeah, and I thought we are dealing only in facts here. I want facts, then. The best you had was "BUT WUT IF THEY LIEDD???????". And also "they either lied or tried to paint themselves in a better light". Those are not a facts. Those are just as much suppositions as it is to believe they tell the truth.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I forget where I read it, but the creator of Oddworld said that EA routinely funds small developers with valuable IPs for projects way outside their scope of budget, and then cancels the project midway to bankrupt the developer (who has all the extra staff and shit they acquired for the project to pay off still) and buys their studio and IPs for cheap.

This is not breach of contract, but it sure is a douche move.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
oh, forgot that Walmart does the same thing to their suppliers around the world. Find a small company with something that sells well, become their main customer to the point that where Walmart can make unreasonable demands and cause the company to fold, and then acquires the company or hires someone else to make rip-offs of the shit that sold well.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I forget where I read it, but the creator of Oddworld said that EA routinely funds small developers with valuable IPs for projects way outside their scope of budget, and then cancels the project midway to bankrupt the developer (who has all the extra staff and shit they acquired for the project to pay off still) and buys their studio and IPs for cheap.

This is not breach of contract, but it sure is a douche move.
Vile subhuman aliens. They should be crucified and then eviscerated. Their entrails should be hung on barbed wire.

MetalCraze

Arcane
FeelTheRads is right then - developers are just retarded. EA routinely fucks them over like that and yet they flock to EA like flies.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOLLOLOLO NO YOU ARE RETARTED

THE FUCKERS WHOH HAVE THE MONEY MAKE THE RULES

BRO HAVE YOU EVER HAD A JOBN LOOLOLLOLOL YHOUR BOSS TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO AND RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS DEVELO[PERS NEED PUBLISHERS MORE THAN THE OTHER WAY AROIYUND

BRO LLOLLOLOLLOL ITS LIKE WHEN YOUR MOM ASKS YOU TO CLEAN YOURER ROOM AGAIN YOU ARE LIKE OLLOLOLOOL OM SO UNFAIR BUT SHE IS LIKE SKYWAYS BRO I PAY FOR YOUR FOOD AND VIDEO GAMES AND YOU ARE LIKE LOLLOLLOL I HATE YOU MOM BUT YOU ARER RIGHT

MetalCraze

Arcane
You are right bro!

You truly explained to me why Obshitian is making a realtime Dragon Age clone with cooldowns
And why Shadowrun Returns won't have inventory, ammo and instead will have mandatory DRM and DLCs even though the opposite things were promised pre-K$
I now understand why Banner Saga is a trilogy before its online demo was even out and its devs started shitting on RPG mechanics almost calling people appreciating them nerds the moment their K$ succeeded

I always thought devs design games but it looks like imaginary evil publishers got their hands even in hipstarter projects!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Kickscammer, the place to go for crowdbegging.

wergle

Educated
Yeah, I bet Josh Sawyer would never beg for cash on kickstarter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom