Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review Small Fallout: New Vegas Review Extravaganza

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Nov 30, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>el33tonline <a href="http://www.el33tonline.com/past_article/2010/11/26/fallout_new_vegas_review" target="_blank">reviewed</a> <strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong> scoring it 3/5.</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>Fallout: New Vegas gives the player tons to do, lots to see and hours and hours of gameplay, which is ultimately its saving grace. This game can provide 50+ hours for the RPG fan and after a few hours one could most likely get used to the graphical glitches thrown at the player, diminishing its occurrences to but a minor distraction. I&rsquo;m all about value as well as replay value when investing in a game, and Fallout: New Vegas does not disappoint in that regard and is worthy of its R600 price tag. Let us just hope that more patches are released for this deserving game to enhance the player experience to one of complete enjoyment.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Additionally, RPGFan has put up 2 different reviews. <a href="http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Fallout_New_Vegas/index2.html" target="_blank">In this first one (80%)</a> an "RPG" fan found out<em> that the greater emphasis on traditional RPG mechanics tore him out of what was an otherwise immersive experience</em>. Emphasis on RPG mechanics in my RPG? Preposterous!</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>I can't classify my experience with Fallout: New Vegas as "fun." The greater emphasis on traditional RPG mechanics tore me out of what was an otherwise immersive experience. The excellent writing and role-playing was tempered by the poor voice acting and lack of high-end production values. And the ambitious quest design and layered decision making proves too much for a failing engine. Fallout: New Vegas is more Fallout, and will probably make fans happy in the long run. For me, Fallout 3 was a five star dining experience. I paid sixty dollars for a steak roughly the size of a fist, but the taste and memory of that experience will last forever. Fallout: New Vegas is like ordering sixty dollars worth of food from McDonald's. You certainly get more bang for your buck, but the meal is simply hollow and unsatisfying. Fallout: New Vegas will have to satiate me for a while, but I will be remembering that juicy steak long after I've forgotten my experiences in the Mojave Desert.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p><a href="http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Fallout_New_Vegas/index3.html" target="_blank">And in this second one (81%)</a> another <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">retard</span> RPG fan figured that <em>Obsidian owes every bit of New Vegas' success to the creators of Fallout 3, and none of its failures</em>.</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>I have focused on the negative aspects of New Vegas because they weigh most heavily on my mind after playing the game. New Vegas is not bereft of entertainment and memorable experiences, however. I generally enjoyed exploring the wasteland, even if what I found there did little to excite my brain or stir me emotionally. A few scenarios truly stand out. Indeed, New Vegas is a better game than many. But Obsidian owes every bit of New Vegas' success to the creators of Fallout 3, and none of its failures. New Vegas is packed full of heartless content and sloppy design. The magic, personality and profundity found in Fallout 3 are all gone, blown away on desert winds, and with them, my respect for the game. Excusable in an otherwise mindlessly fun game, perhaps, but not in a boring one.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100570-fallout-new-vegas-reviews.html">GB</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  3. Derper Prophet

Derper
    :x

^ Top  
  4. Lockkaliber Magister Patron

Lockkaliber
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Stop posting this shit, my frail nerves can't handle all the rage. Fuck.

^ Top  
  5. jiujitsu Cipher

jiujitsu
    Project: Eternity
    Maybe, they missed the giant robot-pop-culture-reference?

Really, anyone who thinks Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas never played the originals when they were first released.

^ Top  
  6. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    "The magic, personality and profundity found in Fallout 3 are all gone"

:retarded:

Why. The. Fuck. You. Posted. This. Shit. Kurwa. Mać. VoD. Znajdę. Cię. I. Kurwa. Zajebie.

^ Top  
  7. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    don't blame the messenger bros

^ Top  
  8. Jack █▓▒░ Patron

Self-Ejected
    Insert Title Here
    "For me, Fallout 3 was a five star dining experience. I paid sixty dollars for a steak roughly the size of a fist, but the taste and memory of that experience will last forever."
    The taste of shit is hard to get rid of.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Felix Arcane

Felix
    WT? the Codex now link to weeaboo site's reviews ?

^ Top  
  10. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    There's gold in those RPGFan reviews.

AP Ammo? Never heard of it.
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  11. Felix Arcane

Felix
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

^ Top  
  12. Brotherman Bill Arcane Sad Loser

Brotherman Bill
    Did F1 and 2 have the DT system? Wasn't it the same % system of F3?

^ Top  
  13. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  14. baronjohn Cipher

baronjohn
    Well the unmodded game does have a weird yellow tint to it

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    Kool thanks for the reviews, now I will get FO3 GOTY instad of Vegas.

^ Top  
  16. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    Just like the pre-Fellout Fallout 3 had a green tint.

Also, these reviewers are awful and underage.

^ Top  
  17. CraigCWB Educated

CraigCWB
    What the fuck? 12 year olds who think they are the "elite online" and RPG fans who don't like RPG mechanics?

Well, anyway, that's already too much said about these "reviews". I just started playing the game yesterday so I don't have much of a feel for it yet but from what I've seen so far it's a better game than FO3 was. And that includes graphically. It even runs better, and I know that because I just finished replaying F03 last month on this same rig. Also, it's a lot harder. I put it on very hard and tried to mass murder everyone in town with a shovel (just to test of course) and I got my ass handed to me in 5 seconds flat. That may be the real reason these online elites don't like New Vegas, but for me it's a big plus when I can't act like a retard and get away with it.

^ Top  
  18. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Piss filter.

^ Top  
  19. l3loodAngel Proud INTJ Patron Edgy

l3loodAngel
    Fixt... And why are those reviews are even mentioned on the codex?

^ Top  
  20. UserNamer Cipher

UserNamer
    I don't understand how these guys want absolutely no challenge in their games.

The most infuriating thing is that most of the "difficult" encounters in vegas can be solved by bringing the appropriate equipment- ap ammo or stealthboys, mostly.

Those arrogant little shits want a game with absolutely no challenge, where they can go everywhere they want without facing even the smallest difficulty.

^ Top  
  21. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Eh, from what I've gathered, there are many people outside the Codex consider NV to be a better game than F3, which gives me hope. NV is selling pretty well, so maybe Bethseda or someone else will hire them to do another sequel.

^ Top  
  22. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Unwanted
    Andhaira
    Wasteland 2
    Most polls I've dared to look at (even on the Bethesda boards) have them at a considerable majority. We will win their hearts and minds yet.

^ Top  
  23. flushfire Augur

flushfire
    the tint is actually different depending on which area the player is in. IMO it should've been an option, it just seems too unrealistic for the lighting to change color based on some unknown factor. gamma suddenly rises near and in the strip for example. suddenly drops to the point that it always seems night in camp searchlight. i could take the extreme radiation = green tint, but in some places like camp forlorn hope the screen suddenly becomes sepia supposedly because of the state of morale in the camp? wtf is that

^ Top  
  24. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This. At least if the criticism was warranted...but FUCK! F3 better quests? A juicy steak compared to McDonalds? RPG elements ruin experience? :retarded: :x

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You sick fuck.....We were living in blissful ignorance! Damn you! Damn you to hell!!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.