Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Small fixes for 1.8

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Link to the patched file
Mirror
- Mairo gives you the second meal.
- your party don't teleports to Olvar's tavern after falling of any your original characters.
- Telus talks to you after training.
- Proper removing of equipped Novacula.

Fezzik said:
This particular quest aggravated some people. In particular, the fact that the quest to deliver food to the temple was given to the player first, so most players had done it already. Note, however, that having already completed the food delivery quest does not stop progress in the game. The player simply has to choose, do they bomb the temple with the priestess inside, killing her in the process, or tell her you're from the Watcher, exposing yourself to the Rebellion.

Vault Dweller said:
There is a temple. In a nearby tavern someone mentions that a guy who was delivering food to the temple is sick. You can immediately jump in and volunteer to deliver the food, earning some sweet XPs, or you can - and that's where PtD brilliance shines really bright - keep it in mind and use it when you really need to get into the temple in another quest (the bombing). The trick is the food delivery is a single quest. Once you've done it to earn your 2XPs, it's over and the bombing quest can't be done.

A lot of people (at the Codex, mind you) complained that they weren't warned about the bombing, which is very amusing. Had they avoided jumping at every opportunity to loot and earn XPs, role-playing a munchkin, that wouldn't have happened.

PtD developers simply reversed the quests order to create a more realistic situation. Instead of "you need to get to the temple -> you learn about the food delivery option -> deliver food and get into the temple", they mentioned the food delivery first and gave you an option to do it right away, which, I think, is pretty damn cool.

Dunno about older versions (should check 1.35 later), but 1.8 have a bug what prevents gaining second meal. They renamed label/answer good enough to I can deliver the food, but forgot change second goto to this label.
So, open file people.txt and find string
(goto [good enough])
change it to
(goto [I can deliver the food])

Now you can get new meal every 40 game hours. But Mairo is now slightly botched, so find strings

(!I can deliver the food!
(say [That's awfully kind of you. We can arrange for a free meal in return for your services. The food should be delivered to Kalliope at the Temple.])
(if (not (flag ^GaveKalMeal^))
(
(flagp ^PartyRep^ 1)
(give ^PARTY^ ^Temple Meal^)
(sflag ^AcceptedMairoMeal^ 1)
)
()
)
);good enough;
Change them to
(!I can deliver the food!
(say [That's awfully kind of you. We can arrange for a free meal in return for your services. The food should be delivered to Kalliope at the Temple.])
(sflag ^MealDeliveryDone^ 0)
(give ^PARTY^ ^Temple Meal^)
(if (not (flag ^GaveKalMeal^))
(
(flagp ^PartyRep^ 1)
(sflag ^AcceptedMairoMeal^ 1)
)
()
)
);good enough;
Now Mairo works fine.

After four years I finally correctly (probably :M) fixed it.
www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/prelude-bugs.22979/
I'm such slowpoke.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Version 1.2 don't have "another meal" option, but have additional node (I can deliver the food) what checks party reputation (so, probably, you can't get quest too early) and calls good enough node.
Version 1.35 is similar.
Version 1.5 have "another meal" option, but still had reputation check.
Probably, script was broken in the 1.7.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Everyone knows about teleporting your party to Kellen after death of any your first three characters. CP wrote what corrected it, but bug still stands, probably there is another version of 1.8 somewhere.

They just forgot to restore old DIEOVERRIDE in the event 140 to make it one-time event.

(setchar ^PARTY1^ ^DIEOVERRIDE^ 0)
(setchar ^PARTY2^ ^DIEOVERRIDE^ 0)
(setchar ^PARTY3^ ^DIEOVERRIDE^ 0)

Another patch
Don't forget to delete file events.bin!

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
Man I love this game so much, everything about it is just so much fun. Would definitely love to see another Prelude iteration...

Bingos will steal your babies

Edit: Is it just me, or is everyone else unable to alt-tab while playing PtD? Any way to fix this? Or perhaps play it in window mode?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Another bugs:
- Telus the gem trader indeed is broken if you learned barter from him.
- Script don't like when someone holds Novacula in the left hand. You'll get two Novaculas (Novaculae? :M), blessed and unblessed and lose weapon in the right hand.
Should be fixed pretty easily.
Anyone remembers another script bugs?
JarlFrank?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
http://www.filedropper.com/ptd18fix4
Novacula wielded in left hand now properly removed.
Just a six copies of this code:
(if ^PARTY1^
(if (equipped ^PARTY1^ ^Novacula^)
((cond (comp (getchar ^PARTY1^ ^RIGHTHAND^) 1110)
(setchar ^PARTY1^ ^LEFTHAND^ 0)
(setchar ^PARTY1^ ^RIGHTHAND^ 0)
(setchar ^PARTY1^ ^LEFTHAND^ 0)
)
(equip ^PARTY1^))
()
)
)

Don't forget to delete old events.bin !

kentable

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Umm... it's under the Prelude to Darkness subforum? o_O

OT: Since these are script fixes can I apply these to 1.7 installation?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Should I allow Tonis (literacy teacher in the Seminary) to continue training you after peaceful resolution of the first Temple quest?

Otherwise, my work is done, I fixed all bugs what I remember.
Perhaps, this thread should be stickied.

oscar

Arcane
Definitely. This game is awesome and more people ought to play it. I especially dig the setting.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sought this game out after reading stuff from the Age of Decadence devs. This would be the most up-to-date version, right? Thanks a lot for your work Fowyr, looking forward to trying this out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom