Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Small QOL feature II

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Reply button that quotes all text not enclosed by [quote_] brackets.

E.G.: there's a post containing two thousand words in brackets and two words of actual user comment. Such button will only quote these two words

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is actually the default behavior of the forum software, but we changed it.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I can't help but notice that post windows has two reply buttons both of which do the same. Possible to change one to "clean reply" while keeping second as it is?

There are several reasons for such function:

1) some chaps are just too lazy and like to quote entire sheet of text to reply. I love scrolling but even my love has its limits
2) replying with selection is painful when using phone and while I admit the inferiority of using phones for forums, circumstances force some of us to do that
2b) when quote includes several quotes already my phone's browser freaks out and shows a long stretches of empty spaces between replies
3) it's simply handy, I hate to quote the entire super-construction of post just to reply

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
So I'm checking out Codex with my shitty phone and what do I see? Instead of huge ass bloated quote-boxes which take forever to scroll, all quote-boxes are compactly compressed and you can scroll the text inside if you wish.

10/10 improvement, danke schön

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I can't help but notice that post windows has two reply buttons both of which do the same. Possible to change one to "clean reply" while keeping second as it is?

There are several reasons for such function:

1) some chaps are just too lazy and like to quote entire sheet of text to reply. I love scrolling but even my love has its limits
2) replying with selection is painful when using phone and while I admit the inferiority of using phones for forums, circumstances force some of us to do that
2b) when quote includes several quotes already my phone's browser freaks out and shows a long stretches of empty spaces between replies
3) it's simply handy, I hate to quote the entire super-construction of post just to reply

I also hate it when quotes just start adding up whenever you reply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom