Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Smartphone/Tablet Gaming

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is any of this worth a damn? Seems most is online but I managed to get a few offline games for iphone (Silver Sword & Lootbox by same author). I can see some time wasters working like slotmachine tetris shit but dungeon crawlers are awkward.

I recently saw old ads for Ultima Forever and it looked interesting for what it was as I was/am a fan of the ultima universe. I imagine some of it is "pay to win" but maybe not. EA got rid of it in 2014 which is a pity niw that i have a iphone (might get a used tablet dunno).

i've tried a few pay to win shit games like the original release of League of Angels and it was a pure shit time waster. Played on a laptop but i could see it being a phone game as it was overly simplistic shit.

I'm not a fan of online all-the-time games and prefer offline in handhelds (owning a gamegear back in the day and a GBA and lynx).

I'm guessing 99% of games for smartphones require being online to play (so being on a plane means shit out of luck).

And then its a matter of finding an rpg or sort of rpg game. So, I'm interested in any experiences in phone gaming and what might be ok time wasters for when I'm not lugging around a computer.

Be sure to let me know if it can be played offline or is online only.

Last edited:

Drelkag

Novice
The only game I play on my phone is a browser based text MMO. It's by the people who made Sunless Sea and set in the same world.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/

Interface works great on phone and you have a limited number of energy (candles that burn out) each day. There's no microtransactions and they have an optional sub to get a new story to play through each month.

Fun to hop on twice a day and make some progress.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ok, i found a few maybes. Never played Pokemon but I did play some geneforge. There is this:

Besides that funky flash looking gfx the music leaves much to be desired. It isn't even close to

Speaking of Vogel ir w/e I saw this: (exile in name only

i saw a dungeon master like game but lost it. I don't want to filter through too many. I'll just select a few time wasters.

Gerrard

Arcane
The biggest problem is that most affordable phone/tablet specs are shit for games. I'm not paying the price of a 2070 for a tablet just so I can play some mobile shit at more than 20FPS.

I would hang the people programming this trash by the balls, by the way. Just thinking about the kind of games that can't run on a quad/octo core 2+Ghz CPU smoothly makes my blood boil.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
EA offers a shit ton of sports and C&C like games. I noticed they still have that Dungeon Keeper game. And there's this.

peggle Quest
tKg2RUw.png

rHRX1ts.png

4fYteAz.jpg

Ok....I kid but really the EA selection sucks. Eh mobile, wtf was Blizzard thinking.

I did try out Kingdom of exile. Its a bit clunky to move and attack. I'm inept at this touch game play.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Bluetooth controller sync is pretty easy with my tablet. I havent tried with the iphone. I should try it. You should see the hook
Up i have to put iphone on bigscreen. Its ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom