Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

Silva

Arcane
Any tips/hacks/emulators for someone trying this for the first time?

Well, it's not really my first time, as I tried a short before Persona 5 and found it's barebones all-dungeon crawl boring. Then I've spent a dozen or so hours in P5 and found that cat excruciatingly painful and now I want to give Nocturne another chance.

Thanks bros.

L'Montes

Educated
SMT:regular-flavor lacks a lot of the guided story elements and teens-problems elements of Persona 5. That said, Nocturne does feature a few high school students prominently - their problems just are more end-of-world related instead.

If you don't like the dungeon crawl and/or Wizardry-type aspects of some games, then it may be that SMT:3 is not for you. The core part of the gameplay is exploring different dungeons with random encounters, and a combat system that was copy-pasted for the later Persona entries (Press Turn). The combat in Nocturne is less hand-holdy than the Persona flavor, and it's a lot easier to just lack good party options and get hit with a wipe in some later dungeons. Later dungeons will also feature a lot more Wizardry-esque mechanics in the exploration (false walls and the like).

If you don't really like both elements (the combat and exploration of a pretty plain-looking dungeons), then I wouldn't play it, honestly. I say this as someone that's a big fan of the game (and Wizardry-likes/blobbers in general). The first two SMT games are basically more direct Wizardry-like games with the Demon-summon mechanics. The third's big innovation is Press Turn combat, the dungeons aren't that different really.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tips for the start:

- Try to recruit as many demons as you can in the first dungeon to avoid a lot of pain in the Amala labyrinth.
- If your demon stock is full start fusioning the least useful ones trying to get an upgrade and/or new skills for your party.
- Change your magatamas acording to the common threats you are facing, and to get the new skills they provide when you level up.
- Later start searching for fusions that provide you with skills and demons that are great for the next boss or tough foes in the area.

My opinion:

This game is a survival dungeon crawler, in the vein of Wizardry. SMT4A may have the more refined combat and fusion mechanics but they lack the tense resource management that Nocturne has. If you like min-maxing and power gaming a more balanced game try that.

For me overall Nocturne is a better game because I like the survival aspect, aside from atmosphere, art design and dungeon complexity. Differences with SMT4/4A:

- Only 8 demon slots. In the later entries you have like 20 slots that give you a lot of flexibility to fuse demons, versatility to fight encounters and endurance because you have a lot of overall HP and MP to travel long dungeons. Here when a important demon dies it really hurts you to invest the MP to revive it. And you will need it because you have few demons to travel.

- No mana regen. In SMT4/4A you can get somewhat easily a party skill to regen mana while you walk, this means of course HP regen. This makes the crawling A LOT easier.

- Longer journeys between save points.

- Less control over fusions. This can be seen as negative, but in SMT4/4A you will always have exactly what you want to dominate, while in Nocturne you would have to be more ingenious with the imperfect team you have.

- Less demons to collect. It links with last point, can be negative, but reduce redundancy and makes you focus on searching for utility in fusion, instead of endless OCD fusing.

- No assists from friends buffing or healing you. You are alone summoning 3 demons to fight.

TLDR: Nocturne better campaign and overall game, SMT4A better pokemon powergaming toy.

L'Montes

Educated
Without spoiling things too much, there's an easter egg/bonus of sorts if you held onto the original Pixie that's your first demon in the game (in some form or another).

You can keep a demon or two in the backline to use Estoma (I think that's it, encounter rate down) and heals for restoring the party without dipping into your party's limited MP allotment. Both of those can make your life a lot easier when grinding, moving around, or trying to make it to the next save spot. It's enough of a difference that I'd keep a shitty demon with those options in the backline over not having a back-up healer/estoma option at all.

You need some varied attack options, and you can't rely on demi-fiend + one strong demon to carry you generally. Trying to build Demi-fiend to be an all-rounder is usually a bad idea (imho), either build him as a physical *or* magical-focused attacker, and pick your Magatama accordingly (the game only has so many, and some abilities are a bit trash). There's a relative time investment in use of the magatamas, and I don't think of it as being too spoilery to take a look at the skills in advance. Some enemies will reflect physical attacks (and you'll lose turns in the process of getting the shit beaten out of you), and a fair number have instant kill attacks.

All that to say, the game rewards planning and strategy to some extent, but be prepared to start from a prior save if you get fucked by instant death or a reflected attack you weren't expecting. Still, I'd personally say you'll likely not enjoy it if you don't like crawlers like Wizardry. Especially if you're already tapped out on it once (it's not going to become markedly different).

deuxhero

Arcane
Since you'll be emulating, abuse save states when demons ask to change skills and when magatama react (demons asking to talk to you is, as far as I know, always helpful so there's no reason to refuse). These are pure RNG bullshit that 90% of the time ruin your demon/curse you and 10% of the time give really good rewards (early access to high tier magic, free stats boosts).

In addition to what L'Montes said, try to get Watchful (earn XP when not active) on that backrow demon and keep Watchful demons in your backrow whenever possible. About 1/5th or so into the game you get acess to the Compenium which will allow you to, in exchange for money, to reproduce a demon that's no longer in your party. You can combine this with sacrifice fusion (enter the cathedral during the full moon, essentially allows you to fuse 3 demons and give the result all the XP of the third one) to add lots of XP to your summon results by registering a demon just before sacrificing it, then buying it back. By the mid-point of the game there isn't much use for money besides this.

There actually are some ways to get MP regen, but they're pretty late game or early but tricky. Get a demon with a high MP, Makatora and Mana Refill to sit in the back row and you can use them as a battery. Earliest to set this up is Uzume learning Mana Refill at level 23, but that's the last skill it learns and demons take forever to gain XP. Combine a (Sudama with Maktora*Mononofu=Pyro Jack)*(Koppa with Watchful*Lilim=Archangel), set a sacrifice that has acquired good XP and reroll till you inherit both skills (and ideally non-force offensive spells. Pyro Jack learns Agilao at 22 which is nice to inherit.) She's a useful ally in her own right, but you can retire her to the back bench when she stops being useful.

I forget if Mana Drain was practical or only drained a very small amount of MP in this game, but that's obtainable fairly early.

Build the main character as a magic user the first time around. Extra turn presses are very useful, and there's no way to bypass physical resistance till just before the final boss.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
also Nocturne has amazing visuals and a fantastic story that's light on plot but fucking amazing in presentation and delivery and execution.

I consider it the pinnacle of modern SMT games, and it will almost definitely not be surpassed ever again.

Silva

Arcane
Thanks for the tips bros.

I was coming here to say exactly what aweigh said above: the game presentation is superb, it's setting exotic, and has something I loved in Persona 3 that I think was lost in P4/P5: an eerie and unsettling atmosphere. I think here it may even better than P3 though, I must play more to confirm.

By the way, can the protagonist use a weapon of some sort?

And how to make demons use skills from "the back" as someone said above? I can just summon 3 demons to my side, no way to keep them behind or something.

Vorark

Erudite
I was coming here to say exactly what aweigh said above: the game presentation is superb, it's setting exotic, and has something I loved in Persona 3 that I think was lost in P4/P5: an eerie and unsettling atmosphere. I think here it may even better than P3 though, I must play more to confirm.

I played Nocturne right after Persona 3 (which I'm very fond of) and my mind was blown by how good it was. I believe it'll be right up your alley, they both share the doom and gloom atmosphere and the combat system alone is miles ahead of any Persona game.

Fuse 2 or 3 low level demons with skills like watchful/buffs/debuffs. For example I made a pixie with Sukukaja/Rakunda/Rakukaja/Tarukaja/Watchful/Dark Might. Watchful means they gain XP while benched. Every time you fuse any real combat demons, do it on full moon and sacrifice this demon (register it first of course, then pull it out again so it keeps gaining XP). This ensures generally great skills spread everywhere, and the result demon gets the extra XP the sacrifice had. You don't get the immediate skills the result demon would learn but as soon as it levels once it will gain all of its available skill pool (e.g. if a level 20 demon would learn a skill at level 22,23,24 and your XP takes it to level 24.5, it'll learn em all at 25). This is important since lots of the best skills are only accessible early on through demon leveling, which is a downright pain without sacrifices.

Also Dark Might is a huge cheese skill, but enjoy.

You can do both physical and magic main character at the same time, the way is by HP-based physical attacks which don't need strength and only deal damage based on your max HP. So you just level magic and vitality and become a god early game (where Tornado kills everything) and late game (where focused physical attacks destroy entire groups), on top of being very tanky (game end on MC death). A few utility skills and you're easily the star of every fight.

And how to make demons use skills from "the back" as someone said above? I can just summon 3 demons to my side, no way to keep them behind or something.

Out of battle you go to the menu and can use skills directly. In-battle you can have to waste turns summoning them.

BTW, anyone tried https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/ ? Looks like it does a lot of interesting stuff.

How to broke geam in two steps:

1. Fuse Daisoujou with Makatora spell - thanks to his unique Meditation skill you'll gain HP/MP battery for everyone.
2. Fuse Trumpeter - his Evil Melody (instakill enemy of lowest HP) allows to finish any random encounter in max. 2 turns (doesn't affect bosses), just skip turns to make Trumpeter act twice a turn.

PS. KEEP FIRST PIXIE or just any demon made from her, there will be a prize in last Kalpa.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Do NOT ignore the "social" skills that demons learn to help you recruit other demons. You'll definitely want to keep a couple demons in your party with some of those skills since they help demon recruitment by a significant amount and make your life a lot less miserable.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
SMT games are always really hard in the beginning but eventually you hit a tipping point where you become super strong and just faceroll the rest of the game. So the key is to stick with it.

-You will have to get used to building teams around specific bosses. Don't get too hung up on one specific demon; use them for what you need them for and then discard them. You should always be recruiting, when your team is full, fuse extras and keep recruiting. Generally better to fuse than to level grind.
-Every magatama teaches a unique set of abilities. Once you learn an ability, you can never re-learn it, and once you overwrite it, it's gone forever. Plan accordingly.
-Generally build either mostly physical or all magic. Giving the demi-fiend healing spells will also negate the need to rely on any specific demon for healing (mediarahan is not MAG-dependent either). Physical is the overpowered moveset, once you get gaia rage everything just dies.
-There is a super-sekret ending that requires you to finish the amala labyrinth before getting the (massively OP) masakados magatama. If you're not going for that ending don't worry too much about the labyrinth.

Silva

Arcane
Update: placed the first candle on Amala labyrinth after the old lady and cripple dude talking to me about bringing all candles.

Btw, I have another candle in inventory but I didnt find the place to attach it? Is this right? I think I explored all the first and second floor of Amala and there are no more ways to go. Except the trap where you fall on a red hurting floor. Should I fall down and search for some passage there?

How about that place full of Oni/red demons with weird name which are supposedly rivals of Assembly of Nihilo? Should I do something there?

Great game, by the way. It has some cringey old schoold sensibilities like fetch-quests and unecessarily labyrinthine levels, but it's setting and atmosphere are top notch, and the combat is the best I've seen using this formula, much better than Personas.

L'Montes

Educated
How about that place full of Oni/red demons with weird name which are supposedly rivals of Assembly of Nihilo? Should I do something there?

"Should" with a lot of the things in the game is a matter of perspective. The game has some forking paths. There are a few different "factions" pushing to remake the world in specific ways. You're given a choice at various points in the game to align yourself with these factions. Some of your brush-ups are more-so about "meeting" the factions than having meaningful choices. The game has a "true" ending (sort of) and a sort of good ending (debatably)... but all the endings are basically valid (the true ending is more "challenging" than positive).

Interesting thing about the combat/Personas: this game sort of became the asset source for an entire generation of games. All the demon models they made here (and the exact combat system, more or less unaltered) would be copy-pasted into Persona 3, 4 and Digital Devil Saga 1/2. They even reused the models in the Devil Summoner games, though there was a bit of jank sometimes there because it was an action game reusing/re-rigging RPG assets that didn't need to move much for turn-based battles.

Silva

Arcane
Ok, I've reached the leader at the top of the building, Gozu-Tennoh or something. Now he wants me to join him against the Nihilo.

Question: if I join him, can I swap sides later or it's permanent?

L'Montes said:
Interesting thing about the combat/Personas: this game sort of became the asset source for an entire generation of games. All the demon models they made here (and the exact combat system, more or less unaltered) would be copy-pasted into Persona 3, 4 and Digital Devil Saga 1/2.
That's cool to know. One of the things that grabbed me since the first time I've played this series (in Persona 3) was the legends/myth-based figures, as I'm a mythology afficionado.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Ok, I've reached the leader at the top of the building, Gozu-Tennoh or something. Now he wants me to join him against the Nihilo.

Question: if I join him, can I swap sides later or it's permanent?

L'Montes said:
Interesting thing about the combat/Personas: this game sort of became the asset source for an entire generation of games. All the demon models they made here (and the exact combat system, more or less unaltered) would be copy-pasted into Persona 3, 4 and Digital Devil Saga 1/2.
That's cool to know. One of the things that grabbed me since the first time I've played this series (in Persona 3) was the legends/myth-based figures, as I'm a mythology afficionado.

The way the alignment works is that by answering questions you will accumulate points towards specific alignment. But for each alignment there is a major plot event at the last third of the game, and iirc that is the actual flag for determining which side you choose. If you have responded favorably to the Chaos faction but answer negatively in that important plot event later on concerning Chaos, you will not get a Chaos ending, even if point-wise you have more points towards the Chaos faction. Responding favorably to Gozu-Tennoh is not the important flag in question.

Also, if you proceed sufficiently further down the Labyrinth of Amala, you get locked out of all other endings for a special ending.

Last edited:

L'Montes

Educated
As an aside, I didn't mention it, but there's technically a "bad" ending of sorts too. Being completely unaligned *and* being lukewarm about it gets you it, in a manner of speaking.

If you want to keep all (good-ish) endings available you can agree with everyone in the first half, then in the latter half where the big decisions come up you choose one and spurn the others.

Vorark

Erudite
Don't fret about the endings, play as you want. If you like the game well enough, you'll eventually do another playthrough.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
SMT III NOCTURNE spreadsheet I made with all the:

FUSION TABLES
SPECIAL FUSIONS
EVOLUTION CHART
DEMON LIST
DEMON CHART

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i57ulgi3342cr1e/shin_megami_tensei_nocturne_fusion.xlsx/file

Some tips and PCSX2 settings:

So, I just finished SMT III Nocturne with the PCSX2 emulator. Got all magatama, fused all the high lvl demons, went for the true demon ending, it took me about 140h.

Random tip: giving all your demons bright might or dark might is great. It helps a lot in boss fights all the way to the end.

Endgame party:
Hero:

Ae7vX7R.jpg

:martini:

ArchDevil:

PHN3vA4.jpg

:fight:

ArchAngel:

TAV9kvB.jpg

:whiteknight:

Hindu Deity:

YkmRzAl.jpg

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Mascot:

fh7Ieil.jpg

:popamole:

I fiddled with Gsdx's external shader and it can give you some nice results. Mostly with some subtle vibrance, curves and sharpening. Some comparison shots:
No shader:
ZbMCSu9.jpg

Shader:
gZYIOWo.jpg

No shader:
RfnAaPT.jpg

Shader:
7QJhYBR.jpg
Here are the shader settings:
Code:
/*===============================================================================*\
|########################      [GSdx FX Suite v2.40]      ########################|
|##########################        By Asmodean          ##########################|
||                                                                               ||
||          This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or        ||
||          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License          ||
||          as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2       ||
||          of the License, or (at your option) any later version.               ||
||                                                                               ||
||          This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,      ||
||          but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of       ||
||          MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the        ||
||          GNU General Public License for more details. (c)2016                 ||
|#################################################################################|
\*===============================================================================*/
//#NOTICE: GSdx FX is not compatible with GSdx9. Use GSdx OGL or DX10/11.

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       [DEFINITIONS & ON/OFF OPTIONS]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//--------------------------#[CHOOSE EFFECTS]#--------------------------------\\

//#[ANTIALIASING TECHNIQUES]   [1=ON|0=OFF]  #READ: For best results: Use gsdx fx antialiasing OR filtering. Not both together.
#define UHQ_FXAA                    1      //# High Quality Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing. If GSdx's internal FXAA is also enabled, this equals FXAA2x.[3D]

//#[FS SCALING TECHNIQUES]    [1=ON|0=OFF]  #READ: For best results: Only enable one type of filtering at one time. Use post antialiasing OR FS filtering, not both.
#define BILINEAR_FILTERING          0     //# Bilinear Fullscreen Texture Filtering. BiLinear filtering - light to medium filtering of textures.[2D]
#define BICUBIC_FILTERING           0     //# Bicubic Fullscreen Texture Filtering. BiCubic filtering - medium to strong filtering of textures.[2D]
#define GAUSSIAN_FILTERING          0     //# Gaussian Fullscreen Texture Filtering. Gaussian filtering - strong to extra strong filtering of textures.[2D]
#define BICUBLIC_SCALER             0     //# Bicubic Interpolation Scaling. Uses BCS on up scaling, and downsampling of games, for smoother scaling.
#define LANCZOS_SCALER              0     //# Lanczos Interpolation Scaling. Uses Lanczos on up scaling, and downsampling of games for smoother scaling.

//#[LIGHTING & COLOUR]         [1=ON|0=OFF]  #READ: These can all be turned on & off independently of each other. [For High Dynamic Range(HDR) use Bloom & Tonemapping together]
#define BLENDED_BLOOM               1      //# High Quality SP Bloom. Soft lighting with blending techniques, for a natural looking bloom.
#define SCENE_TONEMAPPING           1      //# HDR Scene Tonemapping. Layered component conversion, and applies scene tone mapping.
#define COLOR_CORRECTION            1      //# Component Color Correction. Colorspace conversion, with correction curves, and multiple palette types.
#define CROSS_PROCESSING            0      //# Filmic Cross Processing. Alters the tone of the scene, crossing the game's color set, with another.
#define GAMMA_CORRECTION            0      //# RGB Gamma Correction. Fixed expansion to variable compression gamma correction curve.
#define PIXEL_VIBRANCE              1      //# Pixel Vibrance. Intelligently adjusts pixel vibrance depending on original color saturation.
#define COLOR_GRADING               0      //# Post-Complement Colour Grading. Alters individual colour components on a scene, to enhance selected colour tones.
#define TEXTURE_SHARPEN             1      //# Bicubic Texture Unsharpen Mask. Looks similar to a negative texture LOD bias. Enhances texture fidelity.
#define CURVE_CONTRAST              1      //# S-Curve Scene Contrast Enhancement. Locally adjusts contrast using a four-point cubic bezier spline.
#define CEL_SHADING                  0      //# PX Cel Shading. Simulates the look of animation/toon. Typically best suited for animated style games.
#define PAINT_SHADING               0      //# Paint Shading. Creates the effect of a painted scene. Adapted from ENB series, it's pretty performance heavy.

//#[TV EMU TECHNIQUES]         [1=ON|0=OFF]  #READ: These can all be turned on & off independently of each other. These effects are typically used to simulated older TVs/CRT etc.
#define LOTTES_CRT                  0     //# Timothy Lottes CRT emulation effect. Similar to scanlines, but with more control options. Ported by request.
#define SCANLINES                  0     //# Scanlines to simulate the look of a CRT TV. Typically suited to sprite games. Note: Works best at Native Res.
#define VIGNETTE                    0     //# Darkens the edges of the screen, to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens.
#define DEBANDING                   1     //# Applies a debanding effect, to minimize banding artifacts. Which is usually very prevalent in skyboxes (for example).
#define SP_DITHERING                1     //# Subpixel Dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. Smoothes gradiants, this can reduce color banding.
#define PX_BORDER                   1     //# Creates a pixel border, as a workaround for the bright edge that using hardware antialiasing(MSAA) can cause. (Ported by request from SFX).

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          [EFFECT CONFIG OPTIONS]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//##[UHQ_FXAA]
#define FxaaSubpixMax 0.00                 //[0.00 to 1.00] Amount of subpixel aliasing removal. Higher values: softer. Lower values: sharper. 0.00: Edge only.
#define FxaaQuality 4                      //[1|2|3|4] Overall Fxaa quality preset (pixel coverage). 1: Low, 2: Medium, 3: High, 4: Ultra.
#define FxaaEarlyExit 1                    //[0 or 1] Use Fxaa early exit pathing. When enabled: Only luma edge pixels are antialiased. When disabled: the entire scene is antialiased(FSAA).

//##[BILINEAR_FILTERING]
#define FilterStrength 1.00                //[0.10 to 1.50] Bilinear filtering strength. Controls the overall strength of the filtering.
#define OffsetAmount 0.0                   //[0.0 to 1.5] Pixel offset amount. If you want to use an st offset, 0.5 is generally recommended. 0.0 is off.

//##[BICUBIC_FILTERING]
#define Interpolation Triangular           //[CatMullRom, Bell, BSpline, Triangular, Cubic] Type of interpolation to use. From left to right is lighter<-->stronger filtering.
#define BicubicStrength 0.75               //[0.10 to 1.50] Bicubic filtering strength. Controls the overall strength of the filtering.
#define PixelOffset 0.0                    //[0.0 to 1.5] Pixel offset amount. If you want to use an st offset, 0.5 is generally recommended. 0.0 is off.

//##[GAUSSIAN_FILTERING]
#define FilterAmount 1.00                  //[0.10 to 1.50] Gaussian filtering strength. Controls the overall strength of the filtering.
#define GaussianSpread 0.75                //[0.50 to 4.00] The filtering spread & offset levels. Controls the sampling spread of the filtering.

//##[BLENDED BLOOM]
#define BloomType BlendGlow                //[BlendGlow, BlendAddGlow, BlendAddLight, BlendScreen, BlendLuma, BlendOverlay] The type of blended bloom. Light<->Dark.
#define BloomStrength 0.280                //[0.000 to 1.000] Overall strength of the bloom. You may want to readjust for each blend type.
#define BlendStrength 0.800                //[0.000 to 1.000] Strength of the blending. This is a modifier based on bloom. 1.0 equates to 100% strength.
#define BloomDefocus 2.000                 //[1.000 to 4.000] The initial bloom defocus value. Increases the softness of light, bright objects, etc.
#define BloomWidth 3.200                   //[1.000 to 8.000] Width of the bloom. Adjusts the width of the spread and soft glow. Scales with BloomStrength.
#define BloomReds 0.040                    //[0.000 to 1.000] Red channel correction of the bloom. Raising will increase the bloom of reds.
#define BloomGreens 0.030                  //[0.000 to 1.000] Green channel correction of the bloom. Raising will increase the bloom of greens.
#define BloomBlues 0.020                   //[0.000 to 1.000] Blue channel correction of the bloom. Raising will increase the bloom of blues.

//##[SCENE TONEMAPPING]
#define TonemapType 1                      //[0|1|2|3] The base tone mapping operator. 0 is LDR, 1 is HDR(original), 2 & 3 are Filmic HDR(slight grading).
#define TonemapMask 0                      //[0 or 1] Enables an ALU tone masking curve. Produces a nice cinematic look. Suits some games more than others.
#define MaskStrength 0.35                  //[0.000 to 1.000] Strength of the tone masking. Higher for a stronger effect. This is a dependency of TonemapMask.
#define ToneAmount 0.150                   //[0.050 to 1.000] Tonemap strength (tone correction). Higher for stronger tone mapping, lower for lighter.
#define BlackLevels 0.500                  //[0.000 to 1.000] Black level balance (shadow correction). Increase to deepen blacks, lower to lighten them.
#define Exposure 1.000                     //[0.100 to 2.000] White correction (brightness). Higher values for more scene exposure, lower for less.
#define Luminance 1.000                    //[0.100 to 2.000] Luminance average (luminance correction). Higher values will lower scene luminance average.
#define WhitePoint 1.100                   //[0.100 to 2.000] Whitepoint average (wp lum correction). Higher values will lower the maximum scene white point.

//##[COLOR CORRECTION]
#define CorrectionPalette 1                //[1|2|3|4|5] The colorspace palette type. 1: RGB, 2: YXY, 3: XYZ, 4: HSV, 5: YUV. Each one will produce a different combination of shades & hues.
#define ChannelR 2.00                      //[0.00 to 8.00] R(1), Y(2), X(3), H(4), Y(5) component channel varies with the colorspace used. Higher values increase correction strength.
#define ChannelG 1.80                      //[0.00 to 8.00] G(1), X(2), Y(3), S(4), U(5) component channel varies with the colorspace used. Higher values increase correction strength.
#define ChannelB 1.50                      //[0.00 to 8.00] B(1), Y(2), Z(3), V(4), V(5) component channel varies with the colorspace used. Higher values increase correction strength.
#define PaletteStrength 2.00               //[0.00 to 4.00] The interpolated strength ratio between the base color, and the corrected color. Raise to increase saturation.

//##[CROSS PROCESSING]
#define FilmicProcess 1                    //[1|2|3] The color conversion type for the cross process. 1: cool, 2: warm, 3: dusk. You can achieve different results with each.
#define RedShift 0.50                      //[0.10 to 1.00] Red color component shift of the filmic processing. Alters the red balance of the shift.
#define GreenShift 0.50                    //[0.10 to 1.00] Green color component shift of the filmic processing. Alters the green balance of the shift.
#define BlueShift 0.50                     //[0.10 to 1.00] Blue color component shift of the filmic processing. Alters the blue balance of the shift.
#define ShiftRatio 0.50                    //[0.10 to 2.00] The blending ratio for the base color and the color shift. Higher for a stronger effect.

//##[TEXTURE SHARPEN]
#define SharpenStrength 1.35               //[0.10 to 2.00] Strength of the texture sharpening effect. This is the maximum strength that will be used.
#define SharpenClamp 0.105                 //[0.005 to 0.500] Reduces the clamping/limiting on the maximum amount of sharpening each pixel recieves. Raise this to reduce the clamping.
#define SharpenBias 1.50                   //[0.50 to 4.00] Sharpening edge bias. Lower values for clean subtle sharpen, and higher values for a deeper textured sharpen.
#define DebugSharpen 0                     //[0 or 1] Visualize the sharpening effect. Useful for fine-tuning. Best to disable other effects, to see edge detection clearly.

//##[PIXEL VIBRANCE]
#define Vibrance 0.30                      //[-1.00 to 1.00] Overall vibrance strength. Locally adjusts the vibrance of pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define RedVibrance 1.00                   //[-8.00 to 8.00] Red channel coefficient of the vibrance strength. Adjusting the vibrance of the red channel independently.
#define GreenVibrance 1.00                 //[-8.00 to 8.00] Green channel coefficient of the vibrance strength. Adjusting the vibrance of the green channel independently.
#define BlueVibrance 1.00                  //[-8.00 to 8.00] Blue channel coefficient of the vibrance strength. Adjusting the vibrance of the blue channel independently.

//##[COLOR_GRADING]
#define RedGrading 1.20                    //[0.00 to 3.00] Red colour grading coefficient. Adjust to influence the red channel coefficients of the grading, and highlight tones.
#define GreenGrading 1.10                  //[0.00 to 3.00] Green colour grading coefficient. Adjust to influence the Green channel coefficients of the grading, and highlight tones.
#define BlueGrading 1.10                   //[0.00 to 3.00] Blue colour grading coefficient. Adjust to influence the Blue channel coefficients of the grading, and highlight tones.
#define GradingStrength 0.25               //[0.00 to 1.00] The overall max strength of the colour grading effect. Raise to increase, lower to decrease the amount.
#define Correlation 1.00                   //[0.10 to 1.00] Correlation between the base colour, and the grading influence. Lower = more of the scene is graded, Higher = less of the scene is graded.

//##[CEL SHADING]
#define EdgeStrength 1.00                  //[0.00 to 4.00] Overall strength of the cel edge outline effect. Affects the overall density.  0.00: no outlines.
#define EdgeFilter 0.75                    //[0.10 to 2.00] Filters out fainter cel edges. Use it for balancing the cel edge density. EG: for faces, foliage, etc.
#define EdgeThickness 1.20                 //[0.50 to 2.00] Thickness of the cel edges. Increase for thicker outlining.  Note: when downsampling, raise this to keep the same thickness.
#define UseYuvLuma 0                       //[0 or 1] Uses YUV luma calculations, or base color luma calculations. Yuv luma can produce a better shaded look.
#define ColorRounding 0                    //[0 or 1] Uses rounding methods on colors. This can emphasise shaded toon colors. Looks good in some games, and odd in others.

//##[PAINT SHADING]
#define PaintMethod 2                      //[1 or 2] The algorithm used for paint effect. 1: water painting, 2: oil painting. You may want to readjust the radius between the two.
#define PaintRadius 4                      //[2 to 8] Radius of the painted effect, increasing the radius also requires longer loops, so higher values require more performance.
#define PaintStrength 1.00                 //[0.00 to 1.00] The overall interpolated strength of the paint effect. Where 1.0 equates to 100% strength.

//##[CURVE_CONTRAST]
#define CurveType 0                        //[0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
#define CurvesContrast 0.35                //[0.00 to 2.00] The amount of contrast you want. Controls the overall strength of the texture sharpening.

//##[GAMMA_CORRECTION]
#define Gamma 2.20                         //[1.5 to 4.0] Gamma correction. Decrease for lower gamma(darker). Increase for higher gamma(brighter). (Default: 2.2)

//##[LOTTES_CRT]
#define MaskingType 1                      //[1|2|3|4] The type of CRT shadow masking used. 1: compressed TV style, 2: Aperture-grille, 3: Stretched VGA style, 4: VGA style.
#define CRTSizeX 3000.0                     //[128 to 2048] A workaround for arbitrary render target scaling. Either set it to a fixed width, or set it to screenSize.x
#define CRTSizeY 3000.0                     //[128 to 2048] A workaround for arbitrary render target scaling. Either set it to a fixed height, or set it to screenSize.y
#define ScanBrightness -8.00               //[-16.0 to 1.0] The overall brightness of the scanline effect. Lower for darker, higher for brighter.
#define FilterCRTAmount -1.00              //[-4.0 to 1.0] The amount of filtering used, to replicate the TV CRT look. Lower for less, higher for more.
#define HorizontalWarp 0.00                //[0.0 to 0.1] The distortion warping effect for the horizontal (x) axis of the screen. Use small increments.
#define VerticalWarp 0.00                  //[0.0 to 0.1] The distortion warping effect for the verticle (y) axis of the screen. Use small increments.
#define MaskAmountDark 0.80                //[0.0 to 1.0] The value of the dark masking line effect used. Lower for darker lower end masking, higher for brighter.
#define MaskAmountLight 1.50               //[0.0 to 2.0] The value of the light masking line effect used. Lower for darker higher end masking, higher for brighter.
#define ResolutionScale 2.00               //[0.1 to 4.0] The scale of the image resolution. Lowering this can give off a nice retro TV look. Raising it can clear up the image.
#define MaskResolutionScale 0.80           //[0.1 to 2.0] The scale of the CRT mask resolution. Use this for balancing the scanline mask scale for difference resolution scaling.
#define UseShadowMask 1                    //[0 or 1] Enables, or disables the use of the CRT shadow mask. 0 is disabled, 1 is enabled.

//##[SCANLINES]
#define ScanlineType 0                     //[0|1|2] The type & orientation of the scanlines. 0 is x(horizontal), 1 is y(vertical), 2 is both(xy)
#define ScanlineScale 0.50                 //[0.20 to 2.00] The scaling & thickness of the scanlines. Changing this can help with PCSX2 IR scaling problems.
#define ScanlineIntensity 0.18             //[0.10 to 1.00] The intensity of the scanlines. Defaults: 0.18 for ScanlineType 0|1|2, 0.50 for ScanlineType 3.
#define ScanlineBrightness 1.02            //[0.50 to 2.00] The brightness of the scanlines.  Defaults: 2.00 for ScanlineType 0|1|2, 1.50 for ScanlineType 3.

//##[VIGNETTE]
#define VignetteRatio 1.77                 //[0.15 to 6.00] Sets the espect ratio of the vignette. 1.77 for 16:9, 1.60 for 16:10, 1.33 for 4:3, 1.00 for 1:1.
#define VignetteRadius 1.10                //[0.50 to 3.00] Radius of the vignette effect. Lower values for stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount 0.25                //[0.00 to 1.00] Strength of black edge occlusion. Increase for higher strength, decrease for lower.
#define VignetteSlope 12                   //[2|4|8|10|12|16] How far away from the center the vignetting will start.

//##[SUBPIXEL DITHERING]
#define DitherMethod 2                     //[1 or 2] 1: Ordered grid dithering(faster), 2: random dithering(higher quality). Hardware dithering is also enabled by default.
#define ShowMethod 0                       //[0 or 1] Shows the dithering method, based of the type of dithering selected. Useful for debugging, and confirmation of working order.

//##[DEBANDING]
#define DebandRadius 32.0                  //[0.0 to 1024.0] Sampling radius, higher values will reduce further banding but might also reduce details.
#define DebandThreshold 0.017              //[0.000 to 0.100] Threshold, higher values will reduce further banding but might also reduce details and increase noise.
#define DebandSampleCount 4                //[1 to 8] Sample count, higher values are better. But also have a higher performance cost.
#define DebandOffsetMode 3                 //[1|2|3] 1 = cross (axis aligned, fast), 2 = diagonal (45 degrees, slower), 3 = box (fully random, slower).
#define DebandDithering 1                  //[0|1|2|3] Additional dithering options to smoothen the output. 0 = No dithering 1 = Ordered dithering, 2 = Random dithering, 3 = Iestyn's RGB dither (Valve).

//##[PX_BORDER]
#define BorderWidth float2(2, 2)           //[0 to 2048, 0 to 2048] (X,Y)-width of the border. Measured in pixels.
#define BorderColor float3(0, 0, 0)        //[0 to 255, 0 to 255, 0 to 255] What color the border should be. In integer RGB colors, meaning 0,0,0 is black and 255,255,255 is full white.

//[END OF USER OPTIONS]

Newgame+ stuff:

You can change the MCs clothes and pick to wear a leather Jacket.... aaaand you get this crap:
YJnD6Nl.jpg

That faggy shit isn't a leather jacket ! :argh:

Thankfully you don't have to see that stupid ass jacket since you can now press "select" and play in first person mode like the previous SMTs :obviously::
8sxDOks.jpg

Some random pics:
6gSGXCR.jpg

bAIvdTZ.jpg

mA4sk6m.jpg

gYL8pqK.jpg

EfD9UZt.jpg

6Uf9WTf.jpg

6Z5RPEy.jpg

7HWWhXO.jpg

rdCYsXa.jpg

Deflowerer

Arcane
Probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing games ever created.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom