Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God of War reboot - now on PC

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/god-of-war/

http://gamingbolt.com/god-of-war-4-ps4-is-a-new-saga-under-development-for-over-three-years

GoW4 is under 3 years in dev and will be released somewhere next year.

In response to a fan’s query on Twitter, Barlog confirmed that the game is a brand new God of War saga, implying that the game will kick start a new story arc, and have sequels continuing its narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was at E3, There's a couple gameplay videos (or at least a trailer/teaser) out there, I might feel inclined to post them here at a later time.

It's going to be about Kratos and his son and you control like both of the characters by giving his son commands and stuff while you fight off the Norse gods.

Edit:

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
GoW4 dude:
god-of-war_td04-605x300.jpg

The other GoW4 dude:
marcusgow4.jpg

Old white bearded dudes (deplorables) are becoming "in" again apparently.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Perfect scores for the most part and everyone seems enamored with the story than gameplay.

IGN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_MtcOznfM4

I think this should seal the fate of DMC like Uncharted sealing the fate of Tomb Raider. Goddamn story fags everywhere, I remember back when reviewers were praising DmC's story... ..fuckin story fags with incredibly low standards. Fuckin Witcher 3 getting 10s with it's unbalanced mess of a gameplay... .. fuckin AC2 screwing up what AC could've been..

Kratos with such emotion, ah! so artsy, fuckin bullshit gaming media. Can't pick people who are capable of playing games to review them.

Martius

Liturgist

In bayonetta or dmc you can mash your way to victory, but not in new god of war.
Its just like lords of rings movies.
Its best action game ever relased and one of best this generation.
I can compare this to mario, zelda and metroid going from 2d to 3d.
:hmmm:
Why do I feel all reviews will be like that? I already heard in another one that game is just like "batman, uncharted, new tomb raider with some elements of metroidvania".

Last edited:

Cross

Arcane
Perfect scores for the most part and everyone seems enamored with the story than gameplay.

I think this should seal the fate of DMC like Uncharted sealing the fate of Tomb Raider.
By that logic Skyrim should have sealed the fate of Dragon's Dogma. Games take years to make. DMC 5 has supposedly been in development for years, so at this point it's not feasible for this God of War game to affect its design philosophy to any significant degree. The Tomb Raider reboot came out six years after Uncharted.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'll just repeat what I said in another thread.

I'm finally playing God of War III. I say finally because I watched that teaser at the end of God of War II ten years ago. I kind of wanted it when I had a PS3, but it wasn't a big priority and I heard bad things about the framerate back then. I keep asking myself as I'm playing why this series had to become another one of those walk and talk over the shoulder (shit for action games) movie games. I don't dislike all those games, but I don't want God of War to be The Last of Us. Yeah, GoW wasn't the best action game, but I liked it for what it was, this epic, brutal adventure that you actually played. All they had to do was improve the controls and mechanics and maybe introduce a new protagonist and mythology. But, to be honest, I was never bothered about Kratos' rage and cruelty. The story has never been that important to me. One of the compliments I sometimes hear about the new God of War is that Kratos is an actual character now. He is sensitive and peaceful now. Give me a break. It's not even the same guy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I was reticent about the new perspective, but after ascension, i was done with the series as it was.

This new game has a bunch of stuff that looks very interesting, especially the no loading and one take camera work, the relationship with his son, the crafting and characters progression, but most of wall the portrayal of the norse pantheon as cunts, their world as being one in decay, and how you as a foreign god get to explore and interact with them.

Regarding the set pieces, the reviews mention that there are larger than life set pieces similar to the old games and that a lot of footage wasnt shown as to not spoil the story.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Gameplay looks brutal enough for me. While over the shoulder shooty games feel flaccid and floaty, well done melee combat can feel like it has more impact with the camera angle, as seen in God Hand. My only worry is that there will be too many of those dumb scenes where you're forced to walk and since you're going nowhere fast you have to read the bad dialogue interactions.

Ash

Arcane
:hmmm:
Why do I feel all reviews will be like? I already heard in another one that game is just like "batman, uncharted, new tomb raider with some elements of metroidvania".

This confirms it's shit. Though God of War was never amazing, but those games are next level decline so....

Also: brofist OP! We need more masterrace gameplayfags in the gaming audience:love:

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
This new game has a bunch of stuff that looks very interesting, especially the no loading and one take camera work, the relationship with his son, the crafting and characters progression, but most of wall the portrayal of the norse pantheon as cunts, their world as being one in decay, and how you as a foreign god get to explore and interact with them.

God of War already had the no loading thing going for it, that was it's thing. No loading screens. Dark Souls 1 also has no loading screens, Jak and Daxter games also has no loading screens, Prince of Persia 2008 has no fuckin loading screen at all ever... .. beat that bitches.

As for the one take camera, Dead Space 2 already had that, and prior GoW games already did that shit within gameplay when you fight the big ass monsters, it was seamless integration of gameplay with cinemati-cism, they only used cut off's during actual cutscenes where the camera had to do cuts to look good. Anyway, MGSV already did this shit and got famous for it so what's the damn point again?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity

God of War already had the no loading thing going for it, that was it's thing. No loading screens. Dark Souls 1 also has no loading screens, Jak and Daxter games also has no loading screens, Prince of Persia 2008 has no fuckin loading screen at all ever... .. beat that bitches.

As for the one take camera, Dead Space 2 already had that, and prior GoW games already did that shit within gameplay when you fight the big ass monsters, it was seamless integration of gameplay with cinemati-cism, they only used cut off's during actual cutscenes where the camera had to do cuts to look good. Anyway, MGSV already did this shit and got famous for it so what's the damn point again?

So edgy, what is your point? That it's shit just because it has been done before? These can still be good features even though they're not something completely new.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Why are you so bitter? :negative:

Kitchen Utensil

What a overhyped shit game, lulz.
That off-center camera, claustrophobic fov, the retarded child, the climbing passages devoid of any gameplay, cinematic finishers and melodramatic cutscenes, and all the 10/10 reviews... yeah, complete shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom