Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline So about these "I donated to__" tags...

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
They're pretty fucking ugly, y'all. Decline, popamole, next-gen crapjuice. Especially when somebody's donated to more than a few. So why not just click the option to not display them? Well, because I do think it nice to show that you've supported these developers. There's just got to be a better way...or place to put them if not a better idea for the tags altogether. Maybe find a way to shove them in the signature area like this:

Discuss?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
zKiOgf9.png
X0mMbDa.png
MreejFe.png
yvirqb7.png

JypfWr6.png
ggAuNmB.png
HFdfYt8.png
FNDH2ta.png
zcnxE9x.png
k4Uf6vS.png
vjuxb2V.png

T7HKCcS.png

jYXE0Bj.png

D7zCP2B.png

wkTecH5.png

qhCAM5r.png

J7zuXPB.png

Its gonna be tough to make these smaller and yet still recognizable.

From another thread.

Amendments..

X3SPSLq.png
PFt4mxt.png
2I0pAqQ.png

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They should be small logos. Very small.

1-5 letter sized seems ok.

ttn w2 d:os

(but with images, for the alt-text obviously... but if you could wing a alt-text with normal text it would be best, because text rendering is ok at all sizes but images suck).
Not 'race traitor sized'
The race traitor tag is amusing, but in 10 years, there are 20 other kickstarted projects things won't look pretty. Unless you're going to remove them once the games come out.
In fact, they already look like shit on members that donated a lot

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I also think that section should come after the Joined date and posts. Simply because not every member will have the same 'volume' there and those sections are predictably one-line.
What? It's aesthetics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it's bad the way the avatar visually merges with the tags.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Tags are ugly as is the news ticker. The race traitor tag was an ok little joke, but now with adding a tag for each Kickstarter it's full retard.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You think people would be aware by now that the fact it looks like a fugly popamole mess is exactly why DU implemented it....

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
The tags are fucking terrible, they should be something more classy and unobtrusive like the Patron tag.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
These are 40x14

Qdn3xjI.jpg
yFhTAKz.jpg
saTSzt2.jpg
efqM6IZ.jpg
LfuHCaj.jpg

fuuugg I dunno. but anything would be better than the existing shit. looks like diarrhea.
Tzaero did a good job.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
On my forum, we use standardized pixel dimensions for badges, regardless of what shape they are. 38 x 38 works well. The biggest problem here is that RACE TRAITOR tag. It's too damned big.

>mfw RPG Codex can't figure out how to make badges not look retarded

wat.png

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
DU fucking up the dex wherever you go.

decline of the decline of the decline

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom