Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline So about these "I donated to__" tags...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I wish these looked more like pokemon gym badges

garren

Arcane
Patron
These tags are fucking horrible, oh my fucking god. :decline:

Look, if someone wants to boast with this shit, then the tags should only be displayed when one visits the profile page of another, where they can be seen in all their glory.

Tags in normal forum messages waste space if the message contents are small, and they look like someone puked all over my screen. Holy shit.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like the ones Cosmic Misogynerd posted better. The current ones aren't awful but they could be sharper and the contrast could be better. Or maybe that's just me.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Look, if someone wants to boast with this shit, then the tags should only be displayed when one visits the profile page of another, where they can be seen in all their glory.

Tags in normal forum messages waste space if the message contents are small, and they look like someone puked all over my screen. Holy shit.

If you're a cunt that does not support the Incline then shut your pie hole. At least like this we see who is a true Gentleman and who is a fucking poseur.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you're a cunt that does not support the Incline then shut your pie hole. At least like this we see who is a true Gentleman and who is a fucking poseur.
Hooray, some other thing to quote than the join date, I have changed my opinion of tags.:roll:

Stabwound

Arcane

Says someone who has one of these tags, what a surprise. It's actually possible to pledge toward these games directly without supporting the Codex Advertising Fund, which might be surprising to learn.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

Says someone who has one of these tags, what a surprise. It's actually possible to pledge toward these games directly without supporting the Codex Advertising Fund, which might be surprising to learn.

Yeah I know. That's why I'm campaigning for those that donated directly to also get a tag. It's only fair that contributions to snake oil merchants like Logic Artists get rewarded.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I know. That's why I'm campaigning for those that donated directly to also get a tag. It's only fair that contributions to snake oil merchants like Logic Artists get rewarded.
DU was pretty irritated having to manually assign people's rewards before finally automating the system - I wouldn't bet on him voluntarily start handing out tags to people that ask for them.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
These tags are fucking horrible, oh my fucking god. Holy shit.

Holy shit yeah it's going to drive me crazy in the less than 400 fucking times I've posted since fucking 2007 I can't fucking believe it. Holy shit.

EDIT: Also I suppose I agree with Bee that I liked the CM ones better but don't really care too much as long as their format and alignment is more :obviously: than the slipshod original situation.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Sorry, it's hard to contain myself when I see bad forum design. All this tag stuff in posts encourages "look how cool I am!" behavior. Poison to communities, yes even the codex.

EDIT: Among the other reasons I gave, of course.

evdk

Patron
I could stuff it in a div to make it easier for you.
Laocoon_Pio-Clementino_Inv1059-1064-1067.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can div's have alt-text. Because the charm of this is mostly on the alt-text. Which i hope changes to something appropriate when some of these games flop and/or are shit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Sorry, it's hard to contain myself when I see bad forum design. All this tag stuff in posts encourages "look how cool I am!" behavior. Poison to communities, yes even the codex.

EDIT: Among the other reasons I gave, of course.

Go back to lurking faggot. Can't wait for DU to implement cool animated signatures and we can also post cool info like:

MY FUXXOR AWESOMERROR RIG!!!

i8-5920 8000 ghz
728 GB RAM
Quad SLI Geforce GTX 990
10 TB SSD

YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!

If we have to have tags I'd personally prefer something like this:
[PE] [W2] [DOS] ['12] etc...

LOL, BBS style forums are dead bro...

DU was pretty irritated having to manually assign people's rewards before finally automating the system - I wouldn't bet on him voluntarily start handing out tags to people that ask for them.

But he's a Mensa guy...has the T-Shirt and balding pate to prove it!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
these are okay, although i preferred the previous ones, they were at least funny

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
test

hmmm the patron thing is ok, but that mini-picture is just... just no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom