Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Saintvicious carrying so hard

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In response to grunkers bingo post, since the forums act oddly around nested quotes.

I'm just saying that every proper argument, which is not "But under very specific conditions he does good", but using actual data and realistic conditions, seems to point towards him being sub-par.

My point has ALWAYS been that twitch is a really fun and very good niche jungler.

Niche, noun:a focused, targetable portion (subset) of a sector.

NICHE!

He is not Lee Sin or bird-style udyr. He's what you pick when you trust your lanemates not to be asshats and/or the enemy picks a jungler you feel like invading.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Non-kwans caring so little

This is literally the highest production league of legends tournament by a wide margin, and I think it may have the biggest prize pool. It also marks the real premiere of Korean talent for all to see in a serious setting (WCG is a joke). You not caring about it just shows a huge lack of worldview, which is funny since I'm the jokingly "america fuck yeah" guy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wouldn't know. I'm at work, not watching the stream. What's the 1st place prize in relation to the 1 mil. 1st place at dreamhack?

Juul

Learned
Non-kwans caring so little

This is literally the highest production league of legends tournament by a wide margin, and I think it may have the biggest prize pool. It also marks the real premiere of Korean talent for all to see in a serious setting (WCG is a joke). You not caring about it just shows a huge lack of worldview, which is funny since I'm the jokingly "america fuck yeah" guy.
Korean E-sports production has always been way better. It's really sad that WE couldn't make it to Hanover, they're really hyped over there.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wouldn't know. I'm at work, not watching the stream. What's the 1st place prize in relation to the 1 mil. 1st place at dreamhack?

First place at Dreamhack was 50k$, lol. The entire prize pool of Dreamhack was 100k$. The prize pool for this is 200 million won (which is about 170k$)

Juul

Learned
NICHE!

He is not Lee Sin or bird-style udyr. He's what you pick when you trust your lanemates not to be asshats and/or the enemy picks a jungler you feel like invading.
So you're saying that he sub-par in almost any situation, except for a few extreme ones, under very specific conditions, in which he maybe has a chance of doing sort of better than some other junglers. If so, I think we have come to an agreement :troll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm saying he's average in most cases and really excels in others. He is on par with just about every other jungler out there, except people get extremely butthurt if you don't copy the compositions of [insert recently streamed pro team here]

But you know what? Forget it. I'm having fun with twitch. I'm having success with twitch. He works but I honestly don't care enough about a bunch of people I don't play with to keep defending something that works. When twitch gets a minute tweak and becomes FOTM I can always pull out the posts like I did with evelynn after Sorakabot or AP carry mid morgana and go "I fucking called it". And then you're all going to be like "Duh, everyone always knew that" like people did with morg after she became top ban following a ½sec reduction on the cast time of her ultimate.

Enjoy your lee sin/udyr. Don't bother trying out jungle twitch even if he works really, really well. Because he's new so he isn't safe. And god forbid people try out something new themselves before dismissing it.

Emily

Arcane
I'm saying he's average in most cases and really excels in others. He is on par with just about every other jungler out there, except people get extremely butthurt if you don't copy the compositions of [insert recently streamed pro team here]

But you know what? Forget it. I'm having fun with twitch. I'm having success with twitch. He works but I honestly don't care enough about a bunch of people I don't play with to keep defending something that works. When twitch gets a minute tweak and becomes FOTM I can always pull out the posts like I did with evelynn after Sorakabot or AP carry mid morgana and go "I fucking called it". And then you're all going to be like "Duh, everyone always knew that" like people did with morg after she became top ban following a ½sec reduction on the cast time of her ultimate.

Enjoy your lee sin/udyr.
I think in the end you are right because of this bolded line. And honestly this is agame intended for fun, unless you are in it for the money : D. And also it is not strange that you can get to even 2100-2200 elo with a twitch, even eve it is possible.
Btw i didnt answer to your post, cause i can't honestly make such in depth posts, i just don't recall the game so much to be able to tell how much cs at what point in time, it has been a while : D....
PS altho in the end i think you will probably just realise some of the things people talked to you about here. That Twitch is acctualy sub par.. When i played lol, i for instance had a similiar view on some champs. I used to really like lux, and i was really good at it, in normals almost alyways i had scores like 15-2-20 or something, and in ranked i could play it reasonably well, had 60 percent win/lose up to 1450 ish elo, but then i just realised she is sub par, realised some other things about the game also, and just never even played lux in the ranked.. And i know for sure that there were even some big names at 2200 elo that played lux, but honestly that dosen't mean she isn't sub par.

Juul

Learned

Enjoy your lee sin/udyr. Don't bother trying out jungle twitch even if he works really, really well. Because he's new so he isn't safe. And god forbid people try out something new themselves before dismissing it.
Holy balls, the amount of butt-hurt in this posts. The only thing i really took from this is that you're having fun with him, which I honestly think is great, and the only reason I'd encourage someone to play Twitch.

I'm not sure if people ever disliked Morg tbh, may just be my memory playing games at this hour. If Twitch ever becomes -GOOD- without receiving a rework or massive buffs, I'll be the first to come on here, and hand over my soul to you. This whole argument has had nothing to do with trying new things (although you seem to retort with this argument along with other strawmen for some reason), it's solely about Twitch.

In conclusion:
1. Every valid argument points towards Twitch being broken (in a bad sense).
2. I'm really glad you're having fun with him, keep on doing so.
3. I'm looking forward to the stealth rework, and I'm really hoping that it's going to be executed well, although I have my doubts.

EDIT: 4. Ezreal is awesome. :cool:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Eh, throughout most of season 1 I had to listen to people raging about morgana not being a real AP carry since she had a "support" label.

When shyvana was released, I got raged at for junglign her because "her ganks are awful as she has no CC".

Twitch really does have the single-strongest ganking kit presently out there. (At level 3 he has a stealth, a nuke with huge range, true damage passive and a 50% aoe slow). Eventually people will pick up on this and we'll have a wonderful, short period of really crazy jungle invasions where wards are spammed everywhere. Then riot will nerf him like they did eve. Remember eve? Everyone were like "lol, eve is trash!" for years. Then for a month, everyone were jungling her because she was really awesome at ganks/invasions due to stealth. Then she got nerfed into oblivion and everyone was like "lol, stealthers are trash".

But again. Meh. I gave my examples and they were considered anecdotal. I linked to a guide and a youtube channel and they were pretty much ignored. If you're not even going to give him a try, it's your loss, not mine. At this point I've really expended as much energy as I care to trying to promote something that's fun and works really well. It's not like whether or not the potatolovers pick up on jungle twitch will have any impact on his viability or my enjoyment of it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Of course you're a BRO bro, BRO-status isn't even on the line in a fucking shouting match about a LoL-champion. I also think DarkUnderlord is a bro, and the shouting match I had with him about AoD is perhaps the biggest I've had with anyone in my time at the 'dex.
DarkUnderlord does not have a brolist.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
They're already changing him, it's called the stealth remake. Granted it's been in the works for almost a year...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
OMG THE PRODUCTION QUALITY ON THIS IS SO HIGH HNNGGGGG

What, you don't like looking at the pimple scarred faces of the competitors for a solid minute?

You watch the Eve streamer, Ulm? It's pretty amazing how bad she is, but he manages to make it work more times than not.

So I too started noobing up the place some days ago, and all I can say is that... Man, I didn't even remember how annoying whining teenagers can be. But anyway. If somebody wants to play, my nick's Persekaira, and I'm playing Karthus, Amumu and Tryndamere now. Especially dig Karthus, I always love it when the opponents start crying... WTF die in my own base noob karthus!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
So I too started noobing up the place some days ago, and all I can say is that... Man, I didn't even remember how annoying whining teenagers can be. But anyway. If somebody wants to play, my nick's Persekaira, and I'm playing Karthus, Amumu and Tryndamere now. Especially dig Karthus, I always love it when the opponents start crying... WTF die in my own base noob karthus!
It's even better when you get killed and manage to get a triple kill before your passive expires. :lol:

So I've been playing LoL for about a year now. It took a few months to reach 30 then a few to become acquainted with my champions then a few to realize the people that introduced me and played together with me weren't very good (we had a ranked team that lost all it's matches) and a few to almost give up on the game. That brings us to now.

I know I could play ranked solo and get good elo since I'm a good player, but I didn't want to play alone since I kept hearing about countless good players dragged down by bad teammates. I had grown bored of easy normals almost to quitting. Then perchance one friend invited me to play ranked duo with him. We owned them. Not only that, but everyone on both teams played average EXCEPT one person...that was me. 10/2/13 with Lulu. I CARRIED my whole team AS A SUPPORT!

I figured it was a fluke. A lucky chance. I played another. I went 9/0/6 playing as Galio. I WAS FORCED TO MID VS. ANNIE! She must have sucked bad or I must be a lot better at this then I think.

As of now I've played rank solo/duo almost a week and have went 6 wins and 2 losses. I've totally re-discovered my love for the game as well now that it's interesting again being challenging and with serious players.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

DakaSha

Arcane
So I've been playing LoL for about a year now. It took a few months to reach 30 then a few to become acquainted with my champions then a few to realize the people that introduced me and played together with me weren't very good (we had a ranked team that lost all it's matches) and a few to almost give up on the game. That brings us to now.

I know I could play ranked solo and get good elo since I'm a good player, but I didn't want to play alone since I kept hearing about countless good players dragged down by bad teammates. I had grown bored of easy normals almost to quitting. Then perchance one friend invited me to play ranked duo with him. We owned them. Not only that, but everyone on both teams played average EXCEPT one person...that was me. 10/2/13 with Lulu. I CARRIED my whole team AS A SUPPORT!

I figured it was a fluke. A lucky chance. I played another. I went 9/0/6 playing as Galio. I WAS FORCED TO MID VS. ANNIE! She must have sucked bad or I must be a lot better at this then I think.

As of now I've played rank solo/duo almost a week and have went 6 wins and 2 losses. I've totally re-discovered my love for the game as well now that it's interesting again being challenging and with serious players.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Gayest and shittiest post in thread

Sincerely,
Dakasha (Quinn)

also riot making stupid april fools days jokes..
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/riot-games-presents-3d-mode

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
In related news, I MUST HAVE THIS SHIT

fizz-screen2.jpg

He can teleport through walls. I don't think it'd be much harder to teleport through a down syndrome manatee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom