Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I stand corrected then.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sounds to me like you just outplayed those olafs.

Level 1-5 riven is stronger than olaf. If she can land an early kill, the lane is pretty much won. At level 6, it get a bit trickier, but a careful riven can still kill an olaf by kiting his ult and baiting him, and will outfarm him. Unless olaf is babysat by his jungler, a riven/olaf lane at equal skill will see riven win more than she loses. She also scales harder, so even if they just trade farm, riven wins.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That's bullshit. Riven can come out on top of trades sometimes if she knows how to play against olaf but I have a hard time believing she'll zone and outfarm an olaf of even skill.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
E-W harrass is pretty awesome, Q negates axe slow.

Anyway, I saw this video today and was like, "sure. Let's try Janna. Never played her but she was in that champ bundle". Premade with a bunch of 1300-1500 elo BROs.

LdGDP.jpg

Bonus content:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Had 1 more game with JANNAAAAAAAA. Even with the swede along I went 1/1/12 with her. I think I may have finally found myself a support I like

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Maybe it's because I'm playing in a premade with teamspeak, but I'm getting off some really sweet monsoons and clutch shields.

Also appropriate to us all:

cad-20120328-d2f00.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Given it's LoL it's unintentionally appropriate that everyone is drawn as if they were yelling. Since we're photoshopping CAD anyway, we should substitute ethans face in that last panel with a gleeful expression. Or maybe a rapeface.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That is simultaneously the funniest and most horrible thing I read today. Have another brofist.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
As an addendum, I'd love to hear under what circumstances you would consider evelynn viable. No mockery, I'd honestly love a chance to play her again without crippling my team.

Well, there's currently a 1900 player on his smurf streaming around 1700 playing as Jungle Evelynn as much as he can get away with it, and when his team doesn't troll him he typically does really well. Basically he abuses her (still) stupid strong ganks early game. I'm not entirely sure how it could be pulled off in tournament play, but I'm sure that if someone paid M5 enough money they'd figure it out.

And yes, I realize what I said about M5 is a bit of a strawman, but really, has a pro team put forth the effort to make evelynn viable? No, because it's too situational to invest their time into.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, there's currently a 1900 player on his smurf streaming around 1700 playing as Jungle Evelynn as much as he can get away with it, and when his team doesn't troll him he typically does really well. Basically he abuses her (still) stupid strong ganks early game.

Ok, I'm genuinely confused now. Twitch has a better clear speed and sustain (although it's still decidedly mediocre) than evelynn. his stealth is equally good, his damage output with expunge is higher at early levels and debilitating poison slows more than eves stealth AND is AoE. Also, he is ranged meaning he is at less of a disadvantage mid/lategame than a melee champion once people have oracles. How is 1700 ELO jungle eve viable and my 1400-1600 ELO jungle twitch not?

[edit]

I also realized it's been a while since I tagged Darth Roxor and posted a youtube video he will probably hate. sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom