Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jasede I am TheVault13Dweller on LoL. I've often played with metaSHODAN and WholesaleGerbils. They are both great players.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If I ever mention the idea to soloQ again, someone fucking slap me in the face with a frozen trout and rape me with it afterwards.

Yeah. After getting up to glorious gold I fell down to high 1400s. Basically, as long as my team has no ragers and no big-time feeders, we tend to win, but it's really a matter of playing the long-game numbers wise. Last game featured a glorious jungle karthus that constantly died to the enemy lee sin, then screamed at us "THIS IS WHAT U FK NOOBS GET FOR TALKING SHIT" when nobody said anything to him in champ select other than confirming that he was indeed jungling and not going mid.

hey no that's not how it works your elo is a clear expression of your abilities

a wise american once told me so

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I heard from a very reputable source that if you really deserved your gold ELO you should be able to pull yourself there by playing normally.

Glorious strangeness does indeed abound in ranked queue. Yesterday I witnessed a jungle mumu without smite. (Fortunately I was Janna and shielded him 4-5 times so he didn't die at blue buff). I also saw a vlad who kept insisting he was "winning" his lane because he had 0/2/0 and 80ish CS while the enemy fizz was merrily ganking everywhere, 8/0/2 but only 60ish CS. An Ashe who initially seemed sensible enough, complaining loudly she wouldn't pull for jungle because it would waste her free crit -- then immediately went into her lane and spent it on last-hitting a caster minion. She then used her flash to turret dive a corki with heal at level 1, died and spent the next 15 minutes cursing out "fkn low usless janna" (me) for not rendering her invulnerable with my level 1 shield. And a paticularly dense lee sin who kept insisting he'd come gank top "right away" for 20 minutes while a riven desperately tried to hold a 2v1 at bay while enemy jungler was babysitting.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Yeah. After getting up to glorious gold I fell down to high 1400s. Basically, as long as my team has no ragers and no big-time feeders, we tend to win, but it's really a matter of playing the long-game numbers wise. Last game featured a glorious jungle karthus that constantly died to the enemy lee sin, then screamed at us "THIS IS WHAT U FK NOOBS GET FOR TALKING SHIT" when nobody said anything to him in champ select other than confirming that he was indeed jungling and not going mid.

guess now his elo is

a true display of skill

:yeah:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After a little break I managed to climb up to 1300, even won a 4vs5 game. Our Kog melted everything in sight, even free farm Shen that had a free lane for 15 minutes after our Yorick dc'ed.
I noticed good players climbed up to 2600 GRUNKERs, now the gap is even larger, i would take a regular scrub a 150 games win streak to get close. 2k was something to dream to achieve,
but soon the difference in elo will be 2k between pros and the scrubs.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
After a little break I managed to climb up to 1300, even won a 4vs5 game. Our Kog melted everything in sight, even free farm Shen that had a free lane for 15 minutes after our Yorick dc'ed.
I noticed good players climbed up to 2600 GRUNKERs, now the gap is even larger, i would take a regular scrub a 150 games win streak to get close. 2k was something to dream to achieve,
but soon the difference in elo will be 2k between pros and the scrubs.

...and then season 3 starts and everyone's GRUNKERs are reset to 1200-1550 depending on their S2 GRUNKER

I don't know man. When your team is Vlad, Vayne, Lulu, Galio and Trynd you HAVE to drag it to late game, otherwise it's just a waste of 20 minutes.

Yes, but with some people, it's a waste of 20 minutes anyway and often a waste of even more time because this "never give up, never surrender" attitude... Somebody left instantly, it's something like 2-32 and one player is a moron. Let's fight on!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So much glorious, delicious butthurt over my views on elo. I've said over and over that it's a matter of playing the long-game. The better you are, the less time you have to spend dicking around to get to a good rating. Since I'm not a platinum player, it's not an effortless task to get to gold after having a couple bad games. Regardless, I'm back up to gold after refocusing on the champs I'm strong with.

So yes, the elo system, while flawed, does work.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
If I ever mention the idea to soloQ again, someone fucking slap me in the face with a frozen trout and rape me with it afterwards.

Actually I did very clearly say you have to continue playing many games. And I said it right there in the quote. But yes, hardy har har Phage experienced some trolls.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Just posting cause it's cool:

5a5e37101de5995c8f5320d436aea3db-d4vqkrx.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
MaTTcom's the same guy who made the (relatively) famous Dragon Master Swain, Astronautilus, 50's Beach Girl Leona, Demon Soraka, Judge Trundle, and Solari Hunter Anivia skin splash arts.

The sad thing is he's applied to Riot multiple times and hasn't been hired.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So right to left, that's Teemo (Bromo?), Gragas (Graggybro? Grogas?), Brorelia (duh), Brolaf and who are the last 2? Riven and Taric?

Phage said:
Demon soraka
demon_soraka_by_mattcomgo-d4tg5sp.jpg

Do want.

The guy has a gallery there (AstroNautilus, Kung Fu Annie, Judge Trundle and 50's beach girl Leona are all pretty spiffy):
http://mattcomgo.deviantart.com/gallery/

On the topic of DO WANT:

68%20-%20Ayanor%20-%20EUW.jpg

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Soraka and Urgot bot both with Heal, Soraka starting with Mana manipulator and Urgot with Meki pedant+2 hp. Sustain as a motherfucker and Urgot is good on mana like hes having a blue buff. We are Blitz and Ashe, a no heal lane. Took us 15 minutes to get a first kill.

I ban Soraka in every game i get to ban. Swear to god, id rather be against fed Morgana instead of good Soraka.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sorakas are fucking annoying yeah. Infinite armor makes trading in lane impossibru.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No, exhaust reduces armor but ignite means her heal spell will have a harder time topping people up once your mid arrives to deal magic damage (which ignores armor)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Well, there are just a myriad of things.

- That item build means they have no wards, which means your jungler should have just ganked the fuck out of that lane.
- Urgot using a meki pendant means: No boots, so easier to land blitz grabs/gank him and No doran's for extra damage/durability/last hitting more easily, and it means he has to sell the pendant or build a manamune which is frankly sub optimal
- Soraka getting mana manipulator means she's getting an even later philo, even later boots, even later hog, even later wards, and has to sell it or build a soulshroud (which frankly is a shitty item)
- It doesn't matter if you get a kill or not. As long as Ashe has equal farm (or realistically even up to 15 less farm) than that urgot, Ashe won the lane since she scales much better due to her passive slow and free gold from E. The fact that you mention that you got a kill and they didn't leads me to believe you ultimately won the lane regardless.
- How is a good soraka better than a fed morgana? A good soraka, in a teamfight will... silence the appropriate target, heal/armor someone for a fairly small amount (in the grand scheme of things that is) and hit R and heal 1-2 attacks worth of health from everyone. Meanwhile a fed Morgana will hit R and collect free elo.

I'm not saying that Soraka is bad by any stretch of the imagination, but honestly, at least on the pro level, her real power is coming from being a solid support that can heal through some kill lanes, and a situational counterpick mid (as proven by dignitas)

As for the soraka and armor thing... while the boost of armor is real nice, it's only for 5 seconds on an ability that has a 20 second cooldown.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
While our lane was more offensive, its bloody annoying knocking Urgot to 20% health, to have him healed and leech him down once more in the same fight to have him healed again, and again and again. And if he ults then its no easier. All the time hes doing damage and running away from you. And if he hits my carry with E then its no problem for him to make my carry back off.
This quadra heal shit is so fucking annoying when im playing bot lane. Its like I need to triple the damage from somewhere. And when playing solo-q i dont really expect mid or jungler to come ganking. Oh, and i dont use Ignite bot, just Exhaust to take the heat of my carry. And I dont give a shit what tier or who plays her pro, its just how I experience her. Like pure hatred, like I had for Irelia. But these days Irelia=meh, thank god.

My new Blitz build is more of a sustain/regen type so i lack damage and attack speed to be of any threat besides the usual combo. It allows me to dive and take lots of beatings and still regen to full in a minute or two but doesnt have that killer hit-like-a-truck thing like ad/crit blitz(QE+Sheen+Crit+Ult+Ignite=best combo eva). It means I need to rely on the other dude, but if hes mediocre or just bad then were fucked. Underfarmed Blitz with a weak carry means gg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom