Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It means I need to rely on the other dude, but if hes mediocre or just bad then were fucked. Underfarmed Blitz with a weak carry means gg.
If? :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, as some of you may recall, I went on extreme tilt a while ago, dropping from 1572 GRUNKERs to 1300 GRUNKERs.

Well, last week, I played about 10 ranked games in a row. Lost two.

So yesterday, I played about 15 ranked games in a row. Lost one.

:yeah:

Now at 1521 and rising. Of course, a shitton of luck was involved - no DCs on enemy teams but plenty of retards and shit like that. Had some bad luck myself too. We won a veritable 3v5 in one game, which was pretty sick. Playing Mordekaiser mid at anything below 1400 really worked out. People cannot play against him at those ELOs, and a fed, farmed Mordekaiser carries like a boss against bad teams. I even bought a skin for the cocksucker out of sheer gratitude. From there on (1400+) switch to other strong mid laners - people are good enough to have figured out Morde by then.

I use Galio - he usually wins lane, never loses it by much if he loses it, and he has fairly strong ganks as well as staying relevant throughout the whole game. His counterpicks are stuff like Pantheon/GP/that sortta stuff, or mid and top switching in clever ways, but people don't seem to either send the aforementioned mid or switch top and mid. I wonder at which ELO they're gonna start to do that. I'd love to buy a skin for him but they are all ugly as fuck :(

I also switched to using Ashe as my AD Carry when I play that. She's just solid. The Q is one of the best AD Carry skills in the game IMO.

Jungle I use Noc or GP and would like to start using Nautilus, though only when I'm fairly late in the picks and they've pick a passive jungler.

Support I play whatevs, except Sona 'cause I fucking suck hard on that bitch.

Top I try to avoid playing - it is easily my worst position. When forced top I play GP/WW/Shen and will probably start training Vladimir (I play Vlad OK, but I'm not used to playing him top).

So... What's you guys Solo Queue strat, those of you who play? Phage? Darth Roxor?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, for those of you who don't know it, check out lolking.net. Best fucking website in the world. Tons of stats.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
So... What's you guys Solo Queue strat, those of you who play?

I haven't played enough games to talk of a 'strat' per se (I have like 30 solo queue games), but I've noticed so far that often unconventional picks work well because most people at this rating don't know anything against them (MANtheon being one of them - I always laff hard when someone instalocks morgana thinking he's just won the game, and then BAM, spears all over the place. Also had a couple of lulzy games with Shen before he got buffed).

I usually try to frequent mid, but that's hard to do when you are first or second pick, it's like asking to get countered (unless you take malzahar, but out of 4 games with malz I won only 1 because he is, unfortunately, sort of team dependent late game unlike numero uno and the sorts). I try to avoid both AD carry and jungling because I kind of suck with carries (but if I really need to play it, I grab Ashe - she's just #1), and I don't even have any 'gamebreakingly good' junglers (or the patience to deal with constantly pushing tards that then yell 'OMG 0 GANGS'). Support is ok, preferrably Janna, she's always been the one I liked the most. I don't often go top, but I like going there because that's more often than not the fotm lane - if you know how to kick the arse of whatever the tards currently take there 24/7 because it's 'sure win lol no counters!', you've got a match made in heaven (like the enemy picking Shen - OOPS, HAVE FUN WITH THAT WARWICK BRO).

Still, my fav spot is mid, and I usually go for high risk/high reward stuff (that often backfires), like Malzahar (if your team is a bunch of tards there's no way in hell you can carry alone late game), Jizz (getting a single trollpole too early/too late can get you killed) or Kassadin (hello, hope you enjoy having a twitch mid (true story, got raped like hell), but unfortunately Kass is also banned like 24/7, so meh).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yes. I don't have the patience or dedication to get good enough at this game to be able to carry a team on my back, so I just gave up.

It still baffles me how terrible lol players can be. I mean, you would assume that after hundreds of matches people would at least learn the basics.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, life's full of wonderful little mysteries like that :M

Play something enough... and sometimes, in solo queue, you gotta play dat AD Carry man.

I've gotten worse at top if such a thing is even possible though.

Juul

Learned
So someone on reddit reported seeing a Pulsefire Ezreal skin being implemented in this mini-patch. Are you ready for the Ezreal spam?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ezrael is cool and also countered by sivir. In other words I AM REDDEH.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The stereotypical BR only plays hard carries like Tryndamere or Yi. I don't know what spawned that meme...

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
3gold/10 with runes + 2 from masteries + turtle/philo/sword = ending with equal or with more cash as the carry Im laning with. Few wards here and there(20-30 during the game) but still lots leftover for Triforce/Yoummus/Frozen Heart. Quite a funny Blitz build this one, starts out kinda weak but instead of staying on a so so low threat level it ramps up in late game like a mad mofo with 3 sec Power fist and Yoummus active. Eats carrys in a sec if you catch em.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
We should go to BR server and go shit like support Olaf while spamming "NA? EURO?" and "HAHAHAHAHA"

The stereotypical BR only plays hard carries like Tryndamere or Yi. I don't know what spawned that meme...
This slanderous post started it all. Here the villain explains himself.

NA? EU? JUNGLE ASHE No. 1! Always arrow! Slow all! Gank and farm jungle same time! HAHAHAHAHA!

US? USA?? HAHAHA CENTRO OU ALIMENTAR! Sou forte centro! (lock Leona)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do your games happen to last 2 hours?
Some of them. NO.
I do get a decent amount of kills and assists too in these last games Ive played on par with the carry.
Blitz is much much more agressive than the rest of the support guys.
Last game on lolking.net, 5/2/15 with 10,994 gold and Ashe I was laning with was 6/1/11 with 11,207 gold.
Game before it I had 2k gold more than Kogmaw. And game before It 1k less than Cait.
Good site, brofist to whoever posted it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom