Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jasede you should play on the :obviously: EU east

Mystary!

Arcane
Watching some kind of tournament, top teams from across the planet. Some unusual champions picked, but I'm probably not updated ont he new meta but Morgana, Lee Sin, Nocturne
Cassiopeia is being picked or banned like every match, Cass in particular was considered on the same lame level of Eve and Twitch not long ago.
What ever happened to Annie Malzahar Brand Vlad from dreamhack? Has the game changed that much already that theyre no longer viable or are people just bored with them?
Link: http://www.own3d.tv/live/17484
Edit: Canada versus North America in the final, hardly a suprise.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
AAAAh. Fuck ranked.
"hi, its my first game with Renekton"
"Im AP singed" that didnt even got a catalyst going 1/9/1 in first 20 minutes.
Next game im trolling too, fuck this. How about Blitz with Deathfire Grasp, or AD Galio?
Elo hell, here i come.

I just saw a guide on leaguecraft, with a five out of six rating, recommending Tiamat as a core item on Sion. Am I wrong or is this retarded? I thought Tiamat was useless.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Why do people read guides that aren't written by high level players? You can find a lot on TSM and a few on Mobafire.

Lupus

Liturgist
Grunker said:
What Phage said. And beware The Dyrus (he's basically a high ELO troll).
I know he made that troll guide to Jax, but he actually wrote the second one and it's pretty good . He even edited item build in troll one, because to many people followed it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, there are a couple of guides not written by high-elo players that have been very, very good.

My own literary masterpieces aside, Hyfe's guide pretty much single-handedly made solotop Nasus popular. All of GiRLSTAR's guides were very well written (though severely out of date by now). There are plenty of other guides written by people who never hit 1600 ELO that are quite good.

In fact, for many people, I'd advice them to adopt a build and playing style that fits their current elo, rather than pretending to be a platinum player with a platinum build. Build to match your opponents. If none of them are stacking MR/Armor then don't buy the last whisper/void staff. If you seem to be doing really good, buy the bloody mejai's that pros scoff at. Take a riskier jungle path at sub-1400 ELO, it's not like the risk of you getting counterjungled is all that high down there.

Phage said:
Why do people read guides that aren't written by high level players? You can find a lot on TSM and a few on Mobafire.

Broheim, I don't even follow the lol tournaments, how the heck am I supposed to know which players are high levels?

I ahve tried to find out though, that was why I asked for sites with high quality lol discussion earlier in this thread. But my quest for these sites is ever elusive, I still don't know where these pro players go to discuss pro items and pro strategies

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Grunker said:
What Phage said. And beware The Dyrus (he's basically a high ELO troll).

Dyrus is indeed a troll, but he's actually a really nice guy. All the time he's helping people out with improving their game, you just have to read between the jokes.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Bros

Don't play with randoms this week. Just. Don't. So many retarded maokais, rumbles and cassiopeias it's making my brian melt.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This day is not finding me well at all. 3 games and every singe game I have one teammate that is utterly retarded(admittedly I sucked a lot first game as Cass tho).

Especially have to love the second game where I get called a noob by an enemy Wukong whose stats are inferior to mine in every way(less kills, more deaths, less assits and a lot lower creep score) BUT DAT DONT MATTER CUS YOU MISSED ONE SKILLSHOT!

And third game, holy shit. "Morgana just stunned the entire enemy team! Oh well, better stay back behind this turret, it would be most ungentlemanly to attack"

:x

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Five enemies in middle lane in front of the turret.

Darth Roxor, Shen, Stays by said turret to protect it.

Allied teemo rushes into enemy team to solo it. Dies.

'OMG SHEN WAKE UP.'

Okay...

Then an allied Tryndamere dies somewhere on the map

'SHEN...'

Herpderp.

Then, again at the turret, there's five allied dudes and five enemy dudes in turret range behind a creep wave. Darth Roxor dashes into the whole enemy mob and uses fortify, hoping that his allies will follow him to victory. They don't. Darth Roxor dies, his allies follow soon because they try soloing the enemy team again one-by-one.

'CHEN UR SUCH A BAD TANK.'

'WORST SHEN EVER.'

A day like every day in the life of a Shen

Mystary!

Arcane
Protip: Some communication can go a long way. Always ping before engaging.

So I bought some new champs. Lee Sin is the hard. Can't get a hang of him at all just fail over and over with every fucking skill. Noc on the other hand, 5 wins in a row owning face, that fear just completly tips the balance of every fight.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So I logged on to lol. Got a message from a friend. "Hey Ulminati! We're doing a friendly custom game of SR and need a 10th player. You game?"

Long story short, it is now considered "cheating" if I pick Morgana in a friendly game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Season 1 ranking: 927

Season 2 ranking: 1427

Have I gotten that much better? Not really. ELO hell exists for sure.

But a big FUCK YOU to those who are all herp derp EUNE is polish guys and kurwa and russians and no team-work and shit. After reaching 1427 ranking people talk in the chat, generally play solid (not necessarily well, but they have an understanding of the basic concepts), and picks and bans are discussed in the chat. Haven't had a game yet without support+carry bot, AP mid, strong top and a jungler. It is a veritable heaven compared to the ranking I was at in season 1. Even the games I've lost have been alright.

Grunker: Proud to be a member of the Potato Defense Squad :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom