Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Doesn't a voidstaff effectively give you 40% true damage anyways? Besides, by the time you have enough AP for the scaling and MR to matter, you'll be level 18 anyways.

Maybe if you're going against a lot of melee heroes, I suppose Q would be better for abusing the splash potential, but trying to beat W on mana efficiency or DPS with Q would require some truly stellar MR I think.

DakaSha

Arcane
just stopping in to apply for some kool kredits by mentioning that xi sounds like a tard. k cya :salute:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
DamnedRegistrations said:
Also, best part about the ult: you know when you're in/near a fight and some fucker is escaping with 10 hp a whole screen away? This is the ONLY fucking hero that can just run over and fucking pop them.

Kassadin :M

But her Q gives her true damage that scales with AP. True damage. That scales.

Scales 0.35 :troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I guess they've at least succeeded making an interesting champ since we're all talking 'bout her. I haven't been that impressed by champion designs lately. Ahri is the first one I've bought in ages.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Meh, not really interesting. Just another cheap Kassadin knock-off, like Fizz M:

Also, everyone finds her interesting because they are Narutards :rpgcodex:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
Kassadin knock-off, like Fizz M:

u mad bro?

Darth Roxor said:
Also, everyone finds her interesting because they are Narutards :rpgcodex:

You should've heard me rage over her animu character design yesterday.

I like her because she's an honest to god AP carry, something we haven't seen since Xerath who bored me to tears.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Grunker said:
u mad bro?

r00fles!

You should've heard me rage over her animu character design yesterday.

Ask me about anime
feng2b.jpg

Also: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=1394096

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... 6#18385786

Ionic Spark

Now purchasable on Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline
Chain lightning proc increased to 120 from 100.
[ionic spark stats: 2300 gold
50 Attack Speed, 250 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Every fourth attack deals 120 magic damage to up to 4 targets. (400 Bounce Range)]

Ninja Tabi

+30 Armor
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces the damage taken from non-turret basic attacks by 10%.
UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2

Ninja tabi is made slightly worse as the new dmg reduction is less than the average mitigation with 12% dodge, + dmg mitigation doesn't stop on hit effects like kog's W and vaynes silver bolt.

For the Ionic spark, I struggled a bit with where to place it. I don't think AD carries will use it since the passive doesn't get stronger with crit and a phantom dancer will typically do more for them than this one. I do on the other hand think that the spark is a good addition as a third item to an atmogs recipe, since teamfights will start break out around the time you have finished your atmogs, and with atmogs you have enough AD to make the AS worthwhile, and the passive looks like it can deal some decent damage in a teamfight and make a tanky deeps disruptive enough to matter. Time will show though.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I think I liked it more when the tentative passive was that you could walk over minions, just like in Ghost. Anyway, I find a 10% damage reduction more reliable than a 12% dodge with sustained damage. True, it doesn't stop on hit effects but it's one of the points of removing dodge.

Xi

Arcane
Grunker said:
Xi said:
If you get decent elo, stop playing ranked.

Someone doesn't even know what he doesn't know.

Look up ELO decay. I'll wait.

25 a week, doesn't go below 1400. So, if you hit 1800+ it'll be months before you lose your high ELO. My point stands.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, got back into LoL after taking a 5-week break.

Ahri is fun to play. I'm rusty as hell. Xi sounds like a dumbass.

Damned Registrations

re Kassadin: If the enemy team can't kill you in 5 seconds before your next blink is up when you try and blink past the tanks, they're doing something wrong. The mobility Ahri has is on a different level. You can literally start out of an enemy's attack range, and be standing on top of them AFTER they've used flash, while yours is still free.

Also, dat kiss is fucking awesome combined with that much mobility. Been screwing over so many Volibears with it, when they charge up to you or a near death ally only to be stunned for the last second of the charge.

She has some issues laning against heroes with good range abilities though. You can't land kiss through a creep wave, orb is too slow at long range, and fires won't hit more than once from long range either. Trying to fight Annie or Brand with boots is a total pain, since getting in range to land anything gets you blasted and probably stunned.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've found the trick to lane vs. Brand is top farm passively at long range until level 6. Then bait his W (or better yet E + Q combo) and dodge with ult, getting close to him. Spam him with spells. At this point, 2 more ults and ignite should finish him. If not, you're Q will be up for the kill.

Even if you fail, your ult means you can dodge everything except his E if you react quickly enough.

I'm still finding her damage to be on the low side, but it's a tricky business. Her mobility is, indeed, INSANE and true damage is notoriously hard to scale. Also, her W deals a fairly good amount of damage if you can proc all three strikes on one target.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Yes... yes! YES!!!! @_@

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=1609467

Shen

Vorpal Blade
Energy cost changed to 60 from 70/65/60/55/50
Healing effect reduced to 10/16/22/28/34 from 18/26/34/42/50
Healing effect now also heals for 2% of attacker's maximum health per hit
Shen gets the heal if he last hits with Vorpal Blade
Single target damaging spells can now also trigger Vorpal Blade instead of just attacks
Feint
Feint now grants 20/25/30/35/40 Armor while it's active
Feint duration increased to 3 from 2.5
Cost increased to 50 from 45
Shadow Dash
Cooldown changed to 11-9 from 10
Energy cost reduced to 100 from 120-100
Taunt Duration increased to 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
Restores 40 Energy per champion affected, from 50 Energy if you affect one
Ki Strike
Bonus Damage from Health increased to 12% from 8%
Cooldown is now reduced by 0.5 seconds for minion hits in addition to 2 seconds for champion hits

@_@ !!!!!!!!!!

My name is Darth Roxor, and I approve of this immensely.

Mystary!

Arcane
Nice, especially the vorpal blade buff, I always hated that you miss out on healing if you last hit with it.

Lupus

Liturgist
Holy shit, Roku is working at Riot in QA? Damn, I remember him streaming Lux all day long...

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Also, the latest development in Darth Roxor's 'Let's make cleverly retarded Shen builds' department.

Strategy:

Instalock Shen and say 'I go solo top'.

You start with a rejewvenation bead + 1 ward + health potions. You go solo top and start FARMIN' LIKE MAD. On your first trip home, you get emblem of valour + heart of gold. This should boost your early survivability neatly, give you gold and some extra damage (boots are for suckers).

Next trip home, you take boots and the first part of Triforce (sheen or phage) if you kick ass, or something defensive (negatron cloak or chain vest (warden's mail if you have enough geld)) if you are getting whooped. Next stop is your triforce. Then you finish whatever defensive item you started (randuin's omen or abyssal sceptre).

Then you get stark's fervor. Yes, stark's fervor. Why? Because it's all kinds of awesome, and with that + triforce + armour overload you'll be killing the enemy AD carry in a 1v1 and yelling 'r00fles!' on all chat. Then you finish your second defensive item (again, randuin's omen/abyssal sceptre) and get rylai's as last item for more AP and HP.

Teleport + whatever for summoner spells. Teleport is important in laning phase to save a bro with ult and immediately teleport back to your lehn.

Best build ever :M

Damned Registrations

Just played Sivir for the first time. Two thoughts:

1. Sivir is pretty fucking awesome. Boomerang hits like a truck and clears creep waves quickly later on. Ult is a proper team affecting ult that changes entire fights. Instead of some crappy nuke or self buff like a lot of heroes seem to get.
2. Ahri gets RAPED by spellshields. All her spells are too slow and predictable, so you can always throw one up when you see it coming. Hell, you can throw one up and walk into one not aimed at you for the free mana half the time.

Why aren't more people playing Sivir right now? She's free and counters the fuck out of Ahri mid, which is also really popular right now.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
DamnedRegistrations said:
Why aren't more people playing Sivir right now? She's free and counters the fuck out of Ahri mid, which is also really popular right now.

Because people still have her old version in mind. People also suck. I've played Sivir a couple of times since her buffs and I agree, she's totally awesome right now.

Playing with a friend that recently started, JESUS CHRIST HOW BAD IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET

Everyone and their mother packs heal of course, and everyone and their mother packs AD carry build - TF, teemo, GP, all of them and at the same team. Worst thing is that it works, because you can trust your team to feed them. Your lane placement is, as they say, only a guideline if that, because top mid and bot are all roaming in total anarchy. Luckily the enemy are not too bright either of course, staying in base with 60 hp with no regen to talk about. The idea of splitpush is completely foreign, if there are one or two people pushing top this means that the entire team with no exceptions must immediately rush top. AAAARGH

Jungling udyr with this was fail. I think I will play nasus next.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Bought Twitch becasuse... fuck if I know. Any good pointers on how to play him (or not)? Seems fun enough to play as a fairly standard AD champ with Wit's End, but ended up in a retarded team against a retarded enemy team composition (which of course stomped us good) first time I tried him out.

Optimal strategy at low (summoner lvl <15) lvl games: Roaming. Seriously, the enemy team won vs ours when they were one man down. Why? Because when people at this level observe someone at bot lvl being ganked by a 4 man rape squad, and the tower isn't pushed afterwards, they do not see this as a call for caution when being mid. Same story with mid-->top. So a roaming band of bros can simply wander up and down and get a kill each time.

Damned Registrations

Realized something interesting yesterday. I've been rushing Mejai's as first or second item lately (yeah yeah bad idea whatever) and I realized that whatever the mechanical benefits of the item, it has another much more important effect that is worth every penny: it makes me play better. I spend less time idly farming, and stay alive much more, don't play aggressively when I can get killed, etc.

Sitting on a pile of IP now and unsure if I want to buy a champ with it or keep stockpiling for runes when I hit 20. I'm going to need like 8000 IP or something for a full set of tier 3 runes. But at the same time I kind of want to pick up a tank/support char, simply because I've been getting a lot of matches lately with way too many carries/assassins on the team. I've got Kayle, but don't really like the playstyle much. Who else would be good for that kind of role? Is Galio worth the price? I never see him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom