Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

Joghurt

Augur
Getting points in choppers is quite easy. I just flew around the map and hovered over the flags to capture them until I got flares and heat seekers - 350 points for each flag.

Anyway I played as a recon yesterday and I loved it. DICE finally made recon useful thanks to the MAV. I was getting 2000-3000 point in round only from spotting shit and I have a feeling that my team won most of the rounds because of my MAV. It was pretty awesome.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Problem is, an assault with IR scope can spot most of the thing on the battlefield and contribute quicker on the field, though I have to agree, MAV is pretty good feature of the class.

Support PKP gun is starting to annoy me. There's literally a bunch of ppl running with those and owning ppl left and right and I'm not sure how he does that with no attachment to it. Sheet~!

JrK

Prophet
RK47 said:
That thing is a problem. Finally got it on my G3 and.... this changed EVERYTHING. I was shooting at people before they even realized I was there.

Support PKP gun is starting to annoy me. There's literally a bunch of ppl running with those and owning ppl left and right and I'm not sure how he does that with no attachment to it. Sheet~!
You mean the Pecheneg or the RPK? Haven't got the former but the latter is just an AR with 15 more bullets and more manageable recoil. I do have experience with the SAW, recoil on that thing is still manageable but not for long ranges. A bipod solves that problem, I prone + bipod a lot in unexpected corners and get a few kills before moving up. Or use it to keep tabs on a flank of my team. :salute:

RK47

Patron
The pecheneg. heard its damage is higher than average assault rifle. >_> and SCAR is actually as powerful as the G3, if that is correct, the Dice is insane.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Steve said:
Trash said:
I absolutely hate it when the single crash of the evening is during the best game of the evening. Fuck that.

And I suck at choppers. Absolutely suck at them. Any tips?

Get a good pilot and a gunner(both should be on somekind of voip), coordinate with jets to take down the AA tanks(you need bros for this), fly low and use geometry and buildings to take cover from locks.

Is it me or have they nerfed jihad jeeps?

definitely nerfed JJs

even in BFBC2 it was almost a guaranteed kill against a tank from behind, now... not so much :'(

RK47

Patron
Haha just finished 64 player operation metro for the first time. OMFG that map is retardo land.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
RK47 said:
Haha just finished 64 player operation metro for the first time. OMFG that map is retardo land.

It's fucking awful once the rushing team reaches the exit of the station. Holy shit those doorways might as well be portals to hell.

Joghurt

Augur
Holy shit SKS rifle rocks in CQB. I was putting enemies down left and right when I got the russian aimpoint scope, but when I got IR scope...holy shit I'm pretty much owning everything that doesn't have an engine.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
The SCAR-H is a damn Monster. It's in my Opinion the best SMG. How long does it take to unlock the G3? Did not play Coop...mainly due to not having any friends. :smug:

JrK

Prophet
Scar-H and G3 are both 7.62 ammo guns so they probably gave them extra damage for that. G3 is pretty awesome as well, though it is kind of inaccurate and harder to control, but the Scar has the same thing. To unlock the G3, play 35-40 missions, but I heard it's even faster if you play the last one up to the bomb defuse and intentionally fuck that up and restart.

ironyuri

JrK said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :rage:

Every single server I been to the last two days has quickly turned into one team steamrolling the other up to spawn. I ain't playing bad either, having kdr > 1.5 and/or topping the losing team, but fuck this is annoying. Games ain't fun when enemy is outflanking you at every turn and you just don't have the manpower to stop anything.

looks like your team needs additional pylons...

:smug: :M

RK47

Patron
It's a hard game to balance when they amped up the kill speed. It's not even funny seeing some guy with MG just mowing down 3-4 people in a row when advancing in a tight alley.

Oh, also 4 mortar teams in Seine Crossing. It's a very hard concept for the regular crowd to understand that lying prone in the open won't protect you from shells, goddamit.

Overall, this game is turning into a clusterfuck without good communication options, commorose doesn't do jack shit and maps are fuck-all on information. There's fun if I can get on gunner heli seat but at this rate, I might just take a break until Karkand is out since 3 out of 9 maps sucked ass.

JrK

Prophet
RK47 said:
It's a hard game to balance when they amped up the kill speed. It's not even funny seeing some guy with MG just mowing down 3-4 people in a row when advancing in a tight alley.
Really agree, compared to BC2 it takes only half to three-quarters the bullets to kill anyone, AND weapons are way more accurate (less random deviation) AND the hitreg is better. Even on non-hardcore I notice I mow down guys. In BC2 the best assault rifle with magnum still had to fire 5 bullets to kill anyone close range, and 6 long range IF you used magnum ammo. In BF3 the best assault rifles need 3 or 4 close range and 4 to 6 long range.

According to this list time-to-kill is roughly HALF of that in BC2. So add more accuracy and better hitreg and this becomes a slaughterfest.

Overall, this game is turning into a clusterfuck
Not on 32p. It was on 64p but I stopped playing on those for that exact reason. 32p allows flanking even on Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar (turning those maps into my favourites).

3 out of 9 maps sucked ass.
Again, I find only 1 map really sucks on 32p conquest (metro) and 1 map sucks on 32p rush (firestorm). On 64p I could only tolerate Caspian, Firestorm and Canals. There are few totally awesome maps though, the rest are merely okay. The sad fact is that DICE does not deliver consistent quality for maps (the same for BC2). They seem to have no idea about what makes good approach to objectives, which often results in advantage to one team. On OP Firestorm rush for instance, you have to traverse this entire open part of the map before taking down the first two MCOMs, while the enemy team can hide in buildings/towers and tear your vulnerable troops/vehicles apart.

Mystary!

Arcane
In bf2 you could compare guns and see damage/stability/rate of fire. Where do I do this in bf3?
Have they removed spotting in HUD? I can only see spotted enemies on the map now for some reason. Also cross hair seems to be disabled on most servers. Is this part of the "hardcore" mode?

This improved my fps by a ton btw: http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienwa ... ivers.html

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
64 player is only fun on a handful of maps, otherwise go with 32 to max 50. What I absolutely loathe is the incredible stupidity of the player base. The whole concept of teamplay is something that seems impossible to get through their thick skulls. There's only so many times that you can take a jeep driving off without you or a chopper pilot bailing the moment he is above his fav camp spot before you want to go on a tk spree.

Only real shit map so far is Metro, though I do long for a few more extra large ones. Seine and Tunnel can fuck off as well but at least these have their positives. Metro is just one big long shitty staircase grind. Best map remains Caspian closely followed by Canals. Do hope we'll see the BF2 maps soon.

hoopy

Savant
^ Hahahahahahahaha. It's too bad BF3 uses Origin, otherwise I would buy it.

Also I had forgotten how awesome that Rocky montage theme is (edit: oh yeah, that's a cover version. Well it's even more awesome).

JrK

Prophet
Destroid said:
What's the maximum FOV you can select? In beta the option was locked.
90. You don't see shit if you're looking through your x12 scope though, which is what most of those lame snipers are doing. Sniping with holo sight, now that's badass.

RK47

Patron
i blew up around 20 tanks after watching that vid...fucking inspirational.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom