Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I got my FAMAS and enjoyed the ROF, but the reloading animation made me wince. It's SLOOOOOOOWWWW.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
I would like to test the FAMAS a little bit more, but Origin is retarding around.
And dammit, i wanted a MG3, not that stupid MG36!

tennishero

Novice
BF3 is for retarded inbreds

at least on the pc its shiny

epic shitness- but shiny

modern warfare 2 (to a lesser extent CoD4, to an even lesser extent modern warfare 3) is the best inbred faggot american army simulator-

you get to pretend to be a good person- who doesnt invade countries on false retences for the oil- and who doesnt shoot his own allies in the back because he's a ggutless cocksucking coward who

so its like soap opera of american faggotry

its good for what it is- hardon enabler for men who cant get it up anymore

being good at modern warfare is like being good at taking cock- it might seem imressive to your friends but its still faggotry

its scripted, its shit- 60 FPS is nice, iron sights is nice- but the areas are the size of a living room- the graphics are "teh sux" the enemy AI------ LOL
the tactics---- okay- MP is who can play sniper rifle hidden best- its easy to get good at if you are a faggot

at least it uses the majestic xbox 360 pad- cant believe how much it would fail with K&M

halo is still the best FPS iver ever played
-just so much better in so many ways- huge areas- engageing battles- player coop OFFLINE- (worth the admission alone)
built for consoles

the MP is full of faggots with talent- but you always have a fighting chance and abusing sniper rifles wont win you everything in it

half life 2 is second

if half life 3 updates itself- grows up (yeah scripted events were cool-...........IN FUCKING 1998, LEARN SOMETHING NEW) then it will be the best FPS of all time.... easily

i love valve- the only company ill give money to- because they dont charge for DLC- that simple- thats why i'd pirate MW, i give halo a pass because its actually worth the money

i wouldnt even illegally download BF3

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
tennishero is worthy of ignore list. just pretend he's not here.

Ermm

Erudite
I lolled when in one of their internet video advertisements, some nigger dude at then end says ''rated M for mature.''

The way he says that kind of sum up the ''cool kids'' video game niche.

hoopy

Savant
I don't like unlocks and leveling in MP games, but I caved in and got the game a few days ago.

I really have to marvel at how awful every aspect of the game's interface is. It's a complete failure on almost every conceivable level and makes Skyrim seem like a triumph of user friendliness by comparison. I can't understand how people could have designed and tested it and decided it was fit for release. They even fucked up the key bindings, because there's so much useless overlap and some functions can't be unbound or they'll reset to default when you exit the game (I started using my 360 pad for controlling the drone because no matter what I did I couldn't stop the game from zooming in every time I wanted to fly up). I also like the way co-op missions work: if you fail a mission, it loads the previous mission instead of just restarting. Then you have to again select the mission you want to play and let it load.

The engine sucks shit through a straw, but it's at least a bit better than BC2. Even with all the settings dialed down, my FPS is around 30. A multiplayer engine should be optimized for performance, not looks. At the very least it should scale well. And considering it's multiplatform, there's no excuse for such shitty performance on the PC. Wasn't the PC supposed to be the lead platform anyway?

The campaign is an excruciatingly boring popamole QTE atrocity where on one hand you're expected to obediently follow the leader and do everything the game tells you to, but on the other hand doing so will most likely get you killed over and over again because the designers tested everything with god mode on. As for the story and all the various scenarios, nothing makes any sense at all and it's all braindead bullshit and the developers clearly didn't have any idea what they were doing. Forget realism or accuracy, because this shit doesn't even have any common sense. The dialogue is often idiotic and nonsensical. I don't know what happens after you escape the fuzz and get back into the train because I always died during the train explosion QTE. Not because I failed it, but because the explosion's radius is too much or they forgot to make the player temporarily invulnerable. There is no possible way of getting past the scene. Well done, DICE.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
The single player is indeed shit, but it might as well not even exist. It's Battlefield FFS - you're fucking crazy for even playing it.

As far as the engine is concerned - always makes me laugh when I hear retards complaining when trying to play modern games on decade old hardware and/or machines barley capable of running MS Office. Which seems to be common here at the codex - "but if it can run Fallout, it should be able to run BF3!".

BTW, I know the machine your trying to run the game on must be shit, because even my secondary rig gets better than 30 FPS on medium settings and it's an old 3ghz CD2/4GB/HD4870.

As far as modern, on-line, competitive FPS goes - BF3 is about the best there is.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The campaign is an excruciatingly boring popamole QTE atrocity where on one hand you're expected to obediently follow the leader and do everything the game tells you to, but on the other hand doing so will most likely get you killed over and over again because the designers tested everything with god mode on. As for the story and all the various scenarios, nothing makes any sense at all and it's all braindead bullshit and the developers clearly didn't have any idea what they were doing. Forget realism or accuracy, because this shit doesn't even have any common sense. The dialogue is often idiotic and nonsensical. I don't know what happens after you escape the fuzz and get back into the train because I always died during the train explosion QTE. Not because I failed it, but because the explosion's radius is too much or they forgot to make the player temporarily invulnerable. There is no possible way of getting past the scene. Well done, DICE.
I haven't played the campaign myself, but from what I've heard my impression is that they tried to copy the CoD campaigns without understanding what it is popamolars enjoy about CoD. Thus we get this current pile of fail.
Anyway, just get a decent computer and play multiplayer, that is where the shit is at.

Joghurt

Augur
I got the game at the release and I have played the campaign for like 1 hour. It might as well not be there. Same thing with BC2 - I didn't even play the campaign longer than 1 hour. I just went straight to the mulitplayer.

Can't say the same about Coop - had to do it because I wanted to get MP7. That's what sucks about unlocks - you have to play the shit you hate to get something you want. It felt like grinding for gear in a MMO. The fact that coop missions suck doesn't help either. Anyway MP7 rocks. I think it's my favorite weapon right now. At first I thought it was shit because of 20 round mag but at 60 kills you unlock the extended mag with 40 bullets and basically that shit turns into a freaking meat grinder. Way better than any assault rifles of carbines because you get 40 bullets in a mag and the range is not that bad too.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I got the game at the release and I have played the campaign for like 1 hour. It might as well not be there. Same thing with BC2 - I didn't even play the campaign longer than 1 hour. I just went straight to the mulitplayer.

Can't say the same about Coop - had to do it because I wanted to get MP7. That's what sucks about unlocks - you have to play the shit you hate to get something you want. It felt like grinding for gear in a MMO. The fact that coop missions suck doesn't help either. Anyway MP7 rocks. I think it's my favorite weapon right now. At first I thought it was shit because of 20 round mag but at 60 kills you unlock the extended mag with 40 bullets and basically that shit turns into a freaking meat grinder. Way better than any assault rifles of carbines because you get 40 bullets in a mag and the range is not that bad too.
Give the P90 a try if you've unlocked it. Handles pretty much like the MP-7 but comes with a 50 round mag out of the box :)

Joghurt

Augur

Give the P90 a try if you've unlocked it. Handles pretty much like the MP-7 but comes with a 50 round mag out of the box :)

Yeah I got it unlocked, but I haven't tried it yet. There is also the PP-19 Bizon if you have Back to Karkand, but I didn't like it for one reason - if I put any kind of scope on this thing it looks huge and takes up the whole lower quarter of my screen.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The PP-19 utterly sucks, it does way less damage than any other gun in the game, with no upside to compensate. Poor accuracy too compared to the MP-7/P90.

Steve

Augur
That video is pretty retarded but yeah, the jet physics and the sun are pretty stupid.

hoopy

Savant
As far as the engine is concerned - always makes me laugh when I hear retards complaining when trying to play modern games on decade old hardware and/or machines barley capable of running MS Office. Which seems to be common here at the codex - "but if it can run Fallout, it should be able to run BF3!".

BTW, I know the machine your trying to run the game on must be shit, because even my secondary rig gets better than 30 FPS on medium settings and it's an old 3ghz CD2/4GB/HD4870.
I have an identical setup, so why are you claiming my system is shit and yours isn't? One us certainly is a retard, but it isn't me.

No Hoopy no! They had preorder bonuses! PREORDER BONUSES!
Early unlocks don't count.

A thing I forgot to mention is that the game seems to be really focused on making the player blind. Flashlights blind you, lasers blind you, the sun and the sky blind you, the street lights blind you. Every light source is EXTREME.

I got this on PS3 (before you start judging, it was a gift from my brother with the only purpose being to play *with* my brother). I enjoy it fairly well... is this worth getting on PC to play with my Codexian bros?

Multi-headed Cow

Actually Hoopy they had the $15 map pack as a preorder bonus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom