Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah, right skyway. Just compare BF3 on max settings on PC with the console versions - the difference is chalk and cheese.

Better textures and SSAO. That's it.

Levels are poorly detailed. Vegetation is from 2004. Looks like CoDMW/BFBC2 except with retardedly overexaggerated contrast and a shitton of lens flares to cover that up.

http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/452/614/original/battlefield-3-2-2.jpg
Here you can easily see that all buildings in the background are literally boxes. They saved those resources and yet foreground doesn't contain anything special detail-wise.

Devs can't run from a console hardware. Replacing textures and adding postprocessing effects is all devs can do.

hoopy

Savant
I wonder if all the bloom and lighting effects are meant to disguise flaws in the graphics. You can't look anywhere without being blinded by something.

hoopy

Savant
Well, I'm now done with BF3 for the time being. As of today, the game crashes to desktop within a few minutes, always in the same way (the last image I see looks like I have fallen out of the level). Doesn't matter what the map or server is, or how many players there are.

DICE strikes again.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I know I am a bit late to the party, but are there any codex bros still playing the game? I'm having loads of fun with it and would want to play it in a squad of people that are not just random people.

My Origin handle is "treesnogger"

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
PM Trash, he founded the Codex BF3 gruppen, most of us dont paly together though so good luck.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks! :salute: Added you on that wannabe facebook thingy that is required to play the game. ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That was a pretty amazing match you invited me to, Steve ! I haven't even tested out those new Aftermath Maps, but with 64 players it wasn't as clusterfuck-y like on older maps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom