Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Dragon Age 2...

Am I a terrible judge of games?

• Total voters

Riel

Arcane
I honestly think DA 2 until just before the Qunary attack is the best game plot wise Bioware has done since BG2 Shadows of Amn. It all goes back to the usual (and worst than usual) bioware crap after that, but to me until then it felt like the seventh origin in DA(1) only longer and more personal.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hilarious because it could've been easily avoided by simply removing blood magic as a possible mage specialization given it's such an important element of the story. It's basically a blatant example of story and game design departments not talking to one another, as if making 90% of mages use blood magic didn't already make that obvious.

Gaider said they were aware of the jarring effect but decided the AWESOME factor of being able to use blood magic without annoyances was more important. I find the social commentary in the series inane and boring so I personally don't give a fuck either way.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Hilarious because it could've been easily avoided by simply removing blood magic as a possible mage specialization given it's such an important element of the story. It's basically a blatant example of story and game design departments not talking to one another, as if making 90% of mages use blood magic didn't already make that obvious.

Gaider said they were aware of the jarring effect but decided the AWESOME factor of being able to use blood magic without annoyances was more important. I find the social commentary in the series inane and boring so I personally don't give a fuck either way.

They didn't even have the DA1 hand-waving excuse of, because Grey Warden. Apparently, Grey Wardens are immune to such mundane things as 'everyone everywhere (except tevinter) hunting down and killing blood mages with no remorse, to the point of having a prevailing religion formed around exactly that. "yo dude! I make deals with demons, blood sacrifices, perpetuate ancient curses, and enslave souls to an eternity of bound servitude in golems, but its all good because, you know, grey warden.

Tytus

Arcane

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Humanoids from the deep
Okayish bad movie.

Humanoids_From_the_Deep-poster.jpg

It was a popular theme at some point of schlock cinema history.

This one is a parody from a bad bad movie. The only good part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom